Black Stars - first team to bring World Cup to Africa?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Black Stars - first team to bring World Cup to Africa?

Post by Rawlings »

Ghana Black Stars will be the first team to bring FIFA World Cup to Africa — Nana Addo

President Nana Akufo-Addo has stated that Ghana will be the first African country to lift the FIFA World Cup.

He made this known in a speech read on his behalf by the Chief of Staff, Frema Osei Opare when David Trezeguet, a FIFA legend who won the FIFA World Cup in 1998 accompanied the trophy during the two days of activities in Ghana.

According to him, "I am of the firm conviction that Ghana will not only participate in the competition but will make the whole nation and by extension the African continent proud, with a great performance."

He said "I, therefore, want to urge all Ghanaians, in conclusion, to throng the Accra Polo Court to view the trophy and to be part of history, before we finally bring the cup home on 18th December. We, who were the first to gain our freedom and independence from colonial rule, will be the first to bring the World Cup to Africa."

The senior national team of Ghana, Black Stars will begin its first match against Portugal on November 24, 2022, at Stadium 974 in Doha.

Four days later, the Black Stars will return to action with a clash with South Korea at the Education City Stadium in Al Rayyan.

The team will wrap up its group stage adventure with its much-anticipated encounter with Uruguay at Al Janoub Stadium in Al Wakrah.
https://www.pulse.com.gh/sports/footbal ... ign=sports
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Black Stars - first team to bring World Cup to Africa?

Post by Coach »

Rallying cry worthy of Richard III, but awash with oxymoron, Ghana will be home in due course. Africa will be lucky to have a representative in the quarters and most certainly won’t have anyone near the semis…which makes for a wonderful outside bet.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Coach wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:00 pm Rallying cry worthy of Richard III, but awash with oxymoron, Ghana will be home in due course. Africa will be lucky to have a representative in the quarters and most certainly won’t have anyone near the semis…which makes for a wonderful outside bet.
Bad Belle Man, support your African brethren
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

rawlings, you dey stress yourself . just go there hear your anthem 3 times and come home. focus on winning in 2026.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:01 am rawlings, you dey stress yourself . just go there hear your anthem 3 times and come home. focus on winning in 2026.
Oga, that's the Naija way.
Our team is too strong to go the "Naija Way"

BTW, did u all know that Ghana's captain plays in Qatar? It was meant to be
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Rawlings wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:47 am Ghana Black Stars will be the first team to bring FIFA World Cup to Africa — Nana Addo

President Nana Akufo-Addo has stated that Ghana will be the first African country to lift the FIFA World Cup.

He made this known in a speech read on his behalf by the Chief of Staff, Frema Osei Opare when David Trezeguet, a FIFA legend who won the FIFA World Cup in 1998 accompanied the trophy during the two days of activities in Ghana.

According to him, "I am of the firm conviction that Ghana will not only participate in the competition but will make the whole nation and by extension the African continent proud, with a great performance."

He said "I, therefore, want to urge all Ghanaians, in conclusion, to throng the Accra Polo Court to view the trophy and to be part of history, before we finally bring the cup home on 18th December. We, who were the first to gain our freedom and independence from colonial rule, will be the first to bring the World Cup to Africa."

The senior national team of Ghana, Black Stars will begin its first match against Portugal on November 24, 2022, at Stadium 974 in Doha.

Four days later, the Black Stars will return to action with a clash with South Korea at the Education City Stadium in Al Rayyan.

The team will wrap up its group stage adventure with its much-anticipated encounter with Uruguay at Al Janoub Stadium in Al Wakrah.
https://www.pulse.com.gh/sports/footbal ... ign=sports
Look, I will happy if Ghana wins the World Cup just like I will be happy if any of the African representatives win it. It annoys me that an African nation hasn't won it. Hence, the rubbish reasons I hear why they haven't won it from poor leagues, lack of tactical nous, excessive physicality, lack of players in Champions League etc. I know trolling is your main route to attaining your daily ejaculation. I hope you attain it and it was worthwhile
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

highbury wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:30 am
Look, I will happy if Ghana wins the World Cup just like I will be happy if any of the African representatives win it. It annoys me that an African nation hasn't won it. Hence, the rubbish reasons I hear why they haven't won it from poor leagues, lack of tactical nous, excessive physicality, lack of players in Champions League etc. I know trolling is your main route to attaining your daily ejaculation. I hope you attain it and it was worthwhile
:clap: :clap:
This is the Nigeria I knew back in the day. Supporting your brother man.

(NOTE: I am ignoring your last 2 sentences. That's the Naija that is killing Gidi)
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Breda go finish bowl of kenke with palmwine and start daydreaming :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

YemiBrazil wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:44 pm :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Breda go finish bowl of kenke with palmwine and start daydreaming :lol:
Bad Belle Master,
Your days are numbered.
Come December 18th, you will be requesting a Ghana passport
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

I disagree that Black Stars will be the first team to bring a World Cup to Africa. But they will bring a World Cup to Africa--in 2126, after Nigeria and a host of other African nations.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

ohsee wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:44 pm I disagree that Black Stars will be the first team to bring a World Cup to Africa. But they will bring a World Cup to Africa--in 2126, after Nigeria and a host of other African nations.
The Bad Belle crowd is here ....
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Rawlings wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:03 am
ohsee wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:44 pm I disagree that Black Stars will be the first team to bring a World Cup to Africa. But they will bring a World Cup to Africa--in 2126, after Nigeria and a host of other African nations.
:biggrin:
Whedda or wheddarant it is bad belle.... or not...
Black Stars must return to Ghene after 3 games in November :biggrin:
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

ohsee wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:44 pm
May the gods of accra stick a broomstick permanently in your backside (where the sun don't shine)
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Rawlings wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:37 pm
May the gods of accra stick a broomstick permanently in your backside (where the sun don't shine)
Whedda or wheddarant the impotent gods of Accra stick a broom handle in your backside... :biggrin: ...Ghene Black Stars must return to Accra after 3 games in November. :biggrin:
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

ohsee wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:10 pm
Whedda or wheddarant the impotent gods of Accra stick a broom handle in your backside... :biggrin: ...Ghene Black Stars must return to Accra after 3 games in November. :biggrin:
Iseee!!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
SuperEagles

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

A team that hasn't won the AFCON since God spoke to Moses😀. Win that first.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i am looking forward to ghana vs Brazil in a few weeks
SuperEagles

Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:47 pm i am looking forward to ghana vs Brazil in a few weeks
Expect this lineup (3-4-3)

------------Amartey(Leicester), Djiku(Strasbourg), Salisu(Southampton) -------------
Lamptey(Brighton), Partey(Arsenal), D. Ayew(Qatar), Suleman(Rennes)
----------------- Jordan(C Palace), Inaki(Atletico), Kudus(Ajax) -------------------------

Brazil dey fia the players in bold
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

theYemster wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:04 am A team that hasn't won the AFCON since God spoke to Moses😀. Win that first.
Bad Belle Master
May the gods of accra remove one of your balls.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

tfco and crawlings, odoyewu eeh! how body today? :rotf: :rotf:

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

YemiBrazil wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:12 pm
ohsee wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:10 pm
Iseee!!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Rawlings, it’s OK 👌🏿, remain hopeful. Perhaps, the next time Ghana qualifies for the World Cup; maybe in 2034🤐🙂❗️

Cheers.