Sept 23rd: Ghana 🇬🇭 0 v 3 🇧🇷 Brazil

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Sept 23rd: Ghana 🇬🇭 0 v 3 🇧🇷 Brazil

Post by Bigpokey24 »

These ghana people no get shame at all...they chose to set up a football match vs Nicaragua....my goodness
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Nicaragua????? Wow dey no get shame :lol: :lol:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Guys, this Brazil looks DAMN good.

I had my doubts, but this is shaping up to be something special...if they can maintain their composure and if the defense isn't as slow as I think it might be, anchored by Silva and Casemiro. If they can bring in the jogo bonito, the xinga. It's been crickets in the latter for some time, as Brazil has tried to out-European the Europeans.

For me, it remains to be seen if Brazil has that leader to make them play their A game in the big moment. Neymar has never been this. Not sure who will be.

Last WC, Belgium clinically beat a Brazil that produced a lot of changes but whiffed them. Again, Brazil tried to out-European them, but Belgium more than held their own ground, playing without fear against the familiar.

Xinga. Bring it back...same, on a related topic, for African teams, who to be honest, have lost something. Ghana looked horrible in this game. Hope they turn it around for the WC.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

big pokey, the undertaker and mace, a combined zero correct predictions ever, i'm feeling even more confident.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

mate wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:42 am Guys, this Brazil looks DAMN good.

I had my doubts, but this is shaping up to be something special...if they can maintain their composure and if the defense isn't as slow as I think it might be, anchored by Silva and Casemiro. If they can bring in the jogo bonito, the xinga. It's been crickets in the latter for some time, as Brazil has tried to out-European the Europeans.

For me, it remains to be seen if Brazil has that leader to make them play their A game in the big moment. Neymar has never been this. Not sure who will be.

Last WC, Belgium clinically beat a Brazil that produced a lot of changes but whiffed them. Again, Brazil tried to out-European them, but Belgium more than held their own ground, playing without fear against the familiar.

Xinga. Bring it back...same, on a related topic, for African teams, who to be honest, have lost something. Ghana looked horrible in this game. Hope they turn it around for the WC.
by chance did you watch the second half?
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:17 pm
kalani JR wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:56 am i still think they can come out of their group.
How , they had a better chance in 2014. This current team looks horrible. Getting the 1994 Cameroon world cup vibes
Lol
Weti Cameroon do you ?
From nowhere you brought Cameroon into the discussion.
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:28 pm
kalani JR wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:56 am i still think they can come out of their group.
Who will they take points from? Portugal? Not likely. Uruguay? For where? Korea? Ha ha ha!
That is why African teams are not doing well in the WC any longer the present group of players
though most of them play abroad the play with an inferiority complex, a defeatist mind and without
any conviction. it is as if they develop brain freeze on the big stage leaving one to wonder whether
they are really professionals. Just the same mentality like our governments that think without the Oyibos
we cannot develop and have to really on them to build even roads. More time needs to be spent in a classroom
to change the mindset of our players and instill confidence in them. The goals Cameroon conceded against
Uzbekistan will lead one to question the football IQ of the players. The worrying part was that Song wasn't even
furious and the errors and ease at which they conceded goals to a team like Uzbekistan. I dread what Brazil will do
to Cameroon. Why do they become so bad when they get out of Africa. Senegal though played with confidence and
bossed Boliva, they are the only hope for Africa. Where is Etoo when he is needed.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

King Futcha wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:37 am

by chance did you watch the second half?
No. I watched some of the 1st half and relied on extended highlights...and Brazil looked pretty good.

Did it change much in the 2nd half?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

chopachop wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:19 am
Who will they take points from? Portugal? Not likely. Uruguay? For where? Korea? Ha ha ha!
That is why African teams are not doing well in the WC any longer the present group of players
though most of them play abroad the play with an inferiority complex, a defeatist mind and without
any conviction. it is as if they develop brain freeze on the big stage leaving one to wonder whether
they are really professionals. Just the same mentality like our governments that think without the Oyibos
we cannot develop and have to really on them to build even roads. More time needs to be spent in a classroom
to change the mindset of our players and instill confidence in them. The goals Cameroon conceded against
Uzbekistan will lead one to question the football IQ of the players. The worrying part was that Song wasn't even
furious and the errors and ease at which they conceded goals to a team like Uzbekistan. I dread what Brazil will do
to Cameroon. Why do they become so bad when they get out of Africa. Senegal though played with confidence and
bossed Boliva, they are the only hope for Africa. Where is Etoo when he is needed.

I remember what the coach of Israel said after losing to Denmark to an Israel reporter who accused the team of having an inferiority complex: we don't have an inferiority complex, we're just inferior right now.

African football right now just isn't as good as the lead European and South American teams. Same with CONCACAF. I have no doubt the players go out to win, confident they can...with things going south mentally if they start to fall behind, which is the case for any team in any game in this situation.

And no serious football fan questions the IQ of a whole conference. Individual players, even a current team, sure. I remember Croatia in the 2002 being dumb as rocks. And inferior, faltering against Ecuador and Mexico. But it wasn't because we were Croatian...just that set of players in that moment.

Sorry for being long winded. Just saying. :)
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

You mean "ginga"?

Yes, it was almost an impossible mission rebuilding the famous Brazilian identity but Tite has done well. Winning the world cup is a totally different war. I root for Brazil but it goes to whoever peaks in all department at the right time.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

YemiBrazil wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:24 pm

You mean "ginga"?

Yes, it was almost an impossible mission rebuilding the famous Brazilian identity but Tite has done well. Winning the world cup is a totally different war. I root for Brazil but it goes to whoever peaks in all department at the right time.

Sorry, ginga.

:)
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

CrawCrawlings don pick race oh..paaaaa...wey iz zee breda? All that mouf making just for him to tear race :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

mate wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:05 am

I remember what the coach of Israel said after losing to Denmark to an Israel reporter who accused the team of having an inferiority complex: we don't have an inferiority complex, we're just inferior right now.

African football right now just isn't as good as the lead European and South American teams. Same with CONCACAF. I have no doubt the players go out to win, confident they can...with things going south mentally if they start to fall behind, which is the case for any team in any game in this situation.

And no serious football fan questions the IQ of a whole conference. Individual players, even a current team, sure. I remember Croatia in the 2002 being dumb as rocks. And inferior, faltering against Ecuador and Mexico. But it wasn't because we were Croatian...just that set of players in that moment.

The problem with African football is that it has not grown like Croatian Football that you quoted which has grown to be a powerhouse in European and world soccer. African countries when they do well don't build on the success they instead regress
Cameroon never improved on their success of 1990 same with Senegal 2002 and Ghana 2010. Just putting players on the field isn't enough, Children have to be taught in a classroom using real live examples from an early age the fundamentals, decision making, awareness, positioning, tactics if not Africa will only continue to regress. Countries like Japan have progressed tactically within a short period of time due to the approach taken, of course they have invested alot of money. African countries are still plagued with logistical, playing bonus and preparation problems. It is really endemic and don't see things improving even in the next 50 years because the awareness isn't there, those incharge don't even think there is a problem. If Etoo could make that statement after that lame performance against Uzbekistan with the WC less than 2 months away then all hopes that I harbored that things will be better preparation wise has vanished completely. They are contented going to the WC to make up the numbers. Today's match against SK was the last match before the WC yet Cameroon's best players never joined the team in this window. They are not serious, thought Etoo was serious, how mistaken I was.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

I don't think the problem with African teams is inferiority complex as much as lack of discipline, perfectionism and professionalism. Same thing with our governments. The bottom line is that discipline, perfectionism and professionalism takes a LOT of work and planning, and our people just don't want to do the work. Show me a country where people believe in magic, divine intervention and prayer warriors and I will show you a country where people do not want to do hard, sustained, long-term work.

African players have lots of confidence, but they usually don't play for the team. Taking shots from acute angles when a better placed teammate is available for a tap-in, not marking players tightly, not making runs, not playing at full fitness etc.

Brazil were VERY, VERY confident against Germany in the 2014 semi-finals, but a professional and disciplined Germany easily dismantled them.

Wha choo looking at?!
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:29 pm
I don't think the problem with African teams is inferiority complex as much as lack of discipline, perfectionism and professionalism. Same thing with our governments. The bottom line is that discipline, perfectionism and professionalism takes a LOT of work and planning, and our people just don't want to do the work. Show me a country where people believe in magic, divine intervention and prayer warriors and I will show you a country where people do not want to do hard, sustained, long-term work.

African players have lots of confidence, but they usually don't play for the team. Taking shots from acute angles when a better placed teammate is available for a tap-in, not marking players tightly, not making runs, not playing at full fitness etc.

Brazil were VERY, VERY confident against Germany in the 2014 semi-finals, but a professional and disciplined Germany easily dismantled them.
There is inferiority complex that is why they are resigned to making an effort, poor passes, no running, no awareness, poor positioning and reading of the game. The level has dropped globally however in Africa's case the drop is tsunami level, money has not really help improve the level of soccer
no wonder the same 2 players were repeatedly winning the ballon d'or. Cameroon team of 1990, 2000, Nigeria team of 1994, Senegal team of 2002 were playing with confidence and you could see it. I don't see it with these current crop of players, they know just to pass sideways and back pass so predictable, zero flair.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Futcha what were you saying about Iran again? Mschew, like I said they are a good team, a much better team than bredas that’s for sure. The WC will be quite interesting and of course anything is possible, but what’s probable based on how these teams have been playing…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

chopachop wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:40 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:29 pm

There is inferiority complex that is why they are resigned to making an effort, poor passes, no running, no awareness, poor positioning and reading of the game. The level has dropped globally however in Africa's case the drop is tsunami level, money has not really help improve the level of soccer
no wonder the same 2 players were repeatedly winning the ballon d'or. Cameroon team of 1990, 2000, Nigeria team of 1994, Senegal team of 2002 were playing with confidence and you could see it. I don't see it with these current crop of players, they know just to pass sideways and back pass so predictable, zero flair.
You would have to read their minds to know they feel inferiority complexes. It is more objective to realize that the stuff you list: not making an effort, poor passes, no running etc comes down to lack of fitness preparation, lack of adequate training and lack of tactical preparation.

Wha choo looking at?!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

chopachop wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:27 pm
mate wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:05 am

The problem with African football is that it has not grown like Croatian Football that you quoted which has grown to be a powerhouse in European and world soccer. African countries when they do well don't build on the success they instead regress
Cameroon never improved on their success of 1990 same with Senegal 2002 and Ghana 2010. Just putting players on the field isn't enough, Children have to be taught in a classroom using real live examples from an early age the fundamentals, decision making, awareness, positioning, tactics if not Africa will only continue to regress. Countries like Japan have progressed tactically within a short period of time due to the approach taken, of course they have invested alot of money. African countries are still plagued with logistical, playing bonus and preparation problems. It is really endemic and don't see things improving even in the next 50 years because the awareness isn't there, those incharge don't even think there is a problem. If Etoo could make that statement after that lame performance against Uzbekistan with the WC less than 2 months away then all hopes that I harbored that things will be better preparation wise has vanished completely. They are contented going to the WC to make up the numbers. Today's match against SK was the last match before the WC yet Cameroon's best players never joined the team in this window. They are not serious, thought Etoo was serious, how mistaken I was.

This is an interesting discussion. I did a lot of research as to what specifically Croatia did versus Ireland and Scotland, 2 similar sized countries who want to be like Croatia. I combed internet articles and spoke to many coaches, trainers, and academy folks.

The best was a blog post by an Irishman. I can't find it, but will convey what he found.

Bottom Line:
  • Croatia emphasizes technique and development across a long time horizon rather than winning.
  • Croatia has various leagues, including small side football regional competitions, to develop a player. All Croatian players get to compete against the best, even much older players. In your teens, you will be playing pros often enough.
  • Croatia use the elevator rather than ladder system. An elevator safely gets you to your level. A ladder is dangerous, as a player can fall off if not ready for another rung...this is the decisive statement. You have a lot of time to keep taking the elevator to the right place.
Irish, Scottish, and, yes, American players face age based cutoffs. Not Croatians. If you are small at age 14, you will be allowed to age and put on muscle, for many years. You might wind up in various leagues or academies, even when in the Dinamo or Hajduk system. They realize kids evolve at a different pace.

You might get shipped to a local league and team. But these are high quality. Also, the writer said forget companies Dinamo and Hajduk to Celtic and Rangers...you should compare the lowest teams in each league. Croatia has a huge edge, as lower Croatian teams are much better than their Scottish and Irish counterparts.

Again, it comes down to getting young kids the right support and development in good leagues. Tailoring their development. Coaches of course must have an eye for the kid who can and will develop. Croatia makes facilities available and the leagues, but parents of course pitch in, as Croatians are not rich by any means.

So does any of this apply to Africa? I think it can: develop quality leagues so the best players have a place to develop. Croatia is proof this works. Croatia has so many kids in the pipeline with exposure that English, let alone Irish or Scottish kids are not getting. The Croatian league is the lifeblood of our pipeline.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Brazil vs Tunisia 0-0, interesting one so far, Tun just full defending mode, lets see how they do...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

See headed goal by Raphina 1-0
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tunisia equalize!!!!!!! 1-1 off a set piece header!!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

CHAIII Brazil quickly regain the lead Richarlison!!!!! This game na helele!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:52 pm CHAIII Brazil quickly regain the lead Richarlison!!!!! This game na helele!
E be like say Tunisia don cool down :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!