Brazil 5 vs Tunisia 1

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Brazil 4 vs Tunisia 1

Post by Scipio Africanus »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:51 am
YUJAM wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:36 pm So this type of stuff is not news in America?
maceo4 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:35 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:26 pm
YUJAM wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:07 pm I heard a banana was thrown at Richardlison.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/fan-thr ... 45d2f3cf50

N African fans
Richarlison? Why would North Africans throw a banana at Richarlison? Have they looked at Richarlison and then looked in the mirror?
But why make this news? Why give them the attention they are looking for? The crowd was hostile towards Brazil as it was in Paris, they were also flashing laser lights in the players eyes. But, I only want to hear this news if the person who did it has been identified and punished. Else publicizing it without any repercussions just gives other attention seekers ideas...theres a reason why in NFL they cut away from fans running onto the field, in order not to give ideas or encourage others who are looking for attention.
What’s the point of reporting on it when those who did it go scot free? If the reporting doesn’t pin point who did it for authorities to take action then it’s pointless and just shows others how they can get attention with no repercussions…
Accountability begins with reporting the incident. It is now up to the French authorities to identify the perp.

Wha choo looking at?!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:49 am
maceo4 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:51 am
YUJAM wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:36 pm So this type of stuff is not news in America?
maceo4 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:35 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:26 pm
YUJAM wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:07 pm I heard a banana was thrown at Richardlison.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/fan-thr ... 45d2f3cf50

N African fans
Richarlison? Why would North Africans throw a banana at Richarlison? Have they looked at Richarlison and then looked in the mirror?
But why make this news? Why give them the attention they are looking for? The crowd was hostile towards Brazil as it was in Paris, they were also flashing laser lights in the players eyes. But, I only want to hear this news if the person who did it has been identified and punished. Else publicizing it without any repercussions just gives other attention seekers ideas...theres a reason why in NFL they cut away from fans running onto the field, in order not to give ideas or encourage others who are looking for attention.
What’s the point of reporting on it when those who did it go scot free? If the reporting doesn’t pin point who did it for authorities to take action then it’s pointless and just shows others how they can get attention with no repercussions…
Accountability begins with reporting the incident. It is now up to the French authorities to identify the perp.
I hear you but nothing ever gets done though, so where’s the accountability? They give it attention but nothing gets done about it.

Also, I’m sure the Brazilian team reported it to the authorities at the stadium, but it doesn’t need to get publicity is what I mean, not that it shouldn’t be reported. Folks who do these type of things feed off of the publicity they get for doing these things esp when they go scot free, publicizing it when there are no repercussions to me can fuel more of it.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Brazil 5 vs Tunisia 1

Post by Coach »

^on the contrary, it’s the publicity in some instances that leads to lobby and advocacy from social interest groups that aren’t afflicted by Footballitis and thus couldn’t tell a Donnadoni from a Donner kebab.

With eyes and emphasis on “inclusivity” at Qatar, this incident would be a perfect opportunity to twist the nozzle and demand a show of hand from the establishment. Of course, till the victim (Brazil in this instance) steps forward and calls for the sternest of punishments, a blind eye will be turned.

“What’s a banana at a black man’s feet after all”.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I definitely will not be supporting Tunisia at the WC
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Coach wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:57 am ^on the contrary, it’s the publicity in some instances that leads to lobby and advocacy from social interest groups that aren’t afflicted by Footballitis and thus couldn’t tell a Donnadoni from a Donner kebab.

With eyes and emphasis on “inclusivity” at Qatar, this incident would be a perfect opportunity to twist the nozzle and demand a show of hand from the establishment. Of course, till the victim (Brazil in this instance) steps forward and calls for the sternest of punishments, a blind eye will be turned.

Is publicity more important to you than repercussions for these actions? I still haven’t seen the publicity leading to any actual justice. In this day an age with cameras everywhere they still haven’t identified and punished whoever did it. So the way some sick minds might see it is, throw your banana it will get lots of reactions and publicity but nothing will actually happen to you…That’s why I more so care about the publicity when the culprit gets identified and punished, publicizing that will more so prevent it from happening again…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Dammy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:37 pm I definitely will not be supporting Tunisia at the WC
How do you know it was a Tunisian that threw the fruit? Anyone could have purchased a ticket to watch the match.

Wha choo looking at?!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

It’s ok to admit you are on the wrong track

Publicity has led to Justice when it comes to racism. Whether it’s at the individual or systemic level, publicity has been one of the main drivers of Justice.
maceo4 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:22 pm
Coach wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:57 am ^on the contrary, it’s the publicity in some instances that leads to lobby and advocacy from social interest groups that aren’t afflicted by Footballitis and thus couldn’t tell a Donnadoni from a Donner kebab.

Is publicity more important to you than repercussions for these actions? I still haven’t seen the publicity leading to any actual justice. In this day an age with cameras everywhere they still haven’t identified and punished whoever did it. So the way some sick minds might see it is, throw your banana it will get lots of reactions and publicity but nothing will actually happen to you…That’s why I more so care about the publicity when the culprit gets identified and punished, publicizing that will more so prevent it from happening again…
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

YUJAM wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:05 pm It’s ok to admit you are on the wrong track

Publicity has led to Justice when it comes to racism. Whether it’s at the individual or systemic level, publicity has been one of the main drivers of Justice.

Its not about a right or wrong track, I'm not rigid, but you also need to stop thinking like a tyrant. I gave my reasonings in this particular scenario why I feel this should only get the publicity when folks that did it are held responsible. That doesn't mean I don't support publicity in other scenarios. Where did you get that from? I am asking you in these specific banana throwing scenarios show me what positive outcomes have occurred from simply publicizing the act without actually using the same cameras to identify and punish those committing the offense? Don't you see its just a talking point used to garner views and eyes and monetize our pain while giving the sick ones ideas. But nothing substantial or concrete actually comes out of it. That is my issue, you can simply show me what positives have concretely come out of the publicity in these specific scenarios and then I can process that and reevaluate my stance, but as of now I don't see any and your general statements aren't necessarily the best fit for every scenario (like I mentioned with cameras cutting away from fans running on the field in the NFL).
Super Eagus 4 Life!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

My bro, we don't have to over-analyze this one. Rarely have major racial issues been addressed without a significant amount of publicity. Heck, it’s even been a significant factor in getting European bodies and FAs to enact action aimed at addressing some of the more egregious racial acts.

maceo4 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:04 pm
YUJAM wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:05 pm It’s ok to admit you are on the wrong track

Its not about a right or wrong track, I'm not rigid, but you also need to stop thinking like a tyrant. I gave my reasonings in this particular scenario why I feel this should only get the publicity when folks that did it are held responsible. That doesn't mean I don't support publicity in other scenarios. Where did you get that from? I am asking you in these specific banana throwing scenarios show me what positive outcomes have occurred from simply publicizing the act without actually using the same cameras to identify and punish those committing the offense? Don't you see its just a talking point used to garner views and eyes and monetize our pain while giving the sick ones ideas. But nothing substantial or concrete actually comes out of it. That is my issue, you can simply show me what positives have concretely come out of the publicity in these specific scenarios and then I can process that and reevaluate my stance, but as of now I don't see any and your general statements aren't necessarily the best fit for every scenario (like I mentioned with cameras cutting away from fans running on the field in the NFL).
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:36 pm
mate wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:22 pm Scipio, is it a ginga performance? I can't watch a single game even though I am in Croatia right now!

All the games require special subscriptions which my Mom doesn't have.

And my my streaming accounts in the USA are blocked here.

😐
Ginga? There were small flashes of it. :thumbs: A step-over here, a clever feint there, but this in total was a clinical, no-nonsense Brazilian performance, with extra ruthlessness in front of goal. It will take a lot to stop them in 2 months, unless they meet France :mrgreen: then you can safely bid them adieu :laugh: from the WC.

WRT streaming, you should look into using a VPN. Life without streaming content is not good for the nerves :mrgreen:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
In a WC, when Brazil hear "France" they runs. :biggrin: To the bathroom. :biggrin:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Mazi, there is a completeness about Brazil's Selecao today, defensive stalwarts, midfield enforcers and a blend of work-rate and wizardry up top. If they can remove the overemphasis on Neymar, in addition to his air of invincibility, they could yet lock horns with their nemesis, akin to the battling bulls in musth and emerge uncuckolded. Much like the Albiceleste, their chance hinges entirely on the objective, its not about Messi's last Mundial, rather the Argentinian attempt of Jules Remy. If Brazil can function as a collective, they'll be a force to reckon with.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Coach wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:14 am @Mazi, there is a completeness about Brazil's Selecao today, defensive stalwarts, midfield enforcers and a blend of work-rate and wizardry up top. If they can remove the overemphasis on Neymar, in addition to his air of invincibility, they could yet lock horns with their nemesis, akin to the battling bulls in musth and emerge uncuckolded. Much like the Albiceleste, their chance hinges entirely on the objective, its not about Messi's last Mundial, rather the Argentinian attempt of Jules Remy. If Brazil can function as a collective, they'll be a force to reckon with.

KPOM!

If they fire on all cylinders, playing their A game consistently, they are #1.

The defensive spine is the weakness...from Silva and Casemiro. But a team has to be confident and offensive to test them. Many won't be.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:14 am @Mazi, there is a completeness about Brazil's Selecao today, defensive stalwarts, midfield enforcers and a blend of work-rate and wizardry up top. If they can remove the overemphasis on Neymar, in addition to his air of invincibility, they could yet lock horns with their nemesis, akin to the battling bulls in musth and emerge uncuckolded. Much like the Albiceleste, their chance hinges entirely on the objective, its not about Messi's last Mundial, rather the Argentinian attempt of Jules Remy. If Brazil can function as a collective, they'll be a force to reckon with.
Coachito nwokem, maybe you are right, I don't know. I am, unfortunately, a student of the past. But as my Madam keeps reminding me, the past does not equal the future.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohsee wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:06 am
Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:36 pm
mate wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:22 pm Scipio, is it a ginga performance? I can't watch a single game even though I am in Croatia right now!

All the games require special subscriptions which my Mom doesn't have.

And my my streaming accounts in the USA are blocked here.

😐
Ginga? There were small flashes of it. :thumbs: A step-over here, a clever feint there, but this in total was a clinical, no-nonsense Brazilian performance, with extra ruthlessness in front of goal. It will take a lot to stop them in 2 months, unless they meet France :mrgreen: then you can safely bid them adieu :laugh: from the WC.

WRT streaming, you should look into using a VPN. Life without streaming content is not good for the nerves :mrgreen:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
In a WC, when Brazil hear "France" they runs. :biggrin: To the bathroom. :biggrin:
A un, a deux, a trois zero!!! :mrgreen: France has no time for Brazil for real. But now you have to add Germany, Holland and even Belgium to the list of potential Brazil killers. A team with good set-piece execution will dismantle Brazil, yes even this Brazil.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

What are the odds in the Switzerland-Brazil match? Might be worth putting a tenner on the Swiss to take that game. Argentina? Pfft! Out in the quarters at best.

Wha choo looking at?!