Best African XI At the Moment

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Best African XI At the Moment

Post by wiseone »

Onana
Mazraoui-Koulibaly-Matip-Hakimi
Ndidi-Partey
Mahrez
Salah-Auba-Mane
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Best African XI At the Moment

Post by bamenda boy »

wiseone wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:17 pm Onana
Ndidi-Partey
Mahrez
Salah-Auba-Mane
Replace Ndidi with Anguissa.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

That line up is a joke if Anguissa is not on it. Ndidis team is the last in the premiere league. Do not let patriotism fool you.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Kudus walks straight into any African XI
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

The Goddess wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:19 pm That line up is a joke if Anguissa is not on it. Ndidis team is the last in the premiere league. Do not let patriotism fool you.
while i don't think Ndidi belongs I fail to see how his team's position in the league table should be a disqualifying factor, doctor?
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

King Futcha wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:31 pm
The Goddess wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:19 pm That line up is a joke if Anguissa is not on it. Ndidis team is the last in the premiere league. Do not let patriotism fool you.
while i don't think Ndidi belongs I fail to see how his team's position in the league table should be a disqualifying factor, doctor?
How has he helped in his teams predicament? Its a team sport at the end of the day. Individual accolades also get given in consideration on how the players fared with the team.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Ndidi-Partey
Mahrez
Salah-Auba-Mane
Talking of patriotism and EPLism.
BTW, Onana has no business being on that list.
I suspect if Onana were not Cameroonian, you would have Mendy on that list.

I can name 2-3 goalies ahead of him without even thinking about it.

The guy cannot handle crosses, for heaven's sake.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Kabalega wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:26 pm
Ndidi-Partey
Mahrez
Salah-Auba-Mane

There is a simple solution....name your own...its just the OP's opinion...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Ndidi? :ohmy:
why don't u just add Yobo and finish us off.
Remember when I said all the Nigerians at a party said OsinHem is better than Haaland?
This is a similar case.

why is Kudus not on the lists? 6 goals in 6 matches. scored in all champions league games he's played this year
Last edited by Rawlings on Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

King Futcha wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:30 pm Kudus walks straight into any African XI
Blessed is he who telleth the truth, for they shall live the longest - Jah 12:34 (KNV)
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

“I can name 2-3 goalies ahead of him without even thinking about it” - then why didn’t you?

I did not pick Mendy because he has been: (a) utter bobbins for the past year; and (b) leaking bad goals like an onion 🧅 bag with several holes cut into it.

You are right about my “EPLism”. That is why I picked a GK that plays in Italy 🇮🇹 , a RB in Germany 🇩🇪, a LB in France 🇫🇷, and a forward in 🇩🇪 Germany. Anyone who knows anything about geography knows that Italy, France, and Germany are in England, and that teams from those countries are allowed to compete in the EPL.

🤦🏽

aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

I don’t even thing it’s got anything to do with his club’s performance. He just does not belong. It’s the Nigerians who have lied to themselves for long that they believe their own lies. They’re going on and on about he has lost form, this and that but any normal football fan will tell you that this Ndidi dude has never been an elite player. Average at best
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

aykwes8 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:04 pm
I don’t even thing it’s got anything to do with his club’s performance. He just does not belong. It’s the Nigerians who have lied to themselves for long that they believe their own lies. They’re going on and on about he has lost form, this and that but any normal football fan will tell you that this Ndidi dude has never been an elite player. Average at best
oboy nah real wah for you. You come on a Nigerian football forum to cry about someone's own choice picking his African 11... what stops you from picking yours. Did some naija person really hurt your feelings. I find it super funny how people get worked up over an opinionated choice

pick your own 11 and move on. This a forum. google the meaning of a forum. kai
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:31 pm
aykwes8 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:04 pm
oboy nah real wah for you. You come on a Nigerian football forum to cry about someone's own choice picking his African 11... what stops you from picking yours. Did some naija person really hurt your feelings. I find it super funny how people get worked up over an opinionated choice

pick your own 11 and move on. This a forum. google the meaning of a forum. kai
What makes you think I’m worked up about it? The fact that Ndidi does not belong on a list of Africa IX or the fact that I’m the one saying it? Why can’t it be my opinion too
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Mendy

Hakimi
Koulibally
Tapsoba
Mazroui

Partey
Anguissa
Kudus

Mane
Oshimen
Salah
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

No Toko Ekambi?
Please look at his stats for club and country and name me three players who did better than him.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YUJAM wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:51 pm Mendy

Hakimi
Koulibally
Tapsoba
Mazroui

Partey
Anguissa
Kudus

Mane
Oshimen
Salah
please take Kudus and Tapsoba out . Kudos is a ball turnover liability , he is so bad in midfield, Ajax had to push him upfront

Also Taps has been of form since AFCON
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Salah, Mahrez, Delort, Osimhen, Mane, Awoniyi - all scored more goals than Toko Ekambi last season (5 of them while playing in leagues much stronger than the one Toko Ekambi plays in).

I actually named double the number of players that you requested.
bamenda boy wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:00 pm No Toko Ekambi?
Please look at his stats for club and country and name me three players who did better than him.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

wiseone wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:51 pm Salah, Mahrez, Delort, Osimhen, Mane, Awoniyi - all scored more goals than Toko Ekambi last season (5 of them while playing in leagues much stronger than the one Toko Ekambi plays in).

I actually named double the number of players that you requested.
bamenda boy wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:00 pm No Toko Ekambi?
Please prove it with stats.
Thank you.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

LMAO 🤣
The internet is full of jokers. Next he will ask me to prove that gravity is real or that the earth 🌎 revolves around the sun 🌞.

😅
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

wiseone wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:57 pm LMAO 🤣
The internet is full of jokers. Next he will ask me to prove that gravity is real or that the earth 🌎 revolves around the sun 🌞.

😅
Let's start with Mahrez. Let's look at his stats for club and country vs Ekambi.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I agree that Tapsoba should probably be out but he did well in the CAN. I’d go with Chancel Mbemba of Marseille then. Kudus is awesome though.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:05 pm
YUJAM wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:51 pm Mendy

Hakimi
Koulibally
Tapsoba
Mazroui

Partey
Anguissa
Kudus

Mane
Oshimen
Salah
please take Kudus and Tapsoba out . Kudos is a ball turnover liability , he is so bad in midfield, Ajax had to push him upfront

Also Taps has been of form since AFCON
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Nice try! :roll:
8 of your players are EPL ballers. That is 73% of your list :lol: :lol:
Add to that the forward in Germany has just left the EPL

So only 2 players have no direct ties to the EPL.
Nothing wrong with having the EPL in your blood. :D
wiseone wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:45 pm “I can name 2-3 goalies ahead of him without even thinking about it” - then why didn’t you?

I did not pick Mendy because he has been: (a) utter bobbins for the past year; and (b) leaking bad goals like an onion 🧅 bag with several holes cut into it.

You are right about my “EPLism”. That is why I picked a GK that plays in Italy 🇮🇹 , a RB in Germany 🇩🇪, a LB in France 🇫🇷, and a forward in 🇩🇪 Germany. Anyone who knows anything about geography knows that Italy, France, and Germany are in England, and that teams from those countries are allowed to compete in the EPL.

🤦🏽

“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu