Haaland and Odegaard

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Haaland and Odegaard

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Pity Norway didn’t qualify for the WC. Those 2 would have been a sensation

Wha choo looking at?!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Haaland and Odegaard

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:19 pm Pity Norway didn’t qualify for the WC. Those 2 would have been a sensation
Oga Skip, in the past, I rarely watched City games unless my phone feed told me somebody was beating them. :biggrin: But now, I watch all their games because I want to see history being made. That Haaland has landed in the right team that will make him a GOAT contender. Of course, he has none of the ball skills of a Pele, Maradona or Messi, or even Mbappe, but his goal scoring instincts and skills are peerless. Barring injury, I see him destroying all EPL goal scoring records.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohsee wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:40 am
Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:19 pm Pity Norway didn’t qualify for the WC. Those 2 would have been a sensation
Oga Skip, in the past, I rarely watched City games unless my phone feed told me somebody was beating them. :biggrin: But now, I watch all their games because I want to see history being made. That Haaland has landed in the right team that will make him a GOAT contender. Of course, he has none of the ball skills of a Pele, Maradona or Messi, or even Mbappe, but his goal scoring instincts and skills are peerless. Barring injury, I see him destroying all EPL goal scoring records.
I enthusiastically concur about his goal scoring instincts. As you mentioned, he’s nothing special in the ball skills department, or is he? The kid seems to have a supernatural ability to anticipate and time his runs to millimetric perfection.

Remember Hulk from Brazil? Haaland is the ultra deluxe version. Actually I remember another Brazilian tank of a striker named Adriano from the early aughts. He seemed unstoppable playing for Inter for a while. Left shot, right shot, headers, acceleration, power, he had it all. Then he just fell off the radar. Those two Brazilian man mountains remind me of Haaland, but Haaland has that extra something. The question is, will he get better with age or regress to the mean?

Kai! The gods played a cruel joke on Haaland by making him Norwegian. Imagine if he were German, Brazilian or French.

Wha choo looking at?!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:18 am
I enthusiastically concur about his goal scoring instincts. As you mentioned, he’s nothing special in the ball skills department, or is he? The kid seems to have a supernatural ability to anticipate and time his runs to millimetric perfection.

Remember Hulk from Brazil? Haaland is the ultra deluxe version. Actually I remember another Brazilian tank of a striker named Adriano from the early aughts. He seemed unstoppable playing for Inter for a while. Left shot, right shot, headers, acceleration, power, he had it all. Then he just fell off the radar. Those two Brazilian man mountains remind me of Haaland, but Haaland has that extra something. The question is, will he get better with age or regress to the mean?

Kai! The gods played a cruel joke on Haaland by making him Norwegian. Imagine if he were German, Brazilian or French.
Adriano was a beast, I think injuries and lack of discipline did him in, but what a lethal left foot.

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Adriano was doomed from inception, gifted with all the physical attributes to escape the ghetto but a soupçon of the resolve to resists its overtures. The loss of his gang land father flicked the switch that hop, skipped and jumped the juggernaut back to the City of God sans piosity. That being said, what Adriano did in the brief time that be stalked the footballing world was pure comic book. Superheroesque.

Unlike the former, Haaland has solid ground beneath his feet, an unparalleled advantage. Shades of Ruud Van about the Viking, pure penalty box lethality. A joy to watch.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

My brothers, my understanding of footie is not top notch, in fact it is bottom notch. I also admit to NEVER seeing Adriano play. But I fail to understand why we are comparing Adriano to Haaland even at this early stage in Haaland's career. Statistically, Haaland is in very solid Pelesque goal-a-game territory, if not better. Adriano was never there. See Wiki for confirmation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adriano_( ... uary_1982)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erling_Haaland
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohsee wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:05 pm My brothers, my understanding of footie is not top notch, in fact it is bottom notch. I also admit to NEVER seeing Adriano play. But I fail to understand why we are comparing Adriano to Haaland even at this early stage in Haaland's career. Statistically, Haaland is in very solid Pelesque goal-a-game territory, if not better. Adriano was never there. See Wiki for confirmation.
Oga in terms of bulk, power, surefootedness and penalty box instinct Adriano instantly comes to mind when I think of Haaland.

Big strikers(the ex-Yugoslav countries have given us quite a few: Boksic, Mandzukic, Mitrovic(spell check corrected it to Moronic :laugh:) etc) tend to be lumbering and have an air of clumsiness about them, so when we see a specimen with the sheer bulk, power, surefootedness and unreal penalty box instinct of Haaland, we desperately try to find something as similar as possible to the wonders unfolding in real time before our eyes. Bringing up Adriano is not to imply at all that he was in the same league as Haaland. I remember the same sense of awe watching Adriano take Greece apart in the 2005(?) Confederations Cup.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:38 am
Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:18 am

Adriano was a beast, I think injuries and lack of discipline did him in, but what a lethal left foot.

Like I said earlier I watched with my jaw on the floor as he almost single handedly took Greece apart in the 2005 Confederations Cup.

Wha choo looking at?!
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

ohsee wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:05 pm My brothers, my understanding of footie is not top notch, in fact it is bottom notch. I also admit to NEVER seeing Adriano play. But I fail to understand why we are comparing Adriano to Haaland even at this early stage in Haaland's career. Statistically, Haaland is in very solid Pelesque goal-a-game territory, if not better. Adriano was never there. See Wiki for confirmation.

Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:39 pm
Oga in terms of bulk, power, surefootedness and penalty box instinct Adriano instantly comes to mind when I think of Haaland.

Big strikers(the ex-Yugoslav countries have given us quite a few: Boksic, Mandzukic, Mitrovic(spell check corrected it to Moronic :laugh:) etc) tend to be lumbering and have an air of clumsiness about them, so when we see a specimen with the sheer bulk, power, surefootedness and unreal penalty box instinct of Haaland, we desperately try to find something as similar as possible to the wonders unfolding in real time before our eyes. Bringing up Adriano is not to imply at all that he was in the same league as Haaland. I remember the same sense of awe watching Adriano take Greece apart in the 2005(?) Confederations Cup.
My guess is you are either too young or too disinterested to have seen Ronaldo Nazario of Brazil play. I’m also guessing that Haaland will cool off sooner or later❗️

Cheers.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:37 am

My guess is you are either too young or too disinterested to have seen Ronaldo Nazario of Brazil play. I’m also guessing that Haaland will cool off sooner or later❗️

Cheers.
You forgot to mention Romario as well. You often fail to read and take context into account. We are talking about giant strikers here :!:

Wha choo looking at?!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

In his prime, between 2000 and 2010, Adriano scored at a clip of more 1 goal every 2 appearances. Not sleazy at all. Let’s see where Haaland is 5 years from now before you reach a conclusion about his goal-scoring acumen❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:09 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:37 am

Cheers.
You forgot to mention Romario as well. You often fail to read and take context into account. We are talking about giant strikers here :!:
You want to manufacture a context to suit your narrative? The only context here is great goal scorers. Pele and Maradona, the main footballers he is being compared to were 5’8” and 5’5” respectively. If you insist on talking only about giant strikers then Ronaldo was 6 ft tall and burly. Obviously, that’s not giant enough for you🙂❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Hopefully Haaland does not score come tomorrow