England Will Win The World Cup

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
azuka
Egg
Egg
Re: England Will Win The World Cup

Post by azuka »

mate wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:09 pm
azuka wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:32 am
mate wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:40 pm
kajifu wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:30 pm
mate wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:55 pm England is showing a lot of weakness now, particularly in defense. They also still, classically, do not have a world class midfield orchestrator...yet again relying on being greater than the sum of the parts, which isn't easy for them.

Decade after decade since the 1970s, England still are behind top football nations in technique, football IQ, composure, and tactics. I think it would take a minor miracle for them to win. Recall last WC: they lost 3 games, having difficulty once they met quality opponents.

Can anybody name 1 great midfielder? Grealish, Foden, Mount, Rice, Henderson? Who's going to pull the strings?
Their coach is the problem,give this England job to a top manager they will do better
I don't think it is that. For me, there are some nuances with the coach. But I don't think any coach in the world can get that much from England than can Southgate, foreign or domestic.

Consider the last WC. England was outclassed technically by Belgium and Croatia. It come down to players. Who do England have like De Bruyne or Modric? Being a Croatia fan, I'll also bring in Kovacic and Brozovic.

English football training and culture seems to emphasize running, tactics, athleticism, and, maybe I'm wrong here, conformity to a degree that degrades individual ego, guile, and leadership. Never mind the highest technical quality. Even when in possession, England seems to run harder than a Spain, Germany, Belgium, Brazil, or Croatia.

I love this topic because I'd like to see a good English team. Like 1966 and 1970. I love rewatching that England vs Brazil 1970 match, featuring Pele, Tostao, Jairzinho, B Charlton, B Moore, and so. Oozing with class, to a degree I have NEVER seen England play to again.
England actually have a good crop of players coming through which Southgate seems tactically not to know what to do with them.
As for a good player in the midfield, there's this guy that plays for Borusia Dortmund, Jude Bellingham who under a tactically aware coach and playing alongside that guy that moved from Leeds to Man City, Kalvin Phillips can be the springboard of a great English team.
But definitely not under Southgate. Never seen a coach so tactically clueless.

Regardless of the NT, if these guys are that good, they will be stars on big clubs. Again, can English players be that: especially in midfield? Great midfielders like Xavi and Iniesta became stars on their clubs, being spotted, developed, and put into their respective NT roles.

Not selecting them would be a crime. Is there really a comparable English player? A superstar of such heights that can lead the team...only for Southgate to be totally missing it?
Some players only exist in a lifetime. n that category we have Xavi, Iniesta and co.
Nonetheless watch those 2 guys i mentioned. They have the potential to be great in their own rights.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

That Bellingham na player Sha.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

bamenda boy wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:50 pm You heard it here first.
We hear it every World Cup. As they say, a broken clock is right twice a day
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Molue Conductor wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:24 am
bamenda boy wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:50 pm You heard it here first.
We hear it every World Cup. As they say, a broken clock is right twice a day
This one is different o! The other times, it was the English saying it. Now other people are saying it. If anything, the English are playing down their chances.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

This silly post again. Silly posts like this seem to get life every wc. Let's see ya face after France thrashes them come Saturday.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

If it came down to a choice, I would have given my left arm for England to win it instead of Argggentina

Wha choo looking at?!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:46 pm If it came down to a choice, I would have given my left arm for England to win it instead of Argggentina
That’s a sacrilegious stuff you just wrote. Where are the ABEG members to sanction this man? :veryangry:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Cito wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:53 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:46 pm If it came down to a choice, I would have given my left arm for England to win it instead of Argggentina
That’s a sacrilegious stuff you just wrote. Where are the ABEG members to sanction this man? :veryangry:
Ingran over Argentina, anyday, anytime!

Wha choo looking at?!