England Will Win The World Cup

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
England Will Win The World Cup

Post by bamenda boy »

You heard it here first.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
joao
Egg
Egg
Re: England Will Win The World Cup

Post by joao »

Queen Elizabeth will first be resurrected for that to happen.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

bamenda boy wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:50 pm You heard it here first.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Tufiakwa. God forbid bad tin. :D :taunt:
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

ohsee wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:46 pm
Pa Ashi e go shock you. :taunt:
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Seconded
I am happy
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

England will win it soon but not in Qatar. It'll be too hot there.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

bamenda boy wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:23 am
ohsee wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:46 pm
Pa Ashi e go shock you. :taunt:
bamenda bum boy :biggrin: Hingran will win World Cup after Cameroon win it. :biggrin:
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

This will happen first before England win the WC in the next 8 years

Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

England-Ghana finals

Ghana 3-1 England
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

the women have a good chance next year however the mens world cup is up next.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

England is showing a lot of weakness now, particularly in defense. They also still, classically, do not have a world class midfield orchestrator...yet again relying on being greater than the sum of the parts, which isn't easy for them.

Decade after decade since the 1970s, England still are behind top football nations in technique, football IQ, composure, and tactics. I think it would take a minor miracle for them to win. Recall last WC: they lost 3 games, having difficulty once they met quality opponents.

Can anybody name 1 great midfielder? Grealish, Foden, Mount, Rice, Henderson? Who's going to pull the strings?
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Win world cup with Harry Maguire? You got jokes.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

mate wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:55 pm England is showing a lot of weakness now, particularly in defense. They also still, classically, do not have a world class midfield orchestrator...yet again relying on being greater than the sum of the parts, which isn't easy for them.

Decade after decade since the 1970s, England still are behind top football nations in technique, football IQ, composure, and tactics. I think it would take a minor miracle for them to win. Recall last WC: they lost 3 games, having difficulty once they met quality opponents.

Can anybody name 1 great midfielder? Grealish, Foden, Mount, Rice, Henderson? Who's going to pull the strings?
Their coach is the problem,give this England job to a top manager they will do better
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

kajifu wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:30 pm
mate wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:55 pm England is showing a lot of weakness now, particularly in defense. They also still, classically, do not have a world class midfield orchestrator...yet again relying on being greater than the sum of the parts, which isn't easy for them.

Their coach is the problem,give this England job to a top manager they will do better

I don't think it is that. For me, there are some nuances with the coach. But I don't think any coach in the world can get that much from England than can Southgate, foreign or domestic.

Consider the last WC. England was outclassed technically by Belgium and Croatia. It come down to players. Who do England have like De Bruyne or Modric? Being a Croatia fan, I'll also bring in Kovacic and Brozovic.

English football training and culture seems to emphasize running, tactics, athleticism, and, maybe I'm wrong here, conformity to a degree that degrades individual ego, guile, and leadership. Never mind the highest technical quality. Even when in possession, England seems to run harder than a Spain, Germany, Belgium, Brazil, or Croatia.

I love this topic because I'd like to see a good English team. Like 1966 and 1970. I love rewatching that England vs Brazil 1970 match, featuring Pele, Tostao, Jairzinho, B Charlton, B Moore, and so. Oozing with class, to a degree I have NEVER seen England play to again.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Finish and nothing more to add chief :clap: :clap:

England always come out flying but once the other team settled down you see England retreat. It's because they don't have an orchestrator to run the show front the middle
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

mate wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:40 pm It come down to players. Who do England have like De Bruyne or Modric? Being a Croatia fan, I'll also bring in Kovacic and Brozovic.

English football training and culture seems to emphasize running, tactics, athleticism, and, maybe I'm wrong here, conformity to a degree that degrades individual ego, guile, and leadership. Never mind the highest technical quality. Even when in possession, England seems to run harder than a Spain, Germany, Belgium, Brazil, or Croatia.
Great observation and discernment mate. :clap: :agree: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I've opinionated on similar points herein, but many think I'm simply prejudiced about English/British football.
Premiership might be the best league in the football world due to its competitiveness but the better teams,
without doubt, have a lot of foreign influence in terms of players and coaches.
It's quite unfortunate that Nigerian domestic football, via coaching, have a lot of English influence. What with
a continuing display of those English attributes in the local league and players? Emphasis on athleticism, crowding the ball, long passes, and hopeful shooting from distance. Just to name a few shortcomings.

Again, your observations and dissection of English football is 'spot on'. Thanks.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^and yet, one would wager, the team that wins the jackpot will have covered more ground than any other (average mileage).

The English curriculum ordains substance over style. Athleticism holds hegemony, ‘tis their pursuit of all else that has brought their ascension to plateau and plummet.

Last 4 of the World Cup, runners up in the European Championship’s, not bad return on 4 or so years. Can they win the WC, not without considerable fortune and much luck, but can they definitely not? absolutely not. They’re in with a chance but must concede their limitations and extrapolate on their strengths.

The Nation’s League brought opportunity for experimentation which was overlooked, leaving Southgate with little else to do but stick with what he knows and hope for tournament-performance consistency.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

YemiBrazil wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:04 pm Win world cup with Harry Maguire? You got jokes.
:biggrin:
Poor Harry Magwongworo. :lol: From most expensive defender in the world to laughing stock. Football wicked oh. :biggrin:
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

mate wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:40 pm

I don't think it is that. For me, there are some nuances with the coach. But I don't think any coach in the world can get that much from England than can Southgate, foreign or domestic.

Consider the last WC. England was outclassed technically by Belgium and Croatia. It come down to players. Who do England have like De Bruyne or Modric? Being a Croatia fan, I'll also bring in Kovacic and Brozovic.

I love this topic because I'd like to see a good English team. Like 1966 and 1970. I love rewatching that England vs Brazil 1970 match, featuring Pele, Tostao, Jairzinho, B Charlton, B Moore, and so. Oozing with class, to a degree I have NEVER seen England play to again.
England actually have a good crop of players coming through which Southgate seems tactically not to know what to do with them.
As for a good player in the midfield, there's this guy that plays for Borusia Dortmund, Jude Bellingham who under a tactically aware coach and playing alongside that guy that moved from Leeds to Man City, Kalvin Phillips can be the springboard of a great English team.
But definitely not under Southgate. Never seen a coach so tactically clueless.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Posting Under the influence
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

azuka wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:32 am

England actually have a good crop of players coming through which Southgate seems tactically not to know what to do with them.
As for a good player in the midfield, there's this guy that plays for Borusia Dortmund, Jude Bellingham who under a tactically aware coach and playing alongside that guy that moved from Leeds to Man City, Kalvin Phillips can be the springboard of a great English team.
Agreed!
Our greatest generation of talent but wasted at the hands of a PE teacher wearing a waist coat
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

azuka wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:32 am

Regardless of the NT, if these guys are that good, they will be stars on big clubs. Again, can English players be that: especially in midfield? Great midfielders like Xavi and Iniesta became stars on their clubs, being spotted, developed, and put into their respective NT roles.

Not selecting them would be a crime. Is there really a comparable English player? A superstar of such heights that can lead the team...only for Southgate to be totally missing it?