Pogba and Kante out of World Cup

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Pogba and Kante out of World Cup

Post by Comrade Machel »

:sad: :cry: :cry:

The world cup just became less exciting for me as I hoped France would retain it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.giveme ... -pogba/amp

France go into the World Cup with some potential notable absentees but looking at their squad depth, there is no doubt they remain in with a great shout of retaining their crown in Qatar.

The most notable confirmed absentee is arguably their most important player of the last decade in N’Golo Kanté, whose been ruled out with a hamstring problem, the latest in a lengthy line of injury issues for the defensive midfielder.

His midfielder partner for the last six years, Paul Pogba, could join him on the shelf having not played this season for Juventus after knee surgery. Reports have suggested he’s suffered a setback in his recovery too, and time is running out
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pogba and Kante out of World Cup

Post by Coach »

France can compensate for the loss whilst not fully replacing the absence, They have more pressing problems than the men more conscription, Didier seems somewhat lost in terms of the way forward. By all measures, they were appalling during the Nations League, glorified friendlies maybe, how many other dress rehearsals are there before the big dance?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Pfft! Mbappe will get the champagne flowing and the beignets crunching come December

Wha choo looking at?!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Kante has played a lot bruising matches over the years, his injury is kind of fore told.
For Pogba, he carried his injury from United to his new club and it persisted.
No worries, they will find replacements for them.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Comrade Machel wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:26 am :sad: :cry: :cry:

The world cup just became less exciting for me as I hoped France would retain it

France go into the World Cup with some potential notable absentees but looking at their squad depth, there is no doubt they remain in with a great shout of retaining their crown in Qatar.

The most notable confirmed absentee is arguably their most important player of the last decade in N’Golo Kanté, whose been ruled out with a hamstring problem, the latest in a lengthy line of injury issues for the defensive midfielder.

His midfielder partner for the last six years, Paul Pogba, could join him on the shelf having not played this season for Juventus after knee surgery. Reports have suggested he’s suffered a setback in his recovery too, and time is running out
What France has done is criminal. Look at the instability in Bangui, Kinshasa, Libreville, Abidjan, Timbuktu and the mess they have left behind to force Africans to emigrate.. then dash into Marseille ghettos and grab our brothers to form a team.
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:31 pm
Comrade Machel wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:26 am :sad: :cry: :cry:

What France has done is criminal. Look at the instability in Bangui, Kinshasa, Libreville, Abidjan, Timbuktu and the mess they have left behind to force Africans to emigrate.. then dash into Marseille ghettos and grab our brothers to form a team.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Field Marshal Ogolo Kante, I knew you would say something crazy. :lol:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:35 pm Pfft! Mbappe will get the champagne flowing and the beignets crunching come December
Oga Skip, to do that, they will have to get rid of Deschamps, bring on Zizou, and pump N'golo full of steroids so he can play. I have decided I will not watch World Cup again because France will be knocked out in the first round. :mad:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Germany forward Timo Werner to miss World Cup with ankle injury
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohsee wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:27 am
Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:35 pm Pfft! Mbappe will get the champagne flowing and the beignets crunching come December
Oga Skip, to do that, they will have to get rid of Deschamps, bring on Zizou, and pump N'golo full of steroids so he can play. I have decided I will not watch World Cup again because France will be knocked out in the first round. :mad:
Oga I deserve to forego my beer and shicken for today for forgetting to mention Benzeeeeemaaaa!!!! Karim .... Benzeeemaaaaa! What a player! What a player! It's a shame they don't give out two Ballon d'or at the same time. He deserves it, and then more.

Kante is a big loss for sure but Pogba? Frankly Pogba has been turning into somewhat of a passenger for France these days. I blame him for France losing to the Swiss in the last Euros. Too inconsistent and doesn't put in enough of a shift in defense, which is the bedrock of France's game. Concede possession, defend, recover the ball with the hard grafters and then counter with lightening speed via Mbappe/Benzema. Now we have Camavinga and Tchouameni to cover space and plug the gaps in the middle, and then we have a very recently discovered high quality defender named Saliba, who of course plies his trade with Arsenal :thumbs:

Mba. France will slice through that 1st round group like Brie :mrgreen: cheese. After that there are no guarantees, especially as there is every possibility that Argentina :scared: could come second to Mexico in Group C. Yes, France vs Argentina Round 2. Argentina are looking very scary at the moment. No guarantees in this one.

Wha choo looking at?!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

mcal wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:17 pm ...Kante has played a lot bruising matches over the years, his injury is kind of fore told.
Pogba refused to have surgery during the off season. It’s weird how Kante and Ndidi were dependable and the best in their position, but these days they are often unavailable due to injuries.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

packerland wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:46 am
mcal wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:17 pm ...Kante has played a lot bruising matches over the years, his injury is kind of fore told.
Pogba refused to have surgery during the off season. It’s weird how Kante and Ndidi were dependable and the best in their position, but these days they are often unavailable due to injuries.
Don't mention those two in the same breath
While Kante was the real deal, Ndidi was hyped by Nigerians
..and that's the reason he has been stuck at Leicester
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

France has outrageous strength in depth. Tchouameni, Rabiot, or Camavinga can replace Kante, and Lemar or Diaby can replace Pogba.

Then they have the “problem” of picking a front 3 from Benzema, Coman, Griezmann, Nkunku, Giroud, Dembele, Ben Yedder, Kolo Muani, and Martial.

Not to mention that Kounde, Upamecano, or Konate can come in for the also injured Varane.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:25 pm
Oga I deserve to forego my beer and shicken for today for forgetting to mention Benzeeeeemaaaa!!!! Karim .... Benzeeemaaaaa! What a player! What a player! It's a shame they don't give out two Ballon d'or at the same time. He deserves it, and then more.

Kante is a big loss for sure but Pogba? Frankly Pogba has been turning into somewhat of a passenger for France these days. I blame him for France losing to the Swiss in the last Euros. Too inconsistent and doesn't put in enough of a shift in defense, which is the bedrock of France's game. Concede possession, defend, recover the ball with the hard grafters and then counter with lightening speed via Mbappe/Benzema. Now we have Camavinga and Tchouameni to cover space and plug the gaps in the middle, and then we have a very recently discovered high quality defender named Saliba, who of course plies his trade with Arsenal :thumbs:

Mba. France will slice through that 1st round group like Brie :mrgreen: cheese. After that there are no guarantees, especially as there is every possibility that Argentina :scared: could come second to Mexico in Group C. Yes, France vs Argentina Round 2. Argentina are looking very scary at the moment. No guarantees in this one.
Shief m, Benz plus Mbapps looks very, very, frightening to any defence in any galaxy. On papier. We saw what happened in the Euros. As for Salibaaaaaaaaa! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: I will bet my small hut in Toronto that Dullard Dodo brain Deschamps will not play him oh. :mad: :veryangry: He was complaining not so long ago that Saliba is too young and inexperience :veryangry: . I want Africa United, oddawise known as France, to win again, but I am sorry to say that Deschamps is very much against it. He does not want these Africans to win again. :mad: :mad: :mad:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

wiseone wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:33 am France has outrageous strength in depth. Tchouameni, Rabiot, or Camavinga can replace Kante, and Lemar or Diaby can replace Pogba.

Then they have the “problem” of picking a front 3 from Benzema, Coman, Griezmann, Nkunku, Giroud, Dembele, Ben Yedder, Kolo Muani, and Martial.

Not to mention that Kounde, Upamecano, or Konate can come in for the also injured Varane.
Kai! Nna, France is the Brazil of Europe jare. :thumbs: They just churn out mad talent left and right. Though I am not impressed with the likes of Giroud, Griezmann and Dembele. Konate is totally solid. At one time, I thought Uppermechanic :D was better, but I have since changed my mind. Too bad France has a lousy coach. What are they waiting for appointing Zizou? He would have won the World Cup like yesterday, and all this stuff would have been mere formality. :biggrin:
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

ohsee wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:17 am
wiseone wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:33 am France has outrageous strength in depth. Tchouameni, Rabiot, or Camavinga can replace Kante, and Lemar or Diaby can replace Pogba.

Kai! Nna, France is the Brazil of Europe jare. :thumbs: They just churn out mad talent left and right. Though I am not impressed with the likes of Giroud, Griezmann and Dembele. Konate is totally solid. At one time, I thought Uppermechanic :D was better, but I have since changed my mind. Too bad France has a lousy coach. What are they waiting for appointing Zizou? He would have won the World Cup like yesterday, and all this stuff would have been mere formality. :biggrin:

I agree. Deschamps is a liability to this otherwise great team :curse: He isn't any much better than the previous fool Dominic something they had before

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I am not sure if Ohsee and Comrade Machel are being stupendously sarcastic by calling Didi Deschamps “a lousy coach” and stating that “Deschamps is a liability”…”Zizou would have won the World Cup like yesterday”.

Lest we forget: France 🇫🇷 won the last World Cup and their winning manager was a fella called Deschamps.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

wiseone wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:01 pm I am not sure if Ohsee and Comrade Machel are being stupendously sarcastic by calling Didi Deschamps “a lousy coach” and stating that “Deschamps is a liability”…”Zizou would have won the World Cup like yesterday”.

Lest we forget: France 🇫🇷 won the last World Cup and their winning manager was a fella called Deschamps.
A broken clock and all that ....

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Comrade Machel - every football coach in the world would like to be the broken clock that is right only once every 4 years at the World Cup…
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

3 games and done for those Frog eaters.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Hm! I no know o! Deschamps, who for some strange reason looks much older than he is, has taken Les Bleus to two finals in the last 3 big tournaments they have been involved in. The man knows how to win.

Wha choo looking at?!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:11 pm
Hm! I no know o! Deschamps, who for some strange reason looks much older than he is, has taken Les Bleus to two finals in the last 3 big tournaments they have been involved in. The man knows how to win.
Das true. My spies tell me he is using Oyibo Otumokpo, i.e., he has sold his soul to the Devil for victories. Das why he looks so old. :biggrin:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

This thread is a microcosm of why Nigerian fans and the Nigerian environment do not have the patience to let a coach succeed. People are calling a coach who manages the world champions 🏆 and who got his team to 2 finals in the last 3 tournaments they played "a lousy coach" and "a liability".

It is this kind of mentality that leads Nigerians to sack a coach after he qualifies the team for the World Cup and finishes third in a tournament involving 54 countries.

Joachim Low managed Germany for 8 years before he won the World Cup. 🏆 Can you imagine Nigerians letting a coach be for 8 years without winning a trophy?!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

wiseone wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:42 am This thread is a microcosm of why Nigerian fans and the Nigerian environment do not have the patience to let a coach succeed. People are calling a coach who manages the world champions 🏆 and who got his team to 2 finals in the last 3 tournaments they played "a lousy coach" and "a liability".

It is this kind of mentality that leads Nigerians to sack a coach after he qualifies the team for the World Cup and finishes third in a tournament involving 54 countries.

Joachim Low managed Germany for 8 years before he won the World Cup. 🏆 Can you imagine Nigerians letting a coach be for 8 years without winning a trophy?!
wiseone, I am does not kia. :D :taunt: Even me can win World Cup with players like Mbappe and N'golo the Great. :biggrin: