World Cup 2022: Awarding Qatar the tournament was a mistake, says former Fifa president Sepp Blatter

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
World Cup 2022: Awarding Qatar the tournament was a mistake, says former Fifa president Sepp Blatter

Post by Bigpokey24 »

hmmmmmm

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63554507

Former Fifa president Sepp Blatter says the decision to award the 2022 World Cup to Qatar was a "mistake".

Blatter, 86, was president of world football's governing body when Qatar was awarded the tournament in 2010.

The Gulf state has been criticised for its stance on same-sex relationships, human rights record and treatment of migrant workers.

Blatter said he was "right" to have said at the time that the tournament "should not go" to Qatar for 2022.

The Swiss was speaking on upcoming BBC Radio 5 Live podcast series Power Play - The House of Sepp Blatter about the decision to award Qatar the World Cup.

In an interview with Swiss newspaper Tages Anzeiger, Blatter added Qatar is "too small of a country" to host the tournament and that "football and the World Cup are too big for it".

The Qatar World Cup, the first to be hosted in the Middle East in the tournament's 92-year-history and the first during the Northern Hemisphere winter, takes place from 20 November to 18 December.

Fifa's executive committee voted 14-8 for Qatar to host the tournament ahead of the United States 12 years ago, at the same time Russia was awarded the 2018 event.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: World Cup 2022: Awarding Qatar the tournament was a mistake, says former Fifa president Sepp Blatter

Post by 100%Naija »

Why are you opening threads aharahara..Pokie go and face Chelsea my fren.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: World Cup 2022: Awarding Qatar the tournament was a mistake, says former Fifa president Sepp Blatter

Post by Bigpokey24 »

100%Naija wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:28 pm Why are you opening threads aharahara..Pokie go and face Chelsea my fren.
have you voted?
SuperEagles

100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:34 pm
100%Naija wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:28 pm Why are you opening threads aharahara..Pokie go and face Chelsea my fren.
have you voted?
Will exercise my rights as an American to decide on our next s'elected polithieves in about 55 minutes :D :D :D
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

The old crook should keep his mouth shut unless it is to tell us who got paid off

Wha choo looking at?!
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

This is the World Cup I've been least excited about since my first one in 1986 :roll:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Corruption and FIFA has gone hand in hand since 1930

What is fascinating is that the West now act as if they are not complicit

I will refer you back to a recent WC bid in 2006 that was riddled in corruption

I refuse to believe that any world cup corruption had not involved FIFA and the host country

I agree with Infantino, the Hypocrisy has stench, this is in recognition that the organization he heads is rotten

Having said all this, Qatar is really messed up, the Labor situation is very serious and is a massive turn off for me
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

The World Cup will only go to western countries from now on.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Mr. Piffington wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:37 am The World Cup will only go to western countries from now on.
When South Africa hosted the WC... There was noise.

When Brazil hosted the WC, there was noise.

When Russia hosted the WC, there was noise.

When China hosted the Olympics, noise as well.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Olayemi14
Egg
Egg

Post by Olayemi14 »

I doubt it. Russia and Qatar were the last hosts selected by the 20+ FIFA Executive members. It is now selected by all the member FAs. I believe if they vote tomorrow, Qatar will still win especially if a UEFA or Commebol country bids for the rights to host. They will sports wash their way through majority of the voting FAs.

In addition, would UEFA have complained if Australia were selected ahead of Russia? Are they going to be bidding for a winter WC if they bid again?

Mr. Piffington wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:37 am The World Cup will only go to western countries from now on.
Active member of the JOM & JM Fan Clubs. Baba Eleran of Chelsea FC.