How da hayell did Ivan Toney not make the England squad?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
How da hayell did Ivan Toney not make the England squad?

Post by Scipio Africanus »

England is run by a ship of foooooooolllls!!! If France had behaved like England all those years they would not have won a single World Cup. :boo:

Wha choo looking at?!
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: How da hayell did Ivan Toney not make the England squad?

Post by 100%Naija »

..because Southgate is a piece of sheet, obviously.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:37 pm England is run by a ship of foooooooolllls!!! If France had behaved like England all those years they would not have won a single World Cup. :boo:
His exclusion was very puzzling to me as well as Tammy Abraham's. Toney has been in tip-top form all this season and is one of the hottest scorers currently in the EPL. Additionally, I am not sure if Toney has even missed a PK before. He would have been a big-time boost to the 3 Lions' WC squad. Southgate erred massively by overlooking him.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

100%Naija wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:24 pm ..because Southgate is a piece of sheet, obviously.
He might be but Toney hasn’t been in the squad for long. Managers tends to go with players they are familiar with. Why the hell u think Maguire is still in the team? They guy is like Iheanacho. He doesn’t even get play in FA cup/Carabao cup.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I will put a curse against them at this world cup unless Saka beg me
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

gosh wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:00 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:37 pm England is run by a ship of foooooooolllls!!! If France had behaved like England all those years they would not have won a single World Cup. :boo:
His exclusion was very puzzling to me as well as Tammy Abraham's. Toney has been in tip-top form all this season and is one of the hottest scorers currently in the EPL. Additionally, I am not sure if Toney has even missed a PK before. He would have been a big-time boost to the 3 Lions' WC squad. Southgate erred massively by overlooking him.
So you'd have taken Toney and Abraham. Cool. I presume you'd have dropped Wilson and Kane?

This forum has completely collapsed into nonsensical drivel. Y'all think this is play station. DO you know how to build a squad? Do you think you can just take 50 players to the world cup if you want? And dont mention Sterling and Grealish or any midfielder. Abraham and Toney are Center Forwards, so which CF would you drop? :oops: :roll:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

packerland wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:03 pm
100%Naija wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:24 pm ..because Southgate is a piece of sheet, obviously.
He might be but Toney hasn’t been in the squad for long. Managers tends to go with players they are familiar with. Why the hell u think Maguire is still in the team? They guy is like Iheanacho. He doesn’t even get play in FA cup/Carabao cup.
There is absolutely zero justification for the inclusion of Maguire...but English coaches will do what they always do...

Having watched Toney this season, i think he brings more to the table than even Wilson (Danfo - yes i prefer Toney's physicality and overall aerial presence to Wilsons). I get the argument of going with players that that have been in the trenches and earned their keep so to speak but take a chance...thats why i love the German national team. They are not afraid to introduce fresh young blood into the midst.
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

I still hope England gets KTFO in the first round though. ABE member reporting for duty, per usual
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:47 pm
gosh wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:00 pm
So you'd have taken Toney and Abraham. Cool. I presume you'd have dropped Wilson and Kane?

This forum has completely collapsed into nonsensical drivel. Y'all think this is play station. DO you know how to build a squad? Do you think you can just take 50 players to the world cup if you want? And dont mention Sterling and Grealish or any midfielder. Abraham and Toney are Center Forwards, so which CF would you drop? :oops: :roll:
Dude -
GTF off your stupid high horse. Expressing my opinion that Toney and Abraham's exclusion was puzzling to me doesn't mean I am somehow suggesting England should take 50 players to the WC or I think this is Play Station.
My emphasis was more on Toney than Abraham, and yes, I would choose him over Wilson. But what does that mean? It's just an opinion, so let me throw your question back at you. Do you also know how to build a freaking squad? If yes, tell me which successful national squad you have built. Good grief!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

100%Naija wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:31 pm
There is absolutely zero justification for the inclusion of Maguire...but English coaches will do what they always do...

Having watched Toney this season, i think he brings more to the table than even Wilson (Danfo - yes i prefer Toney's physicality and overall aerial presence to Wilsons). I get the argument of going with players that that have been in the trenches and earned their keep so to speak but take a chance...thats why i love the German national team. They are not afraid to introduce fresh young blood into the midst.
Thats fine. But the guy who gets paid millions, and who is in charge, prefers Wilson to Toney; and thats all that matters.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:28 pm

Thats fine. But the guy who gets paid millions, and who is in charge, prefers Wilson to Toney; and thats all that matters.
You are a proper troublemaker. See as you rile up Gosh? I know for a fact you dont rate Southgate as a coach too. Troublemaker in chief. :rotf:
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

100%Naija wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:44 pm

You are a proper troublemaker. See as you rile up Gosh? I know for a fact you dont rate Southgate as a coach too. Troublemaker in chief. :rotf:
LoL 100%Naija, you be proper comedian for hia ! I took the bait, didn't I ? :D :D :D
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

LoL 100%Naija, you be proper comedian for hia ! I took the bait, didn't I ? :D :D :D
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

gosh wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:06 pm

Big time..just laugh and keep it going my broda. They are yet to invent the medication that can control Danfo's crase. :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :taunt:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Three reasons:

1) His full name is Ivan Benjamin Elijah Toney (initials: "I BET");

2) The FA charged him with 232 counts of illegal betting on football matches; and

3) Having a player representing the same FA that is about to punish and ban him for breaking its betting rules may be a tad awkward.

Number 1 above is the most hilarious thing to me. 😅
Last edited by wiseone on Wed May 17, 2023 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

As I was saying...

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wiseone wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:59 pm As I was saying...

Well damn…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Good for him. Reggae Boyz here he comes.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

England defender Kieran Trippier was banned for 10 weeks by the FA in December 2020 for giving out information for others to bet on his transfer from Tottenham to Atletico Madrid.

In 2017, Joey Barton - then a Burnley player - was banned for 18 months, reduced to 13 on appeal, after admitting placing 1,260 football-related bets over a 10-year period.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Coach, "I BET" cannot play for Jamaica either as I presume this ban will include international football?

Brentford must be absolutely furious with him. Can you imagine your star player getting suspended for 8 months, and you still have to pay him even though he is not working. He is probably the highest paid player at the club and will be earning a salary for sitting at home.

Brentford may even need to buy another striker to cover his absence.
Coach wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:05 pm Good for him. Reggae Boyz here he comes.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »