LIVE: Full Cristiano Ronaldo interview Part 1 | 16-Nov-22

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
LIVE: Full Cristiano Ronaldo interview Part 1 | 16-Nov-22

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: LIVE: Full Cristiano Ronaldo interview Part 1 | 16-Nov-22

Post by benteke »

The interview was actually less dramatic and an anti climax compared to all those tweets being shared around all week.

And Piers Morgan didn't do a good job, most of the time he was feeding Ronaldo with words and driving him on to say some things.

But anyway now i doubt any serious club will want Ronaldo, let alone any manager, i doubt many would be prepared to deal with him.

Maybe more drama on the way as United may decide to tear up his contract
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

If they terminate his contract now, do they have to pay the remainder of the salary.

How do these things work if you may help.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

It depends on if Man Utd terminate Ronaldo’s contract because of:

1) Cause (AKA Ronaldo’s serious breach of contract) - in which case the club can dismiss him w/o paying the remainder of his salary; or

2) No reason - in which case the scenario would be inverted and Ronaldo could then sue Man Utd for unfair dismissal; or

3) “Mutual termination” - the parties agree to part ways, keep their mouths 🤐 and negotiate x percent of Ronaldo’s salary that Man Utd will pay him.

I think scenario 3 is most likely (even though Ronaldo’s comments about ETH and the Glazers probably breach the non-disparagement clauses that most Premier League players have in their contracts). In most lines of employment, doing a TV interview criticising your employers is generally not considered wise.

benteke wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:00 pm If they terminate his contract now, do they have to pay the remainder of the salary.

How do these things work if you may help.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

As I predicted in the post above: option 3.

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

wiseone wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:17 pm As I predicted in the post above: option 3.

...wonder why it was not option 1, criticizing your employer?
Means the guy has a very good lawyer who urged him to do the interview, now everything seems to unraveling at United, with his exit, and the owners wanting to sell.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Cost-benefit analysis. Option 1 carried the risk that Ronaldo would counter-sue and the two parties would be embroiled in a court case for several years. Ronaldo is that rarest of human beings: someone rich enough to take on a multi-billion pound company in court and not be bankrupted in the process. Even if Man Utd wins the court case, it will come at a PR cost with the weekly media circus and ETH and the players being asked about it every week for the next few years during press conferences. It would destabilise the squad’s attention.

There are already serious pending court cases against current (Greenwood) and former (Giggs) Man Utd players, and the club does not need a third one with the most famous athlete in the world. It is a football club, not LA Law.
mcal wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:50 am ...wonder why it was not option 1, criticizing your employer?
Means the guy has a very good lawyer who urged him to do the interview, now everything seems to unraveling at United, with his exit, and the owners wanting to sell.