Seems Juventus May Be Relegated Again

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: Seems Juventus May Be Relegated Again

Post by packerland »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:59 pm
packerland wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:37 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:27 pm
packerland wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:33 pm I knew something was fishy about Juventus. A club that used to sign world class players outright all of a sudden resulted in signing players with other teams who are at the end of their contract. On top of that those players were signed to huge wages that are questionable at best. They should be relegated for having Aaron Ramsey on a 350-450k a week wage. That was so dumb.
While I do not have the full facts, Ramsey was on a free, and free players get sign-on bonuses -- some, into the millions. And for some clubs, rather than pay the bonuses as a lump sum, they blend it into the weekly paycheck. Although I do not have any evidence, as I do not work for Juve, but it wont surprise me if thats their usual structure. The likes of Ronaldo and Pogba had/have significant wages and no sign-on was announced.
Ramsey, Ronaldo, Rabiot and most recently Pogba from the top of my head were on significant wages at Juventus even though Juventus signed them from free. What we don't know if Juventus did or didn't pay them signing bonuses since they were cooking up their books.
Bro, there is no player in this world with a functioning brain who will move on a free without sign-on bonus. Thats the reason players run their transfers down. For instance, if Rashford runs his contract down next year (United triggered the one year already), and he re-signs for United, in June 2024, United will pay him a sign-on bonus!
You are right but at some point common sense has to prevail. Even if you add the signing bonus to the wage, paying an average player like Ramsey 400k plus is ridiculous in my opinion.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Juventus does its abracadabra again.

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Wow! A once prestigious football club is going downhill fast.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .