Erling Haaland

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Erling Haaland

Post by Comrade Machel »

ohsee wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:57 am
Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:01 pm
ohsee wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:58 pm
Coach wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:51 pm
worldfootball wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:08 pm Haaland will be even better than Messi and Ronaldo.
The latter, possibly, depending on the definition of better. The former, not humanly possible.
:biggrin:
Of course he will beat Messi the fake arse goat with no balls, who won a fake world cup at 50 against a depleted French team suffering from flu. :lol: Useless lucky asterisk goat. :D :taunt:
With 5 awarded penalties. Possibly a record number of PKs awarded to any team at a WC. I am still angry Argentina won that WC. Kai!!!
Nna, the thing still dey pain me too. When Randal Kolo Muani failed to bury that one-on-one with the Argie goalkeeper in the dying seconds of extra time, my son said France have lost. He did not think they would win the penarity shoot-out, and he was right. :mad:
I will never forgive that angel*. :curse: Him and that waste pipe Dembele :boo: If France had their full complement of players no way Argentina wins that cup of they play 10 matches even

I'm still very angry. Nonsense
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

kalani JR wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:44 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:31 pm he does it again! walking this weak league. Have they ever had another player dominate them like this? was Jaime right? is the the first genuine superstar they have had?
They literally had Ronaldo when he won his first WPOY. Also I think Beckham has to count.
Jaime was talking about imports. Beckham and Ronaldo became superstars from within the EPL.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

camex wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:51 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:31 pm he does it again! walking this weak league. Have they ever had another player dominate them like this? was Jaime right? is the the first genuine superstar they have had?
They literally had Ronaldo when he won his first WPOY. Also I think Beckham has to count.
Jaime was talking about imports. Beckham and Ronaldo became superstars from within the EPL.
Klinsmann? Ballack? Shevchenko? What are we measuring this by?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

But do you think an EPL legend like Jaime, whose family is the bedrock of the league, will be able to tell the difference between a superstar and a GENUINE superstar?
kalani JR wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:38 pm
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:43 pm @Mazi, much like Ronaldo of old and the Maradona and Pele to much older, Messi is the extraterrestrial of this era. From a purely footballing perspective, he stands alone in his era, always has.
OK. But they dashed him a World Cup. :biggrin:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

camex wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:59 am
ohsee wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:40 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:21 am
ohsee wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:57 am
Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:01 pm
ohsee wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:58 pm
Coach wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:51 pm
The latter, possibly, depending on the definition of better. The former, not humanly possible.
:biggrin:
Of course he will beat Messi the fake arse goat with no balls, who won a fake world cup at 50 against a depleted French team suffering from flu. :lol: Useless lucky asterisk goat. :D :taunt:
With 5 awarded penalties. Possibly a record number of PKs awarded to any team at a WC. I am still angry Argentina won that WC. Kai!!!
Nna, the thing still dey pain me too. When Randal Kolo Muani failed to bury that one-on-one with the Argie goalkeeper in the dying seconds of extra time, my son said France have lost. He did not think they would win the penarity shoot-out, and he was right. :mad:
I was airborne :mrgreen: and the scream of goal don comot my mouth already when Kolo Muani fired that shot. Chei! If only he had chipped the ball, or taken an extra touch, or ...

Also if only Griezmann and Giroud had been on the field to take PKs. Have never seen either of them miss a PK. Anyway my (slight) consolation is that Argentina really suffered to win that final game. A game they should have comfortably wrapped up in 90 minutes given their 2-0 lead. Whenever I feel like a laugh I watch the video of Di Maria panic-crying on the Argie bench when France equalized. :laugh:
Oga m, the world of football and the football gods conspired to dash Messi a World Cup. I guess everybody felt sorry for him. :biggrin:
I like many football afficionados felt that Messi deserved a world cup. But if Deschamps had not sent Benzema packing, he could have help France. So in the end, it was just that Messi won a world cup.
Chief, when did Deschamps send Benzema packing? Benzema was injured before the World Cup, and I don't think he recovered in time to fully take part. More important than Benz was the terrific midfield duo of Ngolo the Great and Pogba. :thumbs: If those two were present and in form, France would have hammered the Argies. Paul Pogba may not play well for his clubside, but he has been incredible for France. Let us not forget that both starting fullbacks were also injured. As was starting centerback Presnel Kimpembe. Think about it. With half the team down, and the rest suffering from flu, it is a miracle and a testament to France's great strength in depth that they made it to the final in style and almost beat useless Messi and Argentina. Lousy arse Argies struggling to beat a severely depleted France, and needing penarities to do it. Msssssssscheeewwww. :mad:
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:26 pm But do you think an EPL legend like Jaime, whose family is the bedrock of the league, will be able to tell the difference between a superstar and a GENUINE superstar?
What does genuine superstar even mean? Like what metrics are we using for Haaland that others haven't met before? And no I usually disregard what Redknapp has to say especially when 80% of his time is used propping up the reputation of perhaps the worst coach in the history of the league.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

So you dont think Jaime, a true legend of their league, can tell the difference between a superstar and a GENUINE superstar in his own league? The league his family built?
kalani JR wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:26 am
danfo driver wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:26 pm But do you think an EPL legend like Jaime, whose family is the bedrock of the league, will be able to tell the difference between a superstar and a GENUINE superstar?
What does genuine superstar even mean? Like what metrics are we using for Haaland that others haven't met before? And no I usually disregard what Redknapp has to say especially when 80% of his time is used propping up the reputation of perhaps the worst coach in the history of the league.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Phew. Thank god o

Destroyer of small teams

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

60 goals indeed. Tiktoking too much.
Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg

Post by Thelastoneleft »

Comrade Machel wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:11 am :thumbs: :thumbs:

Phew. Thank god o

Destroyer of small teams
Certified DOST
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Thelastoneleft wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:46 am
Comrade Machel wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:11 am :thumbs: :thumbs:

Phew. Thank god o

Destroyer of small teams
Certified DOST
On big occasions he fails to deliver

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Easy peasy Champions Leaguey.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Easy Peasy!

This league is so weak, this kid will probably score 60 and get tired. Only league he has ever won highest goal scorer in his entire career and he has played in 4 leagues! :oops:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Even the players know that he owns this weak league. They say 45? I say 60! :D :thumbs:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

“City supply”. Playing for the best team in Europe, possibly world club champions in a few months time, the thought of anything less than 40 this season is mediocrity. Two words Erling Alfieson, Dixie Dean.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm “City supply”. Playing for the best team in Europe, possibly world club champions in a few months time, the thought of anything less than 40 this season is mediocrity. Two words Erling Alfieson, Dixie Dean.
Yen yen Yen... waterloo waterloo waterloo... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Weak league. A guy who has never been top scorer in his life, even though he played in the best team in Austria, he couldnt be top scorer. He came yo EPL and destroyed the league, second season, scored 2 goals with ease! And look at other EPL strikers, panicking, begging for silver boot :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Kaii! Dude goes to CL, struggles... even struggling right now in the SuperCup, but once he gets to EPL, he sleeps walk the league as if no one is there. Weak League! :oops: :oops:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Erling invoking his inner Wout Wieghorst. More misses than King Solomon.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Alf Inge easy peasy.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Coach wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:44 pm Erling invoking his inner Wout Wieghorst. More misses than King Solomon.
:rotf: :rotf:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Two words. Brammal Lane. Wet. Windy. Can he do it? Fewer touches an earthworm in a bowling alley. The big Viking being mauled and manhandled by Alfred’s men. Just like Ashdown 871. Battered.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Proper football from the Blades. Rough house 70s style. Erling asking for help from the men in black, “whatchu’ think this is, Tommy Lee and Will Smith”.

Brammal Lane. Check.
Britannia. Check.
New Den. Check.
Ewood Park. Check.

The only and one, Field Marshall, Sir Dixie Wilberforce Dean.