CNN's Don Lemon calls out US Woman's Soccer Team's Equal Pay as "UNFAIR" to the Men's Team.

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
CNN's Don Lemon calls out US Woman's Soccer Team's Equal Pay as "UNFAIR" to the Men's Team.

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CNN's Don Lemon calls out US Woman's Soccer Team's Equal Pay as "UNFAIR" to the Men's Team.

Post by YemiBrazil »

Is he still breathing? :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CNN's Don Lemon calls out US Woman's Soccer Team's Equal Pay as "UNFAIR" to the Men's Team.

Post by mate »

He is 100% correct. But he is part of the machine that created this modern social media driven culture of nonsense.

The doublespeak is amazing on this issue.

The ideologists emphasize performance rather than generated revenue...as if there is an equivalence between women and men in their respective competitions...treating all revenue as 1 pool.

Communism.

:)
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I have said this before: equal pay does not even exist in the men's game! Players at Exeter City do not get paid the same as Man City's players.

Even players in the same team do not get equal pay. Messi is not on the same salary as his teammate Layvin Kurzawa.
Last edited by wiseone on Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

The difference here is the US women national team are more successful (significantly ) than their male counterparts

The bigger issue is consumerism and I see some changes in the women’s game as they are attracting gate fees so it’s a matter of time
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

akamoke wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:02 pm The difference here is the US women national team are more successful (significantly ) than their male counterparts

The bigger issue is consumerism and I see some changes in the women’s game as they are attracting gate fees so it’s a matter of time
The so called success factor is distorted to justify an unfair share of revenue.

Let's be blunt: the women's game remains inferior and just can't draw in crowds. Except for some games in the women's WC, which still are commercially dwarfed by the men's game. Gender politics try to cover up the reality.

Biggest irony for me: why don't women come out big and watch women's club football? I bet more women attend men's club football with their male counterparts.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

akamoke wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:02 pm The difference here is the US women national team are more successful (significantly ) than their male counterparts

Has the women’s success resulted in higher revenues than the men’s game generates? If performance does not impact revenue then it shouldn’t be used as a criterion for revenue sharing🤔❗️

Cheers.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

mate wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:35 pm

The so called success factor is distorted to justify an unfair share of revenue.

Let's be blunt: the women's game remains inferior and just can't draw in crowds. Except for some games in the women's WC, which still are commercially dwarfed by the men's game. Gender politics try to cover up the reality.

Biggest irony for me: why don't women come out big and watch women's club football? I bet more women attend men's club football with their male counterparts.
Mate,
The women game attracts more viewerships in the US than any other place in the world. The women World Cup live event has been #1 even when pitted against other sports except NFL.
Outside of the US however the game struggles.
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

furiously frank wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:11 am

Mate,
The women game attracts more viewerships in the US than any other place in the world. The women World Cup live event has been #1 even when pitted against other sports except NFL.
How does the revenue derived thereof compare to the revenue generated by the men’s game in the US?

Wha choo looking at?!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Mate,

I am not sure what the viewerships are for the USA women, but a higher count mean more revenue. Ad pricing is primarily based on reach and frequency of viewings on demographics that spend money due to targeted advertising. As such, the FIFA men's competition makes more. And the USA share of this should only go to the men, with the women keeping their share of their World Cup.

The killer is the club level. Women especially don't come out. A women's WC is the outlier here, where I bet only the latter stages are highly watched.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Mate,
Thanks for this response, you are spot on
The women's game is huge in the US, hence the pay justifies the revenue, coupled with their success
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

No, the women game doesn't bring bigger crowds or revenue compared to the men in the USA.
I don't know where yall got that from

However the women earn 30% of the revenue from Fifa while men gets 7%
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved