I came across this interesting post on the England NT subreddit

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
I came across this interesting post on the England NT subreddit

Post by Tobi17 »

It was a thread on the potential players that will most likely make the England squad for the 2024 Euros...what I found interesting in majority of the squad line ups was the obvious omission of the likes of Eberechi Eze and Michael Olise, it was a very insightful peek into the mindset of the England fans about their squad depth which could well reflect Southgates type of team.

Here's the link to the Three Lions subreddit.

Last edited by Tobi17 on Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: I came across this interesting post on the England NT subreddit

Post by Tobi17 »

Also note how they are going for Balogun, which sounds about the most likely outcome considering his current form.

I think Southgate has his ideal team set up and it's unlikely Eze and Olise fit into that set up, especially with the likes of Bellingham, Foden, Kalvin Phillips, Mason Mount, Declan rice, Maddison etc who are all ahead of Eze and Olise in that midfield depth...Nigeria should easily cap-tie those two cause they stand a questionable chance with England/France respectively.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Mods is it possible this thread be moved to the world forum? This is about the English euro 2024 squad as well as a warez link to reddit
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

You just gonna ignore the fact that Olise is French? Shouldn’t we be looking at the future plans the French have for him?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi, u still slow. Didn't I tell you that Balogun was closer to an England call up than Nigeria. If you list 4 SE strikers will Balogun be one of them? I do agree we need to cap and stash him.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Interesting.
But apart from stepping up the personal contacts with these guys, the propaganda should also be stepped up.
Articles should be appearing left and right making the case for these boys to decide for Naija.
There is a credible case to make against waiting for England.
They’re just young and therefore have a higher dose of optimism than pessimism in their systems.
Plus you only fully appreciate options as you get older, sometimes too late.
That’s life.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...you can't force a horse to drink water, especially given the condition Nigeria and the NFA is today. Those kids born and raised in oyinbo land can't make it here or stomach the nonsense.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

How is Grealish behind Sancho and Smith Rowe and it's more likely Toney makes the squad than Tammy. Or how does Spence make the squad and Walker does not?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

mcal wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:31 pm ...you can't force a horse to drink water, especially given the condition Nigeria and the NFA is today. Those kids born and raised in oyinbo land can't make it here or stomach the nonsense.
There are two kinds of people essentially; those who can overcome a little dysfunction and those who don’t mind playing second fiddle while being discriminated against. Which one are you❓🤔❗️

Cheers.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:41 pm
mcal wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:31 pm ...you can't force a horse to drink water, especially given the condition Nigeria and the NFA is today. Those kids born and raised in oyinbo land can't make it here or stomach the nonsense.
There are two kinds of people essentially; those who can overcome a little dysfunction and those who don’t mind playing second fiddle while being discriminated against. Which one are you❓🤔❗️

Cheers.
...unfortunately playing second fiddle can be better than the frustration NFA put these boys thru to prosecute a match.
Note, these players play at the highest club level and have interacted with the best and professional technical crews, something the NFA does in a haphazard way.