CPS Drops Charges Against Mason Greenwood

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: CPS Drops Charges Against Mason Greenwood

Post by Sleaky72 »

wiseone wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:21 pm That is not likely to happen. They are engaged and she is pregnant 🤰 with his baby.
Sleaky72 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:51 pm I always knew Greenwood was a talented lad but I’m really rooting for him to start a new life and career and shame all the bleeding heart hypocrites … he also needs to drop that girl
Didn’t say this minute
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Coach wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:24 pm The very same written statement, the authenticity of which has been disputed, with multiple versions of said statement in existence. Which is which, needless to say are as compelling as video footage, clenched fist, claret and “legs up”, hence one had a splendid career at United and the other was sacked.

None to blame but himself.
Dude it’s funny how far you’re going to defend Ronaldo but we’re quick to pile on Mendy and Greenwood. Even in the midst of clear evidence against CRON: all good whatever makes you happy sir
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Sleaky72 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:28 pm
wiseone wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:21 pm That is not likely to happen. They are engaged and she is pregnant 🤰 with his baby.
Sleaky72 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:51 pm I always knew Greenwood was a talented lad but I’m really rooting for him to start a new life and career and shame all the bleeding heart hypocrites … he also needs to drop that girl
Didn’t say this minute
Akin to the scraped plate, he’s finished (from a relationship POV). If he leaves her, child support and all the trimmings, will bury him deeper than Davey Jones’ locker. When the hubris settles, this situation was entirely self inflicted. “Legs up” was his choice of words and what followed was just deserves. Evidently he’s a complete tool, hopefully, for his sake, still a rich one, otherwise he’s finished with all letters capitalised.
Last edited by Coach on Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Sleaky72 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:30 pm
Coach wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:24 pm The very same written statement, the authenticity of which has been disputed, with multiple versions of said statement in existence. Which is which, needless to say are as compelling as video footage, clenched fist, claret and “legs up”, hence one had a splendid career at United and the other was sacked.

None to blame but himself.
Dude it’s funny how far you’re going to defend Ronaldo but we’re quick to pile on Mendy and Greenwood. Even in the midst of clear evidence against CRON: all good whatever makes you happy sir
On the contrary, as far as Mendy was concerned hoped the sword of Damacles would fall wherever the guilt lay. Do revisit the thread. One did however criticise Benjamin for finding himself in the same situation that many a black athlete has found themselves in decades earlier. There was all the forewarnings and all ignored.

If it fits narratives, call it whatever. Couldn’t careless. That black men are casually putting themselves in the firing line to fit the black predator stereotype shows a level of buffoonery beyond all reason. Sadly, another will follow suit like clockwork.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Man Utd effed up.... they caved and gave in. Probably junior's (Ten Hag) doing. Sir Alex would have played him and damned the vultures. If it's confirmed he didn't do what he's accused of, then let him get on with his life. Here's wishing him a great career.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Didn’t a lady recently has a baby for him?
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

felarey wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:49 pm Man Utd effed up.... they caved and gave in. Probably junior's (Ten Hag) doing. Sir Alex would have played him and damned the vultures. If it's confirmed he didn't do what he's accused of, then let him get on with his life. Here's wishing him a great career.
Not sure about that. The same Ferguson who blew a fuse when youngsters parked Benzes and Beemers in the car park? Would that be the same Fergie who sold Ince once his “guvnor” persona got too big for his liking? Ferguson was a disciplinarian, no he wouldn’t have had the image of Man United ruined by a neophyte who’s far from club folklore. From the accounts of ex-pros during his tenure, if one stepped out of line, they were done for.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Coach wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:01 pm
felarey wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:49 pm Man Utd effed up.... they caved and gave in. Probably junior's (Ten Hag) doing. Sir Alex would have played him and damned the vultures. If it's confirmed he didn't do what he's accused of, then let him get on with his life. Here's wishing him a great career.
Not sure about that. The same Ferguson who blew a fuse when youngsters parked Benzes and Beemers in the car park? Would that be the same Fergie who sold Ince once his “guvnor” persona got too big for his liking? Ferguson was a disciplinarian, no he wouldn’t have had the image of Man United ruined by a neophyte who’s far from club folklore. From the accounts of ex-pros during his tenure, if one stepped out of line, they were done for.
The boy was cleared of all charges, the club did their own investigation and cleared him. Saying he didn't not commit the original offences. Sir Alex would be a lot more loyal to a guy running his lungs out for him than the peanut gallery and his players know it. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Cleared or were the charges dropped? That a charge is dropped does not imply innocence. If he was cleared then surely United have committed wrongful dismissal and Greenwood has a right to be reinstated.

The witness, his girlfriend, withdrew her statement and as such, there was no case to he heard. He has not been legally cleared of anything, other than his Man United contract. Only has himself to blame. Hopefully, young black athletes will take heed to this example.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Fela, United’s statement is absolute double talk. If he’s innocent and has done nothing wrong then how do they conclude his position is untenable?

With the charges dropped, United cannot say he did commit the offence as the offence no longer exists, in one sense. Saying he didn’t do as previously charged is another way of saying the same sentence. Any insinuation on their part would leave them liable to a defamation of character suit.

Orwellian lexicon from United’s legal team.

The question United will be asked is, why kick him out if he’s done nothing wrong? Another potential banana skin of a question.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Coach wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:58 pm @Fela, United’s statement is absolute double talk. If he’s innocent and has done nothing wrong then how do they conclude his position is untenable?

With the charges dropped, United cannot say he did commit the offence as the offence no longer exists, in one sense. Saying he didn’t do as previously charged is another way of saying the same sentence. Any insinuation on their part would leave them liable to a defamation of character suit.

Orwellian lexicon from United’s legal team.

The question United will be asked is, why kick him out if he’s done nothing wrong? Another potential banana skin of a question.
It's just the fans, I've concluded that soccer fans from Europe are just batshit insane.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

felarey wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:20 pm
Coach wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:01 pm
The boy was cleared of all charges, the club did their own investigation and cleared him. Saying he didn't not commit the original offences. Sir Alex would be a lot more loyal to a guy running his lungs out for him than the peanut gallery and his players know it. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?
The minute you're accused you're automatically guilty. This is how the fans see it.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Coach wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:42 pm Cleared or were the charges dropped? That a charge is dropped does not imply innocence. If he was cleared then surely United have committed wrongful dismissal and Greenwood has a right to be reinstated.

The witness, his girlfriend, withdrew her statement and as such, there was no case to he heard. He has not been legally cleared of anything, other than his Man United contract. Only has himself to blame. Hopefully, young black athletes will take heed to this example.
Ok we're dealing semantics, cleared or charges dropped. But the club said they'll conduct their own investigation before determining next steps. They did and found out he did not commit the original offence based on the evidence they had. Per Sir Alex, there's precedent for my comments:

Jonny Evans was arrested for raping a barmaid at the club xmas party around 2007/2008. Like Greenwood, Evans was later not prosecuted. Van Persie and Ronaldo were also accused of rape. Dwight Yorke couldn't get out of the headlines for nights of debauchery. Rooney and 50 yr old hags. Nani, Anderson and Ronaldo having an orgy in CRon's pool. Fergie didn't condone these behaviours, after the roasting comes the embrace to refocus on football. I really don't think he would have cast aside Greenwood.

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

You omitted the most infamous one of all: club legend Ryan Giggs sleeping with his brother’s wife for a decade, impregnating her, then giving her money for an abortion.

felarey wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:13 pm

Per Sir Alex, there's precedent for my comments:

Jonny Evans was arrested for raping a barmaid at the club xmas party around 2007/2008. Like Greenwood, Evans was later not prosecuted. Van Persie and Ronaldo were also accused of rape. Dwight Yorke couldn't get out of the headlines for nights of debauchery. Rooney and 50 yr old hags. Nani, Anderson and Ronaldo having an orgy in CRon's pool. Fergie didn't condone these behaviours, after the roasting comes the embrace to refocus on football. I really don't think he would have cast aside Greenwood.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

wiseone wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:15 pm
Timings have also been influenced by my desire to minimise the impact of the investigation on our men's and women's teams, as well as our Lionesses.
:roll: :roll:
While I am satisfied that Mason did not commit the acts he was charged with, Mason’s accepted that he has made mistakes which he takes responsibility for. I am also mindful of the challenge that Mason would face rebuilding his career and raising a baby together with his partner in the harsh spotlight of Manchester United. Further, this case has provoked strong opinions, and it is my responsibility to minimise any distraction to the unity we are seeking within the club.
:roll: :roll: :roll: We need a real manager!

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Nonsense. If there was no offence/wrongdoing committed a leviathan such as Man United stepping forward and clarifying the falsification would not bring a harsh spotlight. On the contrary, effectively sacking Greenwood, suggests they were not happy for him to represent the organisation. Why not put him through sugar coated rehab services ala gentleman Joey Barton, have him go on courses deemed necessary and commit to supporting women’s initiatives. Why have they concluded he cannot represent the organisation?

The tosh on raising a child is absolute tosh, endorsements gone, salary gone, will assume he has plenty of cash stashed but does this dismissal give him the platform and stability to raise the child they are so desperately concerned about?
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Coach wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:34 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:28 pm
Didn’t say this minute
Akin to the scraped plate, he’s finished (from a relationship POV). If he leaves her, child support and all the trimmings, will bury him deeper than Davey Jones’ locker. When the hubris settles, this situation was entirely self inflicted. “Legs up” was his choice of words and what followed was just deserves. Evidently he’s a complete tool, hopefully, for his sake, still a rich one, otherwise he’s finished with all letters capitalised.
Wow you’ve buried the guy already.
There seems to be a pattern with you but hey it’s a free world and I respect your right to an opinion even though I totally disagree
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Greenwood is innocent so why sack him? This is the same club where Eric Cantona assaulted a fan while playing live on OT. What about CR7 that was accused of rape in the US and still can't come to the US? What about Ryan Giggs? Mehn what a useless club.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^^from a relationship perspective, he’s done. It was hoped in an earlier post that he leaves her, if he does, with a child, it’ll cost him more to go than to stay. If he moves on, he has the hoodoo hanging over his head, with the next in line knowing they can press the big, shiny red button.

Would imagine his PR team will ensure he is visible in his rehabilitation efforts. His Oscar award winning performance has left him back against the wall.

As for patterns, do detail, alliteration, a call to the fore. Regardless of our leniencies and where one sets the boundaries of tolerance, Greenwood set himself up tremendously and only an ostrich would assume he’d ever play for United again. Completely and utterly untenable situation, all of his own making.

It will be interesting to see if United demand a fee, as he’s still under contract. Assuming they do, it will be equally interesting what they do with the proceeds. If sold, there will be no shortage of suffragettes calling the transfer fee ill gotten. United are in a pickle. All proceeds to go to women’s refuges and community initiatives, whilst ETH struggles to sneak a midfielder past FFP perhaps.

What a palaver. Was it worth it? Is it ever.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:05 am Greenwood is innocent so why sack him? This is the same club where Eric Cantona assaulted a fan while playing live on OT. What about CR7 that was accused of rape in the US and still can't come to the US? What about Ryan Giggs? Mehn what a useless club.
Greenwood is innocent of what? Who do you think inflicted those injuries on his partner?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Who here would happily welcome their daughter home bearing such marks? See such footage and say, “it’s a yes from me”, as far as continuation of the relationship is concerned. Mouths move from both corners.

Again, it will take a bold club with a bold personality to take a punt. Mourinho rumoured to be interested, Rome, the eternal city. Still Europe however, not out of reach of the “mob”. Outside bet, Kaizer Chiefs.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

6.5 months ago I laid out the various/most likely options for handling the Greenwood issue. A close inspection of the wording in the Man Utd statement is that they chose option 2 below. The numerous references to "we" make it clear that Man Utd did not sack Greenwood. Releasing a statement expressly stating that Greenwood did not commit a crime or breach his contract means the club had no legal ground to fire him.

It was a mutual termination where the club probably agreed to pay Greenwood most or all of the remaining salary on his contract.
wiseone wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:13 pm The only ways Man Utd could terminate Greenwood’s contract are:

1) Fire him outright: for what though? He was exonerated after a police investigation. If the club fires him for no reason, he could sue for unfair dismissal. The only slim chance the club has in this area is to fire him under the moral terpitude clause that is in many Premier League contracts. Even then that is a dicy one that also carries the risk of an unfair dismissal claim.

2) Agree to a mutual termination (ala Ronaldo). In this case Greenwood could demand that the club pay out his remaining salary in his contract (which runs until 2025). Does the club really want to pay one of the hottest young talents in the Premier League to NOT play for them, and give him money to join a rival?

If Greenwood was for sale in today's hyper inflated market, how much would a free scoring 21yo England international like him be worth? Given the insane amounts paid for Mudryk and Fernandez, Greenwood (before the rape claim) would not be worth less than £85 million.
benteke wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:39 pm The official press statement says that the club will conduct its own process before determining the next steps.

Is there any chance that they could terminate his contract if there is backlash from sponsors and women's groups etc.