Christian Atsu dies in Turkey earthquake.

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Christian Atsu in Turkey earthquake.

Post by Bigpokey24 »

As Anger Swells Over Quake, Turkey Detains Building Constructors
As the death toll in Turkey and Syria passed 25,000, Ankara was coming under growing criticism for its slow response and tolerance of shoddy construction.
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/11/worl ... quake.html
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Footballer Christian Atsu is still missing after the Turkey earthquake on 6 February, his agent has said.

Ghana international Atsu has not been seen since the quake that caused the collapse of the apartment in the city of Hatay in which he was staying.

His club Hatayspor initially reported he was rescued "with injuries" but a day later that position changed.

Nana Sechere, who is in Hatay, said they located Atsu's "exact room location" and found pairs of his shoes.

The agent also said that thermal imaging cameras had shown signs of "up to five lives" beneath the rubble, but that it had not been possible to confirm those signs.

He added that "things are moving incredibly slow" and they "urgently need more resources, including a translator",
adding that as a result "any rescues are being delayed, and lives are being lost."

And said it was "unfortunate" that Atsu's Turkish club was "not on the ground with us, side by side, in the search for Christian".

"Their position and influence, accompanied with their local knowledge, would be extremely helpful," he added.

Last week Atsu's partner Claire Rupio called for equipment to be sent to the collapsed building where he was living.

"It has been nine days since the earthquake and we still have not located Christian," Sechere tweeted on Tuesday.

"I am at the quake site in Hatay with Christian's family. The scenes are unimaginable and our hearts are broken for all the people affected."

Atsu was staying in a building with a number of Hatayspor team-mates and officials. The club's sporting director Taner Savut is also missing.

Some survivors are still being rescued after the quakes and aftershocks in southern Turkey and northern Syria that are known to have killed more than 40,000 people.
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/ ... ts-1716203
CCTV footage showed Atsu in the parking lot of his building before earthquake - Reports
SuperEagles

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Unfortunately Christian Astu didn't make it, I'm so heart broken right now
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

40000+ tragic losses of life.

Rest in peace to all, comfort and condolences to the bereaved.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Allah yerhamo Christian Atsu... :(
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

May the Lord comfort his family at this trying times. The Lord comfort those who mourns. Rest in Peace Christian Astu as well as those who passed . From dust we are made and to dust we return, but grace from Yeshua grants us eternal life.
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:09 am Unfortunately Christian Astu didn't make it, I'm so heart broken right now
Gutted.
May he Rest In Peace.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:00 am May the Lord comfort his family at this trying times. The Lord comfort those who mourns. Rest in Peace Christian Astu as well as those who passed . From dust we are made and to dust we return, but grace from Yeshua grants us eternal life.
Death whether it happens to us or someone close to us inevitably reminds us of our mortality as humans, as well as the unpredictable fickle nature of life. Astu was literally celebrating a wonderful free kick goal he scored for his club, and he was celebrated by his team mates, fans and coach as that was the last minute match winning goal...not knowing that was going to be his last day on earth as he was a victim of the earthquake the very next day. I hated life when I saw my beautiful and bubbly sister lying so lifeless and different in her casket during the viewing of her funeral, swore never to take life seriously from that point and just enjoy every moment like it would be my last.

RIP Christian Astu, exceptional baller he was.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

May the dead be granted peaceful rest. This is just sad.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Rest well Christian Atsu.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

RIP

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

So sad RIP
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

RIP Christian Atsu
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...terrible. Experienced earthquake once while stationed in Germany. The shaking was frightening, happened early in the morning we later learnt the epicenter was far out somewhere in France but we in south of Germany, near Frieburg felt it. But those tall buildings in Turkey, and study show they are on earthquake fault lines.
joao
Egg
Egg
Re: Christian Atsu dies in Turkey earthquake.

Post by joao »

RIP Atsu.
God's blessings to his family.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
2think
Egg
Egg

Post by 2think »

So sad
May he RIP

Thoughts and prayers also to all the families who have lost their loved ones to this disaster
May the Lord God Bless U real Good
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Such a sad story :(
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Sad sad
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

mcal wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:04 pm ...terrible. Experienced earthquake once while stationed in Germany. The shaking was frightening, happened early in the morning we later learnt the epicenter was far out somewhere in France but we in south of Germany, near Frieburg felt it. But those tall buildings in Turkey, and study show they are on earthquake fault lines.
First time I experienced one here, felt my apartment and everything in it move violently and nearly crapped my pants.
Turns out this is a usual occurrence. Nevada gets tens of thousands of micro earthquakes a year but thankfully the major ones of magnitude 5.5 and above are far and in between.

And we also have dozens of active fault lines.

I really feel for the people of Syria as they are without much aids in this trying time. Being stuck in the political game hasn’t helped these guys.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Absolutely, many charities were initially leading with the purkinje strings tugging headline, ‘Turkey earthquake appeal’. Most have now hyphenated that slogan to include the subhumans of Syria. One wonders whether it is the metaphysical forces that tilt the earth’s axis or the sheer weight of bias and prejudice within the hearts of humankind.

Having binged watched all four seasons of Haiti: When Slaves become Masters, the world is reclining heavily once more in the lazy boy, butter kissed popcorn and Fanta lemon, large, in audience of NatureFlix’s latest release, Harry Isis and the Earthquake of Azkaban. Deep in the sub-conscience of Armitage and Wilberforce, the unspoken word bellows, “go on then, save yourselves, let’s see what you can do without us”. Haiti 2.0.

What a heartless species human is indeed.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Millions and billions continue to pour towards the “whatever” effort as Ukraine tussles with the bear. Not a penny in policy will find its way to Syria sadly. Tragic.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Coach wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:33 am Millions and billions continue to pour towards the “whatever” effort as Ukraine tussles with the bear. Not a penny in policy will find its way to Syria sadly. Tragic.
...sad, but let Syrian super supporters (Iran and Russia) pour in aids.
This is why we thank God this type major natural disaster has avoided Africa, Nigeria in particular.
Can you imagine who in the world will come to our aid if major disaster hit, earthquake, hurricane?
All we have right now are 'man-made disasters' especially at the oil creeks and nothing is being done, plus all other shenanigans going on today.