Pains me to say this...

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Pains me to say this...

Post by bushboy »

...but it's time for Viera to be let go at Crystal Palace.

I was rooting for a black manager, but he is out of his depth. It pains me. It really does.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pains me to say this...

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Please go away.

Wha choo looking at?!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

They're in trouble and should be doing better with that squad. I don't think they'll be relegated though.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:23 pm Please go away.
:rotf:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Palace have no business being in the trenches and seemingly are in full Southampton mode. Hopefully Vieira can turn it around.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Viera took chances on a lot of boneheaded players who do not fully appreciate the concept of team play.
Yes, they are talented but their football IQ is wanting. It's now up to the coach to weed out the selfish ones
before he gets weeded out.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

joao wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:59 pm Viera took chances on a lot of boneheaded players who do not fully appreciate the concept of team play.
Yes, they are talented but their football IQ is wanting. It's now up to the coach to weed out the selfish ones
I feel like smashing the TV every time Ayew gets the ball. Very, very dumb player. Zaha also doesn’t involve his teammates in the play as much as he should, leading to many annoying turnovers.

Wha choo looking at?!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bushboy wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:24 pm ...but it's time for Viera to be let go at Crystal Palace.

I was rooting for a black manager, but he is out of his depth. It pains me. It really does.
Sadly, he’s gone.
Patrick Vieira: Crystal Palace sack manager after 12-game winless run
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

It's tough being a black manager. No room for error.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:21 am
joao wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:59 pm Viera took chances on a lot of boneheaded players who do not fully appreciate the concept of team play.
I feel like smashing the TV every time Ayew gets the ball. Very, very dumb player. Zaha also doesn’t involve his teammates in the play as much as he should, leading to many annoying turnovers.
And he is very predictable. He had so much promise which he failed to fulfil hence he is still at a lowly club. He has very little end product
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

But the English coach Graham Potter who destroyed Chelsea still has a gig..ok oooo
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:21 am
bushboy wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:24 pm ...but it's time for Viera to be let go at Crystal Palace.

Sadly, he’s gone.
Patrick Vieira: Crystal Palace sack manager after 12-game winless run
Are you kidding me? What did they expect from that bunch of brainless players? Even with all that they were 12th in the league! 12th! I hope Arsenal hit them for 6 this weekend!

Wha choo looking at?!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Patrick is a good manager just managing a useless team.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:55 pmAre you kidding me? What did they expect from that bunch of brainless players? Even with all that they were 12th in the league! 12th! I hope Arsenal hit them for 6 this weekend!

I hope so too but the last time Arsenal faced a team that just had the manager sacked...
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

theDunamis wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:24 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:55 pmAre you kidding me? What did they expect from that bunch of brainless players? Even with all that they were 12th in the league! 12th! I hope Arsenal hit them for 6 this weekend!

I hope so too but the last time Arsenal faced a team that just had the manager sacked...
:mrgreen: Meanwhile Brendan Rodgers, who has taken former champions Leicester to the princely position of 16th on the table, is still around fumbling and wombling with Leicester. God dey sha ...

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:31 pm

:mrgreen: Meanwhile Brendan Rodgers, who has taken former champions Leicester to the princely position of 16th on the table, is still around fumbling and wombling with Leicester. God dey sha ...
what about
Potter, what about Moyes? CP made a hash decision ,CP are currently 12th higher than the likes of Westham etc . They will be pack fighting relegation
SuperEagles

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:41 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:31 pm

what about
Potter, what about Moyes? CP made a hash decision ,CP are currently 12th higher than the likes of Westham etc . They will be pack fighting relegation
No min dem. Patrick should wait for PSG to start wombling and fumbling and apply for the job. He should never return to England ever again. As for that nonsense club called Palace, i expect them to be at the bottom of the Championship in 2 years. Nonsense! :roll:

Wha choo looking at?!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

CP made the right call. PV has been useless. We have seen other managers with less talented squads play quality football. Brighton. Wolves. Villa. But the difference is that all those teams have a quality manager. PV has proven he is not that good. Time to let him go.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Ultimately, the manager can only take a club so far. Football being the ruthless business it is has to focus on a fall guy. In this case it was PV.

The players though have to look at themselves in the mirror. They just aren't good enough to sustain top level football.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Crystal Palace: Roy Hodgson being considered as Patrick Vieira replacement

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64996787

smh
SuperEagles

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:15 am Crystal Palace: Roy Hodgson being considered as Patrick Vieira replacement

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64996787

smh
Still recycling the same old dinosaurs. Championship here we come ...

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

cchinukw wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:34 pm Ultimately, the manager can only take a club so far. Football being the ruthless business it is has to focus on a fall guy. In this case it was PV.

The players though have to look at themselves in the mirror. They just aren't good enough to sustain top level football.
Patrick Vieira was sacked as Crystal Palace manager because it was believed he was being too soft on his under-performing players. (Mirror)
SuperEagles