Pains me to say this...

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Re: Pains me to say this...

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:00 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:15 am Crystal Palace: Roy Hodgson being considered as Patrick Vieira replacement

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64996787

smh

Still recycling the same old dinosaurs. Championship here we come ...
I am sure Sam Allardyce and Harry Redknapp are being considered.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Results business and for Parish and the clergy, the results weren’t good enough. In truth, Palace have been stale since the turn of the year. Results remained the same, nothing changed. Seldom does Groundhog Day bring new tides and brighter horizons. The timing, far from illogical. The Eagles are clearly hoping on the bounce back effect to manifest in the run post-Emirates flogging. Sadly, on the evidence at hand, there was nothing to suggest Vieira could’ve gotten the performances and points vs the Leicesters and Leeds.

Far from the best of squads, but most certainly not the worst. Palace should be doing better. As ever the buck stops with the Manager. Where to from here? Can’t help but feel this sets Vieira back a few steps.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

On BBC comment section:
Worth noting that Palace's last ten games have all been against clubs in the top 11 of the Premier League including Man Utd (3rd) twice, and while they haven't been scoring they've only conceded more than one goal in one of those games.

What do they expect?
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Roy will set up two banks of four, oversee countless defeats and keep them up thanks to the results of three teams below them.
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:31 pm
theDunamis wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:24 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:55 pmAre you kidding me? What did they expect from that bunch of brainless players? Even with all that they were 12th in the league! 12th! I hope Arsenal hit them for 6 this weekend!

I hope so too but the last time Arsenal faced a team that just had the manager sacked...
:mrgreen: Meanwhile Brendan Rodgers, who has taken former champions Leicester to the princely position of 16th on the table, is still around fumbling and wombling with Leicester. God dey sha ...
Add Moyes at West Ham with the money spent backing him while Palace don't spend and just want to stay in the EPL, and they now talking of bring Roy back
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Brendan Rodgers sure got the complexion for the protection.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:57 pm Brendan Rodgers sure got the complexion for the protection.
Not saying Rodgers haven’t benefited from white privilege, Leicester is too broke to fire him. He is one of the top earning managers in the EPL and Leicester are paying for all the bad signing they made 2-3seasons ago. They only made I signing in the summer and a loan signing in January. Even clubs like Bournemouth, Fulham & Wolves have outspent them.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Leicester are banking on Rodgers walking, as for OluwaDavid Moyes, don’t think the Irons will afford him the throne of similar ilk come the season’s close. The issue with Vieira was quite simple, Palace are hurtling down towards the dogfight and sadly, he didn’t seem to be able to get a snarl out of those mongrels talk less a bark. They don’t have the set up for a relegation slugfest and should they go down, would almost certainly slip into oblivion.

Sadly, Vieira put all his chips on the wrong numbers. 5 points for 30 odd, barely a win in 12 across all competitions. Twas the form of a man asking for scrutiny. Such is the way of the game, when the ship’s in the doldrums, t’is the captain launched overboard.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

^^

Nothing more to add. I really wanted to see him do well. There was room for optimism after the end of last season. But once Chelsea took their boy back, Viera's yansh was open like a fowl on a breezy day.

Just not good enough. Where to mow? Saudi? Russia?

He has lost a lot of esteem from this.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Coach wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:10 pm ^Roy will set up two banks of four, oversee countless defeats and keep them up thanks to the results of three teams below them.
They need goals not defensive help.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:14 am
cchinukw wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:34 pm Ultimately, the manager can only take a club so far. Football being the ruthless business it is has to focus on a fall guy. In this case it was PV.

The players though have to look at themselves in the mirror. They just aren't good enough to sustain top level football.
Patrick Vieira was sacked as Crystal Palace manager because it was believed he was being too soft on his under-performing players. (Mirror)
That's a manager's call. The board not being on the shop floor close to the coalface are unqualified to use that as a yardstick. This is just amateurish. Certainly if that approach was needed, the manager would have approached it that way but there are many things that could have been going on than a stick approach would have solved.

No one is the wiser if that was their expressed reason.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

cchinukw wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:35 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:14 am
cchinukw wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:34 pm Ultimately, the manager can only take a club so far. Football being the ruthless business it is has to focus on a fall guy. In this case it was PV.

The players though have to look at themselves in the mirror. They just aren't good enough to sustain top level football.
Patrick Vieira was sacked as Crystal Palace manager because it was believed he was being too soft on his under-performing players. (Mirror)
That's a manager's call. The board not being on the shop floor close to the coalface are unqualified to use that as a yardstick. This is just amateurish. Certainly if that approach was needed, the manager would have approached it that way but there are many things that could have been going on than a stick approach would have solved.

No one is the wiser if that was their expressed reason.
Well well well ...is that not something !! plenty of us here complained about this for such a long time from last season that he was too soft on underperforming players. if that is truly the reason then why did the owner not just have a convo with him ? abi he had and uncle pat no gree change ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates