It all happened so fast” | Freddy Adu Opens Up About His Rise And Fall And Discusses What’s Next

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
It all happened so fast” | Freddy Adu Opens Up About His Rise And Fall And Discusses What’s Next

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: It all happened so fast” | Freddy Adu Opens Up About His Rise And Fall And Discusses What’s Next

Post by Coach »

As time went by, Freddy, exercised his nature, becoming an absolute Kofi phenotypically.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: It all happened so fast” | Freddy Adu Opens Up About His Rise And Fall And Discusses What’s Next

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Can't believe it was 20 years ago when this guy's name was all over tv. Dude even had this one commercial with Pele back in the day.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Coach wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:38 am As time went by, Freddy, exercised his nature, becoming an absolute Kofi phenotypically.
That was unequivocally below the belt(pun may or may not be intended) Chai! Ghana don suffer!

Wha choo looking at?!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Poor Freddy McNotReady.

Sorry guys, you are too young to know this cartoon character from the 1960s. Google Freddy McReady cartoons.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Interviewer sounds annoying so I won't bother watching the chat hey had but can someone summarise what happened to this "phenom" as they called him at the time

I remember the hype and how he subsequently bombed. He simply never had any success especially in Europe

What went wrong? Was it just the marketing that was over the top or he had talent but hings didn't align for him

It must suck for him to have had so much promise and not realise it. But I'm sure he made lots of money from endorsements in his hey day
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...I don't see the big deal. He is not, and never have been or will be a bummed out player in football or any sport. At the end he cashed in well, and better than many who continued.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Comrade Machel wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 12:30 pm Interviewer sounds annoying so I won't bother watching the chat hey had but can someone summarise what happened to this "phenom" as they called him at the time

I remember the hype and how he subsequently bombed. He simply never had any success especially in Europe

What went wrong? Was it just the marketing that was over the top or he had talent but hings didn't align for him

It must suck for him to have had so much promise and not realise it. But I'm sure he made lots of money from endorsements in his hey day
”Talent is not enough”, he said.
He said he made the wrong choices.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Damunk wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:39 am
Comrade Machel wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 12:30 pm Interviewer sounds annoying so I won't bother watching the chat hey had but can someone summarise what happened to this "phenom" as they called him at the time

Or maybe he wasn't as good as they were making him out to be. I'm willing to bet he would have had a decent career if he wasn't weighed down by the pressure associated with the hype.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Mr. Piffington wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:48 am

Or maybe he wasn't as good as they were making him out to be. I'm willing to bet he would have had a decent career if he wasn't weighed down by the pressure associated with the hype.
Yeah, I seem to remember all the hype was coming out of the US, so I didn’t take it too seriously.
20 yrs ago, half decent was probably phenomenal in the US.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Damunk wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 8:39 am

Yeah, I seem to remember all the hype was coming out of the US, so I didn’t take it too seriously.
A bit off topic but when you say 20 years ago I still can't believe how time has flown! I remember 2003 like yesterday. In fact just a few hours ago my ex just sent me a message on Facebook and I started dating her that year. Damn, she was fine.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Mr. Piffington wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 5:07 am

A bit off topic but when you say 20 years ago I still can't believe how time has flown! I remember 2003 like yesterday. In fact just a few hours ago my ex just sent me a message on Facebook and I started dating her that year. Damn, she was fine.
Did she wanna get with you boss

Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Comrade Machel wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 6:29 am

No. She sent me a video and said she thought one of the people reminded her of me, she thought it was me at first.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Mr. Piffington wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:09 am
Comrade Machel wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 6:29 am

No. She sent me a video and said she thought one of the people reminded her of me, she thought it was me at first.

Alrit. I thought she had come back for more lol