Madrid vs City (0-4) 1-5 agg

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Madrid vs City (0-1) 1-2 agg

Post by maceo4 »

Comrade Machel wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:48 pm Benzema, Modric and Kroos too old and slow

Why change Rudiger who had an excellent game first leg. Don't change it if ain't broken
He better come be the first sub at halftime, like wtf…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

maceo4 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:44 pm
green4life wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:42 pm Madrid is not serious. What a waste of my time.
They blow hot and cold all season, I knew they wouldn’t be up for it, I hope they prove me wrong sha…
They played very well at the bernabeau so that gave me hope. Also, they turned around Barca in the semi's of the Copa Del Rey with Benzema hat trick at the Camp Nou. I was hoping for a similar performance today. :???:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

maceo4 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:50 pm
Comrade Machel wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:48 pm Benzema, Modric and Kroos too old and slow

Why change Rudiger who had an excellent game first leg. Don't change it if ain't broken
Rudiger is not the issue. The issue is Pep has targeted Vinny's side knowing he's not as involved in the defensive phase as is expected of wide forwards at this stage of the competition. This game has no room for luxury player attitudes.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Very important point.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

This game reminds me of the WC final

Wha choo looking at?!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

I don't see Real surviving this. City's dominance is too much. I think Ancelotti made a mistake with his back four selection. Why not play Rudiger--who had an excellent game last week--as CB partner for Militao, and play Alaba, a natural LB, out left instead of Camavinga? Bernardo Silva is using Camavinga to drink garri. Camavinga is not a natural LB or a defender. He had a lucky game last week.

Anyway, I will support City in the final. Ancelotti focked up big time here.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:54 pm
maceo4 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:50 pm

Rudiger is not the issue. The issue is Pep has targeted Vinny's side knowing he's not as involved in the defensive phase as is expected of wide forwards at this stage of the competition. This game has no room for luxury player attitudes.

Not sure that is all of it...

Its the deep defensive line that carlo has chosen. He's also choosing to leave the wide players high for the quick release of the deep ball.

The line is so deep they are not even pushing up when the ball leaves their box...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

joplass wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:00 pm

Very important point.
All forward balls into City half easily cut out because there is little mobility upfront
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

joplass wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:44 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:41 pm Guardiola na wizard.
With the kind of money they spend he better be.
Chief, it is much more than the money they spend. The man is a wizard. End of story.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...commentators said RM never came out of their dressing room :lol: :lol:
Well, I hope the Italians do justice in Istanbul.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

A midfield of Valverde -- Tchouameni -- Camavinga would have held the strong, be perfect for his low block in the first half and then in the second half, bring in the magicians to take advantage of a "tired" City.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Valverde has not been pulling his weight in midfield
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...yeah, was Rudiger injured?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:17 pm A midfield of Valverde -- Tchouameni -- Camavinga would have held the strong, be perfect for his low block in the first half and then in the second half, bring in the magicians to take advantage of a "tired" City.

Thought he was going to start with Valverde on right wing as he did last year, with Rodrygo on bench

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:19 pm Valverde has not been pulling his weight in midfield

Been quite poor

Rudiger on

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:23 pm
green4life wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:19 pm Valverde has not been pulling his weight in midfield

Been quite poor

Rudiger on
Medicine after death
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:24 pm
txj wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:23 pm

Been quite poor

Rudiger on
Medicine after death

problem was that deep line...esp without Tchoumeni

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

If not for Courtois…Kai
Super Eagus 4 Life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I am truly stunned by Ancelotti sha. I know people make mistakes, but the result of this mistake was foreseeable. Thats what surprises me.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:34 pm If not for Courtois…Kai
3 point blank saves on Haaland alone!

Wha choo looking at?!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:34 pm If not for Courtois…Kai
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Take am easy, Ndi Dakar. :lol:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

OK. Bye bye Real!! 3-0!

Wha choo looking at?!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

3-0 Mschew
Super Eagus 4 Life!