Madrid vs City (0-4) 1-5 agg

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Madrid vs City (0-4) 1-5 agg

Post by Sleaky72 »

When: Tuesday, May 9
Where: Santiago Bernabeu Stadium, Madrid
Kickoff: 19:00 GMT

Two of the best attacking teams in Europe face off in the Champions League semifinals on Tuesday with Manchester City’s record-breaking Erling Haaland going against Real Madrid’s red-hot attacking trio of Vinicius Jr, Rodrygo and Karim Benzema.

It will be a rematch of last year’s semifinal when Madrid mounted a stunning comeback to get the better of City and went on to win a record-extending 14th title.

City and Haaland are in imperious form. The 22-year-old Norwegian has scored 12 of City’s 26 goals in the Champions League this season. He needs five more to equal Cristiano Ronaldo’s single-season record of 17 goals for Madrid in 2013-14

Manchester City, looking unstoppable at the top of the Premier League, are seeking to become only the second English side to win the Champions League, Premier League and FA Cup treble after their rivals Manchester United achieved the feat in 1999.

Real Madrid, third in La Liga and trailing leaders Barcelona by 14 points, will take heart from winning the Copa del Rey on Saturday for the first time since 2014.

And Madrid have a knack for beating English teams. This season they have knocked out Liverpool and Chelsea while last year they beat Chelsea, City and Liverpool en route to Champions League glory.

Team news
Real Madrid centre back Militao will be suspended for the first leg after picking up his third booking of the tournament in the quarterfinal second victory over Chelsea. Left back Ferland Mendy is expected to miss out due to a calf problem.

Madrid’s 37-year-old playmaker Luka Modric is set to play for Carlo Ancelotti’s side after recovering from a hamstring injury.

City defender Nathan Ake is likely to miss out after picking up an injury during the 2-1 win over Leeds United on Saturday.

Pep Guardiola is set to welcome back City regulars Jake Grealish, John Stones, Rodri and Bernado Silva, who were rested against Leeds. City’s Kevin De Bruyne returned from injury for that game and will likely start on Tuesday.

Head-to-head
The two sides have played each other eight times. Real Madrid have won three games, City have also won three and two were draws.

Form
Real Madrid (Champions League): L W W W W W

Real Madrid (all competitions): W W L W L W

Man City (Champions League): D W D W W D

Man City (all competitions): D W W W W W
Last edited by Sleaky72 on Wed May 17, 2023 9:57 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: UCL SEMI FINALS: Madrid vs City (1st leg)

Post by Comrade Machel »

Madrid shouldn't let city score early. The games I have watched of Madrid they seem to start sow and then grow into the game whereas city come out of the traps flying

I hope Modric and Kroos are at their best to outplay the city midfield

King Benzema :thumbs:
I hope Vinicius turns Kyle Walker inside out and outs the shitters on City defenders and Rodrygo can finish them off

And if Madrid shoot as often as possible they'll get lucky with that useless Brazilian keeper city has between the sticks
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Imagine it’ll be Walker and Akanji tasked with repelling the fleet-footed Favelans. Good battle. Plenty all over the pitch in truth. Erlingbunigwe will be in with some heavyweights tonight, there’s plenty to him, should be able to mix it up and throw ‘em down.

Early wager on a penalty. VARs been mighty quiet of late.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Looking at the chances Bayern missed against City. Loads of them. Criminal. Sane should be in the dock at Spandau court. No such mercy will be forthcoming from Real today. Between Vini, Rodrygo and Benzeeeeeemaaaaaa, I expect City to be spanked today.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Comrade Machel wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:05 pm Madrid shouldn't let city score early. The games I have watched of Madrid they seem to start sow and then grow into the game whereas city come out of the traps flying

I hope Vinicius turns Kyle Walker inside out and outs the shitters on City defenders and Rodrygo can finish them off

And if Madrid shoot as often as possible they'll get lucky with that useless Brazilian keeper city has between the sticks
It doesn't matter if City score early, they will still lose. Vini, Rodrigo and Benzema will be too much to handle for them.

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:19 pm Looking at the chances Bayern missed against City. Loads of them. Criminal. Sane should be in the dock at Spandau court. No such mercy will be forthcoming from Real today. Between Vini, Rodrygo and Benzeeeeeemaaaaaa, I expect City to be spanked today.
the mouth talksports were making saying City has better players than Real..kai the thing shock me
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:31 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:19 pm Looking at the chances Bayern missed against City. Loads of them. Criminal. Sane should be in the dock at Spandau court. No such mercy will be forthcoming from Real today. Between Vini, Rodrygo and Benzeeeeeemaaaaaa, I expect City to be spanked today.
the mouth talksports were making saying City has better players than Real..kai the thing shock me
The English never learn. That's why they have the worst coaches. No worries. They will be given another free lesson today.

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:44 pm
The English never learn. That's why they have the worst coaches. No worries. They will be given another free lesson today.
here is the video
SuperEagles

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The issue is the counter. Real need only win the second ball and spring the ginormous transition. Both outside centrehalves will have their work cut out for them. City have been giving up chances all season, they’ll need to be sure at the back and ruthless up top.

Ali. Liston. Someone’s taking a beating.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Coach wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:01 pm The issue is the counter. Real need only win the second ball and spring the ginormous transition. Both outside centrehalves will have their work cut out for them. City have been giving up chances all season, they’ll need to be sure at the back and ruthless up top.

City will be Arsenal-Etihaded. 4-1 minimum.

Wha choo looking at?!
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:20 pm
Comrade Machel wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:05 pm Madrid shouldn't let city score early. The games I have watched of Madrid they seem to start sow and then grow into the game whereas city come out of the traps flying

It doesn't matter if City score early, they will still lose. Vini, Rodrigo and Benzema will be too much to handle for them.
I pray and hope you are right chief. If City eliminate Madrid I fear they will win the CL :sad:

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Wow. Im shocked. Apart KDB who else would start for Madrid :blink: :bored:

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:07 pm
Coach wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:01 pm The issue is the counter. Real need only win the second ball and spring the ginormous transition. Both outside centrehalves will have their work cut out for them. City have been giving up chances all season, they’ll need to be sure at the back and ruthless up top.

Chief did you have a little extra stuff in your tea :mrgreen: lol
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Sleaky72 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:52 pm

All the extra strong drinks have been used up watching Arsenal games :mrgreen: I need to replenish my stock

Wha choo looking at?!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:56 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:52 pm

All the extra strong drinks have been used up watching Arsenal games :mrgreen: I need to replenish my stock
Lol.
This is a battle of true Euro fball heavyweights.
Madrid’s championship pedigree will be tested
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Any body get link?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Never been a fan of Carbajal but it is what it is.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: UCL semis: Madrid vs City (0-0)

Post by Bigpokey24 »

very boring game
SuperEagles

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Everyone is a defender on this Real team. Look at Vini and Luka putting in the defensive work!

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Goooooooooooollllllaazzzzoooooo!!! Vini!!’nn

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

what a goal
SuperEagles

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

My lord what a goal
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet