Is Andre Onana world´s best keeper?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg
Is Andre Onana world´s best keeper?

Post by The Goddess »

Someone said he was slightly better than Uzoho :o
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Is Andre Onana world´s best keeper?

Post by Kabalega »

NO :!:

Are we smoking & posting again? :)
Onana still flaps at high crosses.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

He is trash.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...at least he play in big league and for big club, ain't that what every player aspire to?
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

mcal wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:29 pm ...at least he play in big league and for big club, ain't that what every player aspire to?
Not really. Some aspire to play for their NT, run the FA and die a little while doing so.
Onana should learn from Eto’o. :thumbs:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Kabalega wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:17 pm NO :!:

Name me a Keeper who doesnt have a weakness. His strengths outweigh his weaknesses.
Last edited by The Goddess on Fri May 12, 2023 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

The Goddess wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:17 am

Name me a Keeper who doesnt have a weakness. His strengths outweighs his weaknesses.
Onana has more than one weakness. The problem is some of his weaknesses are really bad too.
Besides flapping at high crosses, word is he has issues with teammates.

Before you ask to name a player who doesn’t have issues with teammates. I will ask you to name players who quit the NT so close to the WC like Onana.
Word is, he is going to leave his current club due to friction with teammates.

And, how many players got themselves banned for a year for using banned substances? :shock: :laugh:
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Kabalega wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:33 pm

Name me a Keeper who doesnt have a weakness. His strengths outweighs his weaknesses.
Onana has more than one weakness. The problem is some of his weaknesses are really bad too.

Before you ask to name a player who doesn’t have issues with teammates. I will ask you to name players who quit the NT so close to the WC like Onana.

And, how many players got themselves banned for a year for using banned substances? :shock: :laugh:
You definitely do not have a good mastery of the topic. He did not quit the NT close to the WC. He was there, played the first game and was sent home due to poor management.
Moreover, he has no friction with teammates. The so called friction was him trying to impose himself as the "commandante" of the team. Yep, that´s how he describes himself and position.
You re extremely disingenuous to insinuate that someone who reaches the semi finals of the champions league, has a strong chance of getting to the finals and winning the damn thing, doesnt belong to one of the best in world. Shame on you for intellectual dishonesty.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

mcal wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:29 pm ...at least he play in big league and for big club, ain't that what every player aspire to?
there´re too many bad belle people. Someone who might win the champions league is being called trash. Hatorade 101,lol
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

The Goddess wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:48 pm Someone said he was slightly better than Uzoho :o
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Your Goddessness, is Onana your dreamland boyfriend? Jest askin' :biggrin: Some people think he is somewhere around the bottom of the best 400 goalkeepers in the world. :biggrin:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

The Goddess wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:22 pm

You definitely do not have a good mastery of the topic. He did not quit the NT close to the WC. He was there, played the first game and was sent home due to poor management.
Moreover, he has no friction with teammates. The so called friction was him trying to impose himself as the "commandante" of the team. Yep, that´s how he describes himself and position.
You re extremely disingenuous to insinuate that someone who reaches the semi finals of the champions league, has a strong chance of getting to the finals and winning the damn thing, doesnt belong to one of the best in world. Shame on you for intellectual dishonesty.
I touched a nerve?

FYI, for a player to quit a team in the middle of the World Cup (forced or otherwise) is a major red flag. Way worse than leaving before the tournament. The only worse sin I can think of is walking out in the middle of a crucial game.

You conveniently didn’t mention Onana’s banned substance use that earned him a one year ban. Maybe I t was a “mistake” but he lost the appeal and should have known. Losing an appeal doesn’t look good.
By your definition, this crime of omission on your part, is the real intellectual dishonesty.
The so called friction was him trying to impose himself as the "commandante" of the team. Yep, that´s how he describes himself and position
:rotf: :rotf: Imposing himself as a leader? :rotf: :rotf:
Was Onana trying to be the Paul Biya (a dictator, in case you think it’s a good thing) of the Cameroon Lions? :) :rotf: :rotf:
Imagine.a player trying to be a dictator in the middle of the World Cup. How is this OK?
Who wants such toxic behavior disrupting the camp in the middle of a big mission?
For you to see no issue with this, is very troubling.

There are many good goalies around the world who do NOT play in the UEFA champions league. Does that make them worse goalies than Onana? The UEFA champion league is not representative of the whole world.

Before you get unhinged again. I agree, Onana is one of the best; the best 15 goalies in the world. :thumbs: :taunt: :D
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Kabalega wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:09 am

I touched a nerve?

FYI, for a player to quit a team in the middle of the World Cup (forced or otherwise) is a major red flag. Way worse than leaving before the tournament. The only worse sin I can think of is walking out in the middle of a crucial game.

You conveniently didn’t mention Onana’s banned substance use that earned him a one year ban. Maybe I t was a “mistake” but he lost the appeal and should have known. Losing an appeal doesn’t look good.
By your definition, this crime of omission on your part, is the real intellectual dishonesty.
The so called friction was him trying to impose himself as the "commandante" of the team. Yep, that´s how he describes himself and position
Was Onana trying to be the Paul Biya (a dictator, in case you think it’s a good thing) of the Cameroon Lions? :) :rotf: :rotf:
Imagine.a player trying to be a dictator in the middle of the World Cup. How is this OK?
Who wants such toxic behavior disrupting the camp in the middle of a big mission?

There are many good goalies around the world who do NOT play in the UEFA champions league. Does that make them worse goalies than Onana? The UEFA champion league is not representative of the whole world.

Before you get unhinged again. I agree, Onana is one of the best; the best 15 goalies in the world. :thumbs: :taunt: :D
I now understand why Ohsee calls you Mumugandan :roll: Why should I reply to all your points which are filled with half truths and lies? You sound like the tabloids whose sole aim is to cause sensationalism, worse racists who give no one the benefit of the doubt. His ban was reduced from 12 to 9 months becuase they understood such errors can occur. I´m sure you re a perfect human without errors.

I can smell your badbellism from a thousand kilometers. When he wins the champions which is the heighest competition after the world cup, you ll again shift goalposts to justify why he isnt good enough. If they were better Keepers around the world, why arent they known? Onana is there due to his talent and not luck as you ll like to believe.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

ohsee wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 12:15 am
The Goddess wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:48 pm Someone said he was slightly better than Uzoho :o
Your Goddessness, is Onana your dreamland boyfriend? Jest askin' :biggrin: Some people think he is somewhere around the bottom of the best 400 goalkeepers in the world. :biggrin:
Badbelle :mad:

Ohsee how bodi? 8-)
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

The Goddess wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 5:59 pm
Kabalega wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:09 am

I touched a nerve?

I now understand why Ohsee calls you Mumugandan :roll: Why should I reply to all your points which are filled with half truths and lies? You sound like the tabloids whose sole aim is to cause sensationalism, worse racists who give no one the benefit of the doubt. His ban was reduced from 12 to 9 months becuase they understood such errors can occur. I´m sure you re a perfect human without errors.

I can smell your badbellism from a thousand kilometers. When he wins the champions which is the heighest competition after the world cup, you ll again shift goalposts to justify why he isnt good enough. If they were better Keepers around the world, why arent they known? Onana is there due to his talent and not luck as you ll like to believe.
I see the problem is here is your idea of the world is all that revolves around “The Goddess.” :roll:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

The Goddess wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 6:00 pm

Ohsee how bodi? 8-)
:biggrin:
Your Goddessness, bodi still dey inside cloth, but barely. We are suffering the ravages of rampant inflation in Canada. I am retired now, and a grandpapa. Time flies and things change eh?

I grant that Onana is a decent goalkeeper who is much better than Uzoho. But the best in the world? Let us talk about Courtois, let us discuss Ederson, let us argue about Oblak, let us even whisper about Alisson. These are the best in my view.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Ohsee how bodi? 8-)
If Inter Milan wins the UEFA Champions League, he’ll have to be considered among the best in the world. In spite of what the senile ohsee thinks, you don’t get to play for Inter and win the Champions League without being one of the best in the world🙂❗️

Cheers.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 1:49 am

Ohsee how bodi? 8-)
If Inter Milan wins the UEFA Champions League, he’ll have to be considered among the best in the world. In spite of what the senile ohsee thinks, you don’t get to play for Inter and win the Champions League without being one of the best in the world🙂❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTabbyKiller strikes again. :lol: TonyThePoosyCatKiller, if ohsee is senile, what are you given that you are much older than ohsee? Did you not write on this site that you saw "Iron Gate" Obi Okoye play for the Green Eagles at the old Onikan stadium in 1949 long before ohsee was born? :lol: My guy, you have to be deep into your late 80s. :lol:

And what could be more evidence of senility than this wack claim that because a goalkeeper plays in a team that wins the Champions League, he must be among the best in the world? :rotf: :rotf: How about Angelo Peruzzi? Angelo who, you ask? Exactly. What about Stefan Klos? :lol: Exactly. How about Jerzy Dudek? Thank you. Senile old mumu. :biggrin:
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

ohsee wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 3:31 pm

Ohsee how bodi? 8-)
Your Goddessness, bodi still dey inside cloth, but barely. We are suffering the ravages of rampant inflation in Canada. I am retired now, and a grandpapa. Time flies and things change eh?

I grant that Onana is a decent goalkeeper who is much better than Uzoho. But the best in the world? Let us talk about Courtois, let us discuss Ederson, let us argue about Oblak, let us even whisper about Alisson. These are the best in my view.
oblak? you must not be watching much soccer in retirement, i can't blame you for one, you didn't watch much when you were a working man twenty years ago.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

King Futcha wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:48 pm

Ohsee how bodi? 8-)

oblak? you must not be watching much soccer in retirement, i can't blame you for one, you didn't watch much when you were a working man twenty years ago.
Chei! A ta m' ottu agwo. :lol: (I have chopped a snake's queynte; in other words, I have eaten a very bitter thing) Look at? Even useless baseball fans like Frazier are yabbing me. :cry:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Poisoned chalice. At one point, Eggy Mendy was afforded such accolade. Now, he’s mere scrambled egg.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Ohsee how bodi? 8-)

Ohsee, you´re pardonned becuase we in the committee have found your knowledge of soccer wanting. If it was about ancient Egypt, we´ll give you your props. :)

Ill put only Courtois above Onana. Ill say he´s on par with Ederson and above Allison.

What are you doing on retirement? I hope you finally got to writing that book not only changing grandchilds diapers. :taunt:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

The Goddess wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:25 am

Ohsee how bodi? 8-)

Ohsee, you´re pardonned becuase we in the committee have found your knowledge of soccer wanting. If it was about ancient Egypt, we´ll give you your props. :)

Ill put only Courtois above Onana. Ill say he´s on par with Ederson and above Allison.

What are you doing on retirement? I hope you finally got to writing that book not only changing grandchilds diapers. :taunt:
:biggrin: :biggrin:
Your Goddessness, just because you are yabbing me, I will watch Inter vs AC this afternoon. Last game, I fell asleep because it was so boring and AC was not testing Onana. Onana cannot be above Alisson; you have not seen Alisson this season, and if Liverpool makes it to a Champions League spot, it is because of the peerless Alisson. Alisson is Brazil's starting goalkeeper above Ederson. The only problem I have with Alisson is that he makes dumb decisions every 10 games or so, when he tries to dribble when he should just boot the ball into the stands.

I give Onana his props. An African goalkeeper keeping for one of the best clubs in Europe? That's something. But I hesitate to name him the world's best goalkeeper.

What am I doing in my retirement? Yes, you got it. I am pretending to write a book :biggrin: I wake up, go to my desk in my home office, and....and.... turn on CyberEagles. :rotf: After a while, I look at the clock, and good God!!!! Five hours have gone by! :scared: I hurriedly get to work. Five minutes later, I realize I am hungry, so I go to eat lunch. After which I take a nap. A long nap. And when I wake up, I begin the process all over again. :biggrin: The book is coming. Gradually. :biggrin:

Why will I change diapers? Is the pikin's mama not available? What about the pikin's grandmother? If all else fails, I can call on one of my BBJBs :biggrin: They are still hanging around hoping against hope. :biggrin:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Watching the Inter v AC game. Some questions arise:
1) Is Onana even better than Magnan? On the evidence of this game, your Goddessness, I would say no. Magnan has been solid. I'm glad he will be replacing Iloris for my boyz France soon. Onana has not been tested. When AC meet City or Real, he betta be prepared for some real fire to come his way.

2) How did AC get this far? The team is completely useless except for the goalkeeper.

3) Who told Tomori that he is a central defender? The man is having trouble with an old man like Dzeko? Please find the nearest garbage can and put that guy in there. Let him go and play in China or something.