Is Andre Onana world´s best keeper?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Is Andre Onana world´s best keeper?

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I want Onana at Chelsea
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

ohsee wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:03 pm Watching the Inter v AC game. Some questions arise:
1) Is Onana even better than Magnan? On the evidence of this game, your Goddessness, I would say no. Magnan has been solid. I'm glad he will be replacing Iloris for my boyz France soon. Onana has not been tested. When AC meet City or Real, he betta be prepared for some real fire to come his way.

2) How did AC get this far? The team is completely useless except for the goalkeeper.

3) Who told Tomori that he is a central defender? The man is having trouble with an old man like Dzeko? Please find the nearest garbage can and put that guy in there. Let him go and play in China or something.
Ohsee, Onana was in a group with FC Barcelona and Bayern Munchen, and still succeeded to pull through. He has been tested enough before getting to this stage. Secondly, you dont seem to be aware about how modern goalkeeping has evolved. He plays in such a way that, the opponent dont succeed to test him. He has an excellent play with his feet such that his defenders feel comfortable passing him the ball. His style of play minimizes the opponents threat tremendously. I got a feeling this is Inters year.

Maignan is equally very good and might rival with Onana in the future. Ederson and Allison are on a downward spiral.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

By the way what happened to Mendy? Wasnt he like the best goalkeeper last year?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

The Goddess wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:29 pm
ohsee wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:03 pm Watching the Inter v AC game. Some questions arise:
1) Is Onana even better than Magnan? On the evidence of this game, your Goddessness, I would say no. Magnan has been solid. I'm glad he will be replacing Iloris for my boyz France soon. Onana has not been tested. When AC meet City or Real, he betta be prepared for some real fire to come his way.

2) How did AC get this far? The team is completely useless except for the goalkeeper.

3) Who told Tomori that he is a central defender? The man is having trouble with an old man like Dzeko? Please find the nearest garbage can and put that guy in there. Let him go and play in China or something.
Ohsee, Onana was in a group with FC Barcelona and Bayern Munchen, and still succeeded to pull through. He has been tested enough before getting to this stage. Secondly, you dont seem to be aware about how modern goalkeeping has evolved. He plays in such a way that, the opponent dont succeed to test him. He has an excellent play with his feet such that his defenders feel comfortable passing him the ball. His style of play minimizes the opponents threat tremendously. I got a feeling this is Inters year.

Maignan is equally very good and might rival with Onana in the future. Ederson and Allison are on a downward spiral.
OK, your Goddessness. You have made some good arguments, and I will watch Onana some more. We will see when Inter face the Juggernauts from Planet Win, City or Real.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

The Goddess wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:39 pm By the way what happened to Mendy? Wasnt he like the best goalkeeper last year?
Since he came back from winning the CAF, he's been 'ammendying'.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

ohsee wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 3:31 pm
The Goddess wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 6:00 pm
ohsee wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 12:15 am
The Goddess wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:48 pm Someone said he was slightly better than Uzoho :o
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Your Goddessness, is Onana your dreamland boyfriend? Jest askin' :biggrin: Some people think he is somewhere around the bottom of the best 400 goalkeepers in the world. :biggrin:
Badbelle :mad:

Ohsee how bodi? 8-)
:biggrin:
Your Goddessness, bodi still dey inside cloth, but barely. We are suffering the ravages of rampant inflation in Canada. I am retired now, and a grandpapa. Time flies and things change eh?

I grant that Onana is a decent goalkeeper who is much better than Uzoho. But the best in the world? Let us talk about Courtois, let us discuss Ederson, let us argue about Oblak, let us even whisper about Alisson. These are the best in my view.
I watched the first half of City-Madrid. Andd while City is leading 2-0, Courtois has showned why he is so well rated as a goalkeeper. It could have been 4-0 for City.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/pun ... -the-ball/
Rio Ferdinand thinks Inter Milan’s Andre Onana is the definition of a modern day goalkeeper after watching his Champions League display last night.

Andre Onana, who’s linked in the transfer rumour mill as a Chelsea target, is now a Champions League finalist.

Inter Milan beat rivals AC Milan 1-0 on Tuesday night in the second leg of a Champions League semi-final tie, which means they breezed through with a 3-0 aggregate victory.

Onana wasn’t overly worked in yesterday’s showdown at the San Siro, but it was another solid performance to earn his eighth clean sheet of this season’s Champions League tournament.

The 27-year-old’s a safe pair of gloves with authority in his box. His range of passing and composure on the ball is at the highest level, too.

BT Sport pundit Ferdinand was raving about Onana’s range of passing after this week’s Milan derby in the Champions League.

When discussing Onana on BT Sport, Ferdinand said: “Modern day goalkeeper, he’s top class. He takes the ball under pressure, doesn’t panic, and brings the other team onto him, which creates space around that. He plays over or through the press. He was fabulous tonight in doing that.”
FC Internazionale v AC Milan: Semi-Final First Leg - UEFA Champions League
Photo by Emmanuele Ciancaglini/Ciancaphoto Studio/Getty Images

The Telegraph claimed earlier this month that Chelsea are hoping to move into pole position to sign £40million-rated goalkeeper Onana from Inter this summer.

The modern keeper usually needs to be very comfortable in possession to be a success at the highest level. It’s one of the reasons why we’ve given up hope of Blues shot-stopper Edouard Mendy making a renaissance at Stamford Bridge.

As for Kepa Arrizabalaga, he’s the other first-choice goalkeeper at Chelsea that is a lot better on the ball. It does feel like you can’t trust him and a mistake may be around the corner, though.

Onana looks like he could be a fantastic upgrade in the Chelsea starting XI next season if they can convince him to join.

Our worry is that Inter are Champions League finalists this term and have a lot of excitement around them. In contrast, Chelsea have no European football to offer next season and are a mess right now.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

balo wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:40 pm
The Goddess wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:39 pm By the way what happened to Mendy? Wasnt he like the best goalkeeper last year?
Since he came back from winning the CAF, he's been 'ammendying'.
...that's what CAF will do to you.
Win or lose, dem go bend you out of shape, reason why many players do iyanga not play for their country.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

I´m scared for Onana. Hope he doesnt concede a sack of goals. :o
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

The Goddess wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:31 am I´m scared for Onana. Hope he doesnt concede a sack of goals. :o
Pep means business this year for the CL. But game is played on the field. Anything can happen between now and the final.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

camex wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:02 pm https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/pun ... -the-ball/
Rio Ferdinand thinks Inter Milan’s Andre Onana is the definition of a modern day goalkeeper after watching his Champions League display last night.

Andre Onana, who’s linked in the transfer rumour mill as a Chelsea target, is now a Champions League finalist.

Inter Milan beat rivals AC Milan 1-0 on Tuesday night in the second leg of a Champions League semi-final tie, which means they breezed through with a 3-0 aggregate victory.

Onana wasn’t overly worked in yesterday’s showdown at the San Siro, but it was another solid performance to earn his eighth clean sheet of this season’s Champions League tournament.

The 27-year-old’s a safe pair of gloves with authority in his box. His range of passing and composure on the ball is at the highest level, too.

BT Sport pundit Ferdinand was raving about Onana’s range of passing after this week’s Milan derby in the Champions League.

When discussing Onana on BT Sport, Ferdinand said: “Modern day goalkeeper, he’s top class. He takes the ball under pressure, doesn’t panic, and brings the other team onto him, which creates space around that. He plays over or through the press. He was fabulous tonight in doing that.”
FC Internazionale v AC Milan: Semi-Final First Leg - UEFA Champions League
Photo by Emmanuele Ciancaglini/Ciancaphoto Studio/Getty Images

The Telegraph claimed earlier this month that Chelsea are hoping to move into pole position to sign £40million-rated goalkeeper Onana from Inter this summer.

The modern keeper usually needs to be very comfortable in possession to be a success at the highest level. It’s one of the reasons why we’ve given up hope of Blues shot-stopper Edouard Mendy making a renaissance at Stamford Bridge.

As for Kepa Arrizabalaga, he’s the other first-choice goalkeeper at Chelsea that is a lot better on the ball. It does feel like you can’t trust him and a mistake may be around the corner, though.

Onana looks like he could be a fantastic upgrade in the Chelsea starting XI next season if they can convince him to join.

Our worry is that Inter are Champions League finalists this term and have a lot of excitement around them. In contrast, Chelsea have no European football to offer next season and are a mess right now.
His defenders know how to protect him. :thumbs: I only remember one opportunity for him to flail in the air at a high cross. :)
But he is very good at passing the ball. He maybe the best goalie at that. He’s actually better than many outfield EPL players at a passing the ball. :clap:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...he will be under pressure from City's constant half field play. 90 minutes is a long time to defend.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

mcal wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 1:24 pm ...he will be under pressure from City's constant half field play. 90 minutes is a long time to defend.
Remember this is not the EPL and Inter is an Italian team.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Kabalega wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:15 pm
mcal wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 1:24 pm ...he will be under pressure from City's constant half field play. 90 minutes is a long time to defend.
...right, I sure hope they bring Italian flavor.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

mcal wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:20 pm
Kabalega wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:15 pm
...right, I sure hope they bring Italian flavor.
They will need to prevent those high crosses from coming into Onana’s box. You know Pep will ask his boys to send the crosses in for Haaland.
Players on Italian teams are used to defending for 90+ minutes. They are generally street smart too.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

He isn't even the best keeper in Milan
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

airwolex wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:55 pm He isn't even the best keeper in Milan
Who is? Handanovic? :sneaky:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The Goddess wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:37 pm
Who is? Handanovic? :sneaky:
I think he meant Maignan and I agree…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Who is? You❓😀❗️

Cheers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:26 pm
Who is? You❓😀❗️

Cheers.
M a i g n a n….
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

maceo4 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:19 am
Who is? You❓😀❗️

Cheers.
M a i g n a n….
Do you have any credible evidence that Maignan is better than Onana? Statistically this season, Onana has been the better of the two. The most glaring of all the stats is that Onana has played 21 more games than Maignan this season and has 19 clean sheets, 10 more than Maignan… By the way, Onana appears to be headed to Chelsea. Below are some independent opinions❗️

https://www.fctables.com/uploads/infogr ... _onana.jpg

https://www.fctables.com/uploads/infogr ... aignan.jpg

https://football-italia.net/buffon-maig ... alkeepers/

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:34 am
maceo4 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:19 am
Who is? You❓😀❗️

Cheers.
M a i g n a n….
Do you have any credible evidence that Maignan is better than Onana? Statistically this season, Onana has been the better of the two. The most glaring of all the stats is that Onana having played 21 more games than Maignan this season and has 19 clean sheets, 10 more than Maignan… By the way, Onana appears to be headed to Chelsea. Below are some independent opinions❗️

https://www.fctables.com/uploads/infogr ... _onana.jpg

https://www.fctables.com/uploads/infogr ... aignan.jpg

https://football-italia.net/buffon-maig ... alkeepers/

Cheers.
Thanks Tony, people just talk for talking sake. While Maignan is very good, he´s yet to be consistent. They´ll defintely be rivals in the future. Guys like Ederson, Allison, Courtois have reached their peak and can only go down.