“La Liga belongs to racists" - Vinicius after Valencia abuse

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
iworo
Egg
Egg
“La Liga belongs to racists" - Vinicius after Valencia abuse

Post by iworo »

”La Liga belongs to racists" - Vinicius after Valencia abuse

Vinicius said "Spain is known as a country of racists" after abusive chants were directed towards him at Valencia

Real Madrid's Vinicius Junior said "La Liga belongs to racists" after being subjected to racist chants at Valencia.

The 22-year-old was dismissed for violent conduct on 97 minutes after an altercation with Hugo Duro.

Earlier in the game, an incensed Vinicius attempted to bring a Valencia fan to the referee's attention.

"The championship that once belonged to Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Cristiano and Messi today belongs to racists," he wrote on Instagram.

"It wasn't the first time, nor the second, nor the third. Racism is normal in La Liga. The competition thinks it's normal, the Federation does too and the opponents encourage it.

"A beautiful nation, which welcomed me and which I love, but which agreed to export the image of a racist country to the world. I'm sorry for the Spaniards who don't agree, but today, in Brazil, Spain is known as a country of racists.

"And unfortunately, for everything that happens each week, I have no defence. I agree. But I am strong and I will go to the end against racists. Even if far from here."

In a statement, La Liga said it has been "fighting against this kind of behaviour for years, as well as promoting the positive values of sport, not only on the field of play, but also off it".

Vinicius Jr was sent off by referee Ricardo de Burgos Bengoetxea

'An entire stadium chanting racist slurs'

The Brazil forward has been the subject of racist abuse numerous times this season in La Liga.

The game was momentarily paused in the second half as the Real forward reacted angrily to an incident in the stands.

He was fired up from that moment and was sent off for the first time in La Liga for his involvement in an altercation between the two sets of players.

His manager Carlo Ancelotti said the game should have been stopped because of the abuse directed at his player.

"What we saw today is unacceptable. An entire stadium chanting racist slurs," the Italian said.

"I don't want to talk about football today, there is no meaning in talking about football today. I told the referee he should have stopped the match.

"La Liga has a problem. For me Vinicius is the most important player in the world. La Liga has a problem, these episodes of racism have to stop the match.

"It's the entire stadium that is insulting a player with racist chants and the match has to stop. I would say the same if we were winning 3-0, there is no other way."

Ancelotti said Vinicius' reaction was "understandable" in the circumstances.

"I asked him if he wanted to keep playing, and he stayed in the game," the former Milan midfielder added.

"Vinicius is very sad, he is angry. Something like this can't happen in the world we live in."

La Liga has said it will investigate the incident while Valencia released a statement on their website condemning it and confirming they will investigate.

"Valencia CF wishes to publicly condemn any type of insult, attack or disqualification in football," the statement read.

"The club, in its commitment to the values of respect and sport, publicly reaffirms its position against physical and verbal violence in stadiums and regrets the events that occurred.

"Although this is an isolated episode, insults to any player from the rival team have no place in football and do not fit in with the values and identity of Valencia CF.

"The club is investigating what happened and will take the most severe measures."

La Liga said it would take "appropriate legal action" if any hate crime is identified and called on people to submit any relevant footage.

The statement said it had been proactive after previous racist abuse against Vinicius, and had filed nine reports in the last two seasons to legal authorities in Spain.

Ancelotti has criticised La Liga following the abuse directed at his player

Former England and Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand questioned how much support Vinicius is receiving in a post on Instagram.

"Bro you need protecting.... who is protecting Vinicius Junior in Spain??" he wrote.

"How many times do we need to see this young man subjected to this? I see pain, I see disgust, I see him needing help... and the authorities don't help him.

"People need to stand together and demand more from the authorities that run our game.

"No-one deserves this, yet you are allowing it. There needs to be a unified approach to this otherwise it will be swept under the carpet AGAIN."

Real Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois said he heard some "monkey noises" after 20 minutes and said he would have walked off with Vinicius if his team-mate chose to stop playing.

"If Vini wants to keep playing, we keep playing, but if Vini says he's not playing any more, I'm leaving the pitch with him, because we cannot tolerate these things," Courtois told Movistar.

Brazilian football federation (CBF) president Ednaldo Rodrigues also expressed his disgust with the incident.

"How long are we going to experience, in the middle of the 21st century, episodes like the one we just witnessed, once again, in La Liga?" he wrote in a statement released by the CBF on Instagram.

"How long will humanity remain just a spectator and an accomplice in cruel acts of racism?"

Diego Lopez got the only goal of the game in the 33rd minute for the home side.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65666613

Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: “La Liga belongs to racists" - Vinicius after Valencia abuse

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Racists are and will forever remain the worse form of scum the Earth has produced.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...this kid let them get to him, after all he is not the only black player on the field.
Racism can be psychological, one need to develop thick skin to fend them off.
It may not be easy, but it works.
It's often a fall back for losers.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

mcal wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:08 am ...this kid let them get to him, after all he is not the only black player on the field.

In other words, it is his fault! For not developing a thick skin...

You are unbelievable...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

txj wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:05 pm
mcal wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:08 am ...this kid let them get to him, after all he is not the only black player on the field.

You are unbelievable...
...you right, you don't have to believe me.
Learn to snub a racist, don't let them cause you to lose your marbles.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

mcal wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:01 pm

You are unbelievable...

In otherwords, its the victim's fault?

How does that even begin to make sense to you?

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:25 pm

You are unbelievable...

You read his comment and you engaged him. You try well well. After all, if you dont wear short skirt or you dont leave your home, you wouldnt be raped. Next time, wear jeans!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

You are unbelievable...
You’re wrong bro :mad:. There comes a time and a place where someone has to stand up to these racist losers and make sure they are held accountable. Talk about challenging the status quo! Give the guy some respect dude!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

iworo wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:14 pm

You are unbelievable...
You’re wrong bro :mad:. There comes a time and a place where someone has to stand up to these racist losers and make sure they are held accountable. Talk about challenging the status quo! Give the guy some respect dude!
..."time and place"? where is the time and a place?
He reacted in public, see what it got him. Ejection and a cut in pay I assume.
Ignore ignore, he is not the only player on the field.
To punish a racist, or the racists in this case, put the ball in the net, multiple times will do.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

You are unbelievable...

...no, I never said that, for being black.
It is his fault for reacting the way he did, hence the punishment he got.
The racists have gone home and glad they achieved their objective.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

mcal wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:54 pm

You are unbelievable...

...no, I never said that, for being black.
It is his fault for reacting the way he did, hence the punishment he got.
The racists have gone home and glad they achieved their objective.

You said exactly that it is his fault for not having a thick skin...
It is his fault for being hurt and visibly upset at being racially insulted, rather than have a thick skin.

I mean, its hard to fathom the logic behind this...

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

txj wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:37 pm
You said exactly that it is his fault for not having a thick skin...
It is his fault for being hurt and visibly upset at being racially insulted, rather than have a thick skin.

I mean, its hard to fathom the logic behind this...
...figure of speech being misunderstood? ok, got yah, case closed.
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

mcal, just STOP!! I once told a few grown men over lunch at work that any man who suggested that ladies should dress less provocatively to avoid being raped should have their head examined, one of them called me privately later to try and "reason" with me that they were just making some points about personal safety, etc and I replied with the same statement - "any may even remotely suggesting that victims of rape should somehow dress in a certain way to be safer needs their head examined". I hope you are able to apply this point to this discussion.
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

MCAL, you’re a decent fella.
Please rethink your stance here.
The persons to blame are the racist swine.
People react differently to things.
The onus to change is on the perp …
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

That's the problem with blacks in general: you will always get one or two who will chose to blame the victim when the evidence is there to be seen just because they want to be different. Why can't they be different for a good cause?
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

Vini Jnr. himself has posted a compilation of some of the pattern of racial abuses he has been subjected to below. Obviously, this appears not to be a one-off event, and he had had enough of their nonsense. He needs to leave that stupid place asap. Didn't they do the same thing to Samuel Eto'o when he played in Spain?

[tweet][/tweet]
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

gosh wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:55 pm Vini Jnr. himself has posted a compilation of some of the pattern of racial abuses he has been subjected to below. Obviously, this appears not to be a one-off event, and he had had enough of their nonsense. He needs to leave that stupid place asap. Didn't they do the same thing to Samuel Eto'o when he played in Spain?

[tweet][/tweet]
Utterly disgraceful.
I hope he can leave that league.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

gosh wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:55 pm Vini Jnr. himself has posted a compilation of some of the pattern of racial abuses he has been subjected to below. Obviously, this appears not to be a one-off event, and he had had enough of their nonsense. He needs to leave that stupid place asap. Didn't they do the same thing to Samuel Eto'o when he played in Spain?

[tweet][/tweet]
Imagine being such a lowlife that you resort to racism because of a damn game.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

you people think that mcal counts...smh..anyone who blames the victim here is a joke.. I guess those kids that were killed due to school shootings, nah dem fault...smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

The response by the La Liga president shows the thought process of those who should actually be doing something about this.
After the match, Vinicius and Tebas were involved in a row on Twitter, after the Brazilian said La Liga "belongs to racists" and "in Brazil, Spain is known as a country of racists".

Tebas responded by saying Vinicius twice did not turn up for a meeting to discuss what it "can do in cases of racism", adding: "Before you criticise and slander La Liga, you need to inform yourself properly."
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65678382
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

The issue has always been there and now it took for the abuse to be against a Real Madrid/Black Brazilian player for them to stand up and take serious notice.
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Cito wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:59 pm The response by the La Liga president shows the thought process of those who should actually be doing something about this.
After the match, Vinicius and Tebas were involved in a row on Twitter, after the Brazilian said La Liga "belongs to racists" and "in Brazil, Spain is known as a country of racists".

Tebas responded by saying Vinicius twice did not turn up for a meeting to discuss what it "can do in cases of racism", adding: "Before you criticise and slander La Liga, you need to inform yourself properly."
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65678382
...oh well.

Never let them get to you, because if they do, they know your weakness. Again how many people were punished in that stadium that day? Only one, a player was ejected, and will also pay with money/fine.

An antiperspirant commercial back in the 1980s go like this "never let them see you sweat"
Then Denver broncos coach made it popular.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Sleaky72 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:03 am
MCAL, you’re a decent fella.
Please rethink your stance here.
The persons to blame are the racist swine.
People react differently to things.
The onus to change is on the perp …
...not blaming the player any way.
My stance remains, don't let them get to you.
Is he gonna fight thousands of them?
Now that it has gone this far at least for him, he need to leave the country.