FA Cup Final: Will Haaland break the easy peasy “60 goals” barrier

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg
Re: FA Cup Final: Will Haaland break the easy peasy “60 goals” barrier

Post by theDunamis »

ohsee wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:10 am Yes. :biggrin:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

theDunamis wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:10 am
ohsee wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:10 am Yes. :biggrin:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:biggrin:
Oga m Dunamis, what is laffing you? Do you remember my original post? I said if he wins this final, he deserves the genius tag. If he wins the final he will join an elite group of two managers--Carlo Ancelotti (4) and Zizou (3) :thumbs: who have won 3.

Do you remember what you said in your first post? Let me remind you. :biggrin:
Pep deserves his kudos without a doubt but I think this genius tag is taking things too far and not considering the full picture.
Now let me ask you, do you think you are considering "the full picture" when you narrow your requirements for the "genius" tag to only Champion's League trophy wins? Yes, wins are important, and if you win 3 you now belong to an elite circle of only 3 managers. But you must agree that it does not take into consideration the full picture. So let us look at the complete picture. :biggrin:

Pep has been a perennial challenger for the Champions League title. Is that not important? How about a perennial challenger for the Champions League title with 3 different teams in three different leagues? Before this season, he took Barca, Bayern and City to 3 quarter-finals, 5 semi-finals, and one final. And won 2 times. How many people have such a record? Please, I agree with you, the full picture is very important. :biggrin:

For more full picture, we can't just restrict things to the Champions League; that excludes what he does in the daily grind of his job for only the flash points. How about if we look at the fact that in his very first season as a senior manager, he took a failing Barcelona to win everything winnable? He did the treble that he is threatening to do right now, and created the "tika-taka, ferocious pressing when you don't have the ball" style of play that made Barca the most feared team in the world. In his first season. How many managers have done that?

What about winning league titles where ever he goes? Does that not count? Was there ever any doubt that City would run down Arsenal and claim their third straight title of the Premiership? Yes my guy, I agree with you, we must consider everything, not just how many times he won the Champions League. :biggrin: The full picture tells us unequivocally that if Pep wins on Saturday, he is the genius that ohsee thinks he is. :biggrin:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

The question remains... how has he done it? :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:39 am The question remains... how has he done it? :D
:rotf: :rotf:
Epl defenders :thumbs:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Comrade Machel wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:55 am
The YeyeMan wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:39 am The question remains... how has he done it? :D
:rotf: :rotf:
Epl defenders :thumbs:
I'm asking about Pep.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.