Will Serie A go 0-3 in Euro Finals?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Will Serie A go 0-3 in Euro Finals?

Post by green4life »

It's all good getting to the finals but if you don't win it, unfortunately it doesn't count.

Only Man City stands in the way ... How manage? :???:
joao
Egg
Egg
Re: Will Serie A go 0-3 in Euro Finals?

Post by joao »

green4life wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:23 pm It's all good getting to the finals but if you don't win it, unfortunately it doesn't count.

Nothing to be ashamed about. You can discount the fact that the league is very competitive.
Compare Serie A winners of the league in the five years to what obtains in the EPL. If Man City
cannot beat Inter Milan coming Saturday, that will mean a lot.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

green4life wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:23 pm It's all good getting to the finals but if you don't win it, unfortunately it doesn't count.

can we say the same for the Bundesliga or La-Liga? Only one team wins a final. Chelsea defeated City 2 seasons ago, They also knocked out Real.. those teams are better than Chelsea. The Seria A is coming back, and what they've done so far this season is massive from the days of West, Ronaldo, Kanu etc

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

I won't be surprised if Inter win this thing. They are the type of team that frustrates Pep teams all game and then kills them with one counter. It's going to be an intriguing game for sure. Of course, if Inter make a mistake early, and City score first, all bets are off. They will be done.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

ohsee wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:50 pm I won't be surprised if Inter win this thing. They are the type of team that frustrates Pep teams all game and then kills them with one counter. It's going to be an intriguing game for sure. Of course, if Inter make a mistake early, and City score first, all bets are off. They will be done.
I have rooted against City and Pep all year, but now I actually want them to win this cup. Of course, NOW that I want City to win, watch Inter use classic Italian smash and grab to steal the cup.

Intriguing game for sure. One for the soccer purists.

Wha choo looking at?!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:37 pm
ohsee wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:50 pm I won't be surprised if Inter win this thing. They are the type of team that frustrates Pep teams all game and then kills them with one counter. It's going to be an intriguing game for sure. Of course, if Inter make a mistake early, and City score first, all bets are off. They will be done.
I have rooted against City and Pep all year, but now I actually want them to win this cup. Of course, NOW that I want City to win, watch Inter use classic Italian smash and grab to steal the cup.

I'm like you Chief, I have not liked Pep for years, especially after observing what he seemed to do to my players like Eto and Yaya, (I want to include Mangala, but it is Mangala who harmed himself by letting the English media get to him, and returning to City after an outstanding season at Valencia in an effort to please someone who did not really want him) and hearing stories of his micro-managing megalomania. But.... One has to speak truth, and the truth is that Pep is an incredible manager despite all his faults. I too want him to win today, but I suspect that Inter may do the smash and grab in a few hours. A one-off game can be very dangerous for favourites.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohsee wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:14 pm

I'm like you Chief, I have not liked Pep for years, especially after observing what he seemed to do to my players like Eto and Yaya, (I want to include Mangala, but it is Mangala who harmed himself by letting the English media get to him, and returning to City after an outstanding season at Valencia in an effort to please someone who did not really want him) and hearing stories of his micro-managing megalomania. But.... One has to speak truth, and the truth is that Pep is an incredible manager despite all his faults. I too want him to win today, but I suspect that Inter may do the smash and grab in a few hours. A one-off game can be very dangerous for favourites.
Yeah, Pep is very hard to like. I don't want to say for certain but he might have certain typical old-fashioned European attitudes concerning intelligence or lack thereof where African players are concerned. Or maybe he simply cannot work with outspoken, headstrong players like Eto'o and Yaya? Give the man his due, though. He learned very, very well from the ideas of the Dutch master Cruijff and has possibly surpassed him in the application of his own ideas. His teams are beautiful to watch, and dangerously effective to boot.

I keep wondering though, how much of the credit for City's success this season can be attributed to the magical play of de Bruyne? If De Bruyne is off his game can City still be as lethal? I'm eager to see how Inzaghi tries to handle him today.

Wha choo looking at?!
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Good luck Inter.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Good score for Inter at this junction.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Alas they did. Congrats to City!

Wha choo looking at?!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Unfortunately, Inter didn't seem to understand what it meant to transition fast in a counter attack. They found simple passes an arduous thing to do. Too many turnovers in midfield. They actually played better when Man City had the ball.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Oh well, as we say back home, they have tried. 0-3 for serie A in the finals.

City was poor on the day and won thanks to inter’s ultra conservative tactics and Lukaku showing why being a big fish small pond rarely leads to professional growth. It is what it is :dream:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

green4life wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:07 pm Oh well, as we say back home, they have tried. 0-3 for serie A in the finals.

City was poor on the day and won thanks to inter’s ultra conservative tactics and Lukaku showing why being a big fish small pond rarely leads to professional growth. It is what it is :dream:
Na only Lukaku? Lautaro Martinez stunk up the joint real bad yesterday as well. This is where money has the final say. Italian teams mostly can only afford B list strikers.

Wha choo looking at?!
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:54 pm

Yeah, Pep is very hard to like. I don't want to say for certain but he might have certain typical old-fashioned European attitudes concerning intelligence or lack thereof where African players are concerned. Or maybe he simply cannot work with outspoken, headstrong players like Eto'o and Yaya? Give the man his due, though. He learned very, very well from the ideas of the Dutch master Cruijff and has possibly surpassed him in the application of his own ideas. His teams are beautiful to watch, and dangerously effective to boot.

I keep wondering though, how much of the credit for City's success this season can be attributed to the magical play of de Bruyne? If De Bruyne is off his game can City still be as lethal? I'm eager to see how Inzaghi tries to handle him today.
City don't have superstars, their system doesn't rely on single players to perform. DeBruyne can be out and they'll still pull off incredible performances. If there's one player that's crucial to their style it won't even be DeBruyne, it's Rodri.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Mr. Piffington wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:06 am

City don't have superstars, their system doesn't rely on single players to perform. DeBruyne can be out and they'll still pull off incredible performances. If there's one player that's crucial to their style it won't even be DeBruyne, it's Rodri.
That's a bit of an oversimplification. De Bryune has been key to their offensive explosiveness this season. Take him out and they struggle.

Wha choo looking at?!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:58 pm
Mr. Piffington wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:06 am

That's a bit of an oversimplification. De Bryune has been key to their offensive explosiveness this season. Take him out and they struggle.
Both assertions are correct for me: KDB and Rodri are their 2 most important players. But the fact that half the time Rodri is their most important player IMO speaks volumes and he’s still improving. An amazing player.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Inter running riot on the Viola. 3-0
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Michael Kayode, 19y/o defender an unused sub for the Viola

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I follow MC closely because Kovacic and Gvardiol are there. Pep seems to know a few important things that elude many managers. He knows quality players and develops an optimal system for them. As might be expect, he doesn't have much tolerance for dissent.

He did it at Barca. He's doing it now at MC. Time will tell if MC can be a Barca or RM, but they sure look good for the money...the exception being I don't think they have 1 out and out dominator like Messi or CR...or even a GOAT supporting cast player like Iniesta, Xavi, or Modric.

Football seems to be in a transitionary cycle regarding such players. Some generations are more talented than others. We will see if Bellingham, Camavinga, Gvaridiol, even Halaand, pan out. I for sure don't see a Messi or CR on the horizon.

So, for me, it seems it will be more which team can be greater than the sum of some good parts. MC seems it will be. But not enough to be like Barca and RM were. We will see.

But...who better than Pep?
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

mate wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:36 pm I follow MC closely because Kovacic and Gvardiol are there. Pep seems to know a few important things that elude many managers. He knows quality players and develops an optimal system for them. As might be expect, he doesn't have much tolerance for dissent.

He did it at Barca. He's doing it now at MC. Time will tell if MC can be a Barca or RM, but they sure look good for the money...the exception being I don't think they have 1 out and out dominator like Messi or CR...or even a GOAT supporting cast player like Iniesta, Xavi, or Modric.

Football seems to be in a transitionary cycle regarding such players. Some generations are more talented than others. We will see if Bellingham, Camavinga, Gvaridiol, even Halaand, pan out. I for sure don't see a Messi or CR on the horizon.

So, for me, it seems it will be more which team can be greater than the sum of some good parts. MC seems it will be. But not enough to be like Barca and RM were. We will see.

110 charges. Enough said...

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

txj wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:53 pm
mate wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:36 pm I follow MC closely because Kovacic and Gvardiol are there. Pep seems to know a few important things that elude many managers. He knows quality players and develops an optimal system for them. As might be expect, he doesn't have much tolerance for dissent.

I haven't followed the charges closely enough. But did MC really do something EGREGIOUSLY wrong for a DECISIVE competitive advantage?

I took a quick look here just now and find MC is 6th in the EPL across 5 years.

https://www.football365.com/news/transf ... d-man-city

It seems to reinforce at least that Pep & Co know how to spend intelligently and assemble correctly.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

mate wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:59 pm

I haven't followed the charges closely enough. But did MC really do something EGREGIOUSLY wrong for a DECISIVE competitive advantage?

It seems to reinforce at least that Pep & Co know how to spend intelligently and assemble correctly.

They cooked the books

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

txj wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:24 am
mate wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:59 pm

They cooked the books

Any details? Did it give a DECISIVE and EGREGIOUSLY unfair advantage?

I ask because so much sordid stuff has gone down over the years. Some of it not formally recorded. For years in big leagues, a minority of teams got favors, perks, and referee bias.

Cooking books to me is lying about income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow. An egregious example giving an unfair example would be paying way more for players than reported. Putting some money under the table.