CITY WINS the UEFA SUPERCUP

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CITY WINS the UCL and the TREBLE

Post by Kabalega »

Comrade Machel wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:53 am
Kabalega wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:19 pm
Comrade Machel wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:05 pm
Thelastoneleft wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:18 am Lukaku is a donkey
He proves some people are just born lucky. How he got this far I'll never know
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Two pages back, people were demanding for Lukaku. One even posted about Lukaku bringing pace and good shots. :lol:
Clearly they haven’t seen Lukaku in this season. :)

I thiught he would surprise me by being good on the day

But proved my point, he still did more than Dzeko did
Lukakau is still recovering his form after injury. In the last few games he struggled to sprint. You could see the effort but the body didn’t respond. The shooting was off too.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

What a Goal by Sevilla to take the lead in the Supercup. City looking to respond
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Lol the stigma of Spurs follows.
Lamela should have made it 2-0
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

City are just so good that it takes going to a back five as your only chance against this mob…this Bono is some goalie
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Penalty kicks.
Cmon Bono!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Damn these two teams are sending rockets to either corner of the net. Goalies have no chance … so far
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

4-4.
Never seen such well taken PKs.
Kyle Walker for the 5th.
Oh my goodness Bono how did ya not save that.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Sevilla has to score to stay alive.
And he misses off the crossbar and City are Supercup Champs!

Sevilla will rue so many missed clear chances
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CITY WINS the UEFA SUPERCUP

Post by Coach »

Gvardiol’s performance. Will assume it early season jitters. Absolutely awful. Went full Maguire.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Coach wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:08 am Gvardiol’s performance. Will assume it early season jitters. Absolutely awful. Went full Maguire.
Couldn’t disagree more. He was pretty good considering he’s only getting used to Pep’s system.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Often out of position, easily countered, mistakes aplenty. Fitness and newness perhaps. 5/10 match rating globally. Early days.

Interesting questions afoot. Does he play vs Newcastle? Like that and there’s big problems.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:09 am Often out of position, easily countered, mistakes aplenty. Fitness and newness perhaps. 5/10 match rating globally. Early days.

Interesting questions afoot. Does he play vs Newcastle? Like that and there’s big problems.
:shock: :shock:
Chineke God of all football! So City is still at it? Collecting players from everywhere and anywhere? Why buy Gvardiol? Having Dias, Akanji, Stones, Ake, and Laporte, all internationals and quality center backs, is not enough? You must add one more, another quality international centerback? How many teams have two international centerbacks, not to talk of six? I don vex. I must hate City and the notorious chequebook manager even more. :mad:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

They’re playing with 4 centre-backs more often than not, with Stones stepping into midfield. Laporte is rumoured to be a target for the Saudi PL, surely any of Europe’s elite looking for a solid lefty would step in.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Coach wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:09 am Often out of position, easily countered, mistakes aplenty. Fitness and newness perhaps. 5/10 match rating globally. Early days.

Do you put much credence into the ratings? I often find them way off the mark.

Gvardiol did not play poorly, albeit not dominantly. He's 21. But he showed the touch that made him excel in a few seasons at Leipzig and for Croatia at the WC.

He has immense expectations. But aside from Messi, CR, Neymar, I can't recall a highly touted kid who immediately became The Player. If anybody can develop him, it will be Guardiola and MC.

Time will tell.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

We must have been watching two different players because the Gvardiol I watched played well. For me, it was Akanji that was City's weakest link.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Mr. Piffington wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:53 am

We must have been watching two different players because the Gvardiol I watched played well. For me, it was Akanji that was City's weakest link.

I'm Croatian and vested in Gvardiol...but I never spare criticism, being worse than a CE!

:)

Gvardiol looked really good. His touch, dribbling, and calm in tight spaces were evident. Rare for a big defender, speed and strength too.

Honestly, to me it looked more a matter of IQ than ability. He's young and learning, not least how MC plays. He's still got positional development to work on.

But I have a hope he can be the leader and dominator at CB that Modric was at CM. That is all Croatia needs, as we have the supporting cast otherwise to remain a top NT. So yes, I'm rooting for MC now!

smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

MC has two quality Croats now. So @mate should be supporting them twice :D
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

smallpikin wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:42 am MC has two quality Croats now. So @mate should be supporting them twice :D

Believe me...I am going out of my way to watch EVERY MC game now.

USA sucks. So far I can watch only on Fubo, which is a rip off. I already subscribe to a bunch of services.

It's the usual nickel and dime BS that I hate about the corporate world.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Okay I saw the game…and both Croatians did really well. Solid if not rampant victory over Newcastle.

I’m watching every MC game now.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

mate wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:52 pm Okay I saw the game…and both Croatians did really well. Solid if not rampant victory over Newcastle.

The Croatians were quite good even though the score line didn’t reflect the gap in quality between City and the Northern Hackers. NewStoke United were a bloody disgrace, more interested in creating bone fractures than real scoring chances
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:25 am
mate wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:52 pm Okay I saw the game…and both Croatians did really well. Solid if not rampant victory over Newcastle.

The Croatians were quite good even though the score line didn’t reflect the gap in quality between City and the Northern Hackers. NewStoke United were a bloody disgrace, more interested in creating bone fractures than real scoring chances
That’s football. Usually a low scoring game gives the inferior team a chance. MC was superior in all respects.

But I was surprised how ineffective Haaland was. He needs to work on ball control and close passing. He’s a pure striker who can develop a bit more.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Interesting acquisition. Doku has all the attributes to be a fabulous wide forward, blistering pace, adept in the dribble and decent output with both feet. Occasional overdoes it, retains the ball for too long and has the inconsistency almost quintessential in such talents (ASM, Adama Traore etc). Will be interesting to see how Guardiola works this. Seldom has he been the type to indulge the dribbler. Impact sub perhaps. In the beginning.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Pep had surgery today?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg