How come a Senegalese player is named Nicolas Jackson

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
How come a Senegalese player is named Nicolas Jackson

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bobo was born in the Gambia. I am aware of French names, or the norm like Sadio, ElHad, Aliou, Cisses etc...however he is the first named JAckson .. Is he really from Senegal?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: How come a Senegalese player is named Nicolas Jackson

Post by Kabalega »

What’s in a name?

He could easily change his name to “The baller formerly known as Nicholas Jackson.:)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

He is a pure Gambian bobo. He is a Krio or Aku boy (mostly descendants of freed slaves who came from places like Salone hundreds of years ago - my grandma is Krio and her last name was Yorke) who was born and raised in Banjul and developed by Gambian coaches where he played for a club side called Waa Banjul in Div, 2 and Div 3. There are pictures of him in the league line-ups.

Senegal stole him from Gambia and has now invented a new story about his background that he was raised in Ziguinchorr which is a huge lie. His mom is from Ziguinchorr and he was spotted by Diomansys Kamara playing pickup football while visiting his mom. He was subsequently recruited by Casas Sport in Senegal where he played for barely a season before Villarreal snapped him up and the rest is history. He's now at Chelsea but the thing that slightly disturbs us Gambians is how he has cut Gambia out of his life story. There's no true success in life when you fail to recognize those that helped raise and develop you.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

This is his pic in the Gambian league:

Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YUJAM wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:31 pm He is a pure Gambian bobo. He is a Krio or Aku boy (mostly descendants of freed slaves who came from places like Salone hundreds of years ago - my grandma is Krio and her last name was Yorke) who was born and raised in Banjul and developed by Gambian coaches where he played for a club side called Waa Banjul in Div, 2 and Div 3. There are pictures of him in the league line-ups.

Senegal stole him from Gambia and has now invented a new story about his background that he was raised in Ziguinchorr which is a huge lie. His mom is from Ziguinchorr and he was spotted by Diomansys Kamara playing pickup football while visiting his mom. He was subsequently recruited by Casas Sport in Senegal where he played for barely a season before Villarreal snapped him up and the rest is history. He's now at Chelsea but the thing that slightly disturbs us Gambians is how he has cut Gambia out of his life story. There's no true success in life when you fail to recognize those that helped raise and develop you.
thanks, I was researching his background late yesterday, I even heard him speak , so how did Gambia let this bobo slip through.
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YUJAM wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:33 pm This is his pic in the Gambian league:

wow
SuperEagles

smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

Good article on the brother in the Guardian. Here—> https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... to-chelsea
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

smallpikin wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:38 pm Good article on the brother in the Guardian. Here—> https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... to-chelsea
Na tori. He played in the Gambian league where he showed immense potential in Div 2 and 3. Anyway I won't talk about him any longer. I hope be excels at Chelsea
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YUJAM wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:42 pm
smallpikin wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:38 pm Good article on the brother in the Guardian. Here—> https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... to-chelsea
Na tori. He played in the Gambian league where he showed immense potential in Div 2 and 3. Anyway I won't talk about him any longer. I hope be excels at Chelsea
Uncle, this one vex you :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YUJAM wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:31 pm He is a pure Gambian bobo. He is a Krio or Aku boy (mostly descendants of freed slaves who came from places like Salone hundreds of years ago - my grandma is Krio and her last name was Yorke) who was born and raised in Banjul and developed by Gambian coaches where he played for a club side called Waa Banjul in Div, 2 and Div 3. There are pictures of him in the league line-ups.

thats sadly unfortunate. Usually, when people cut a huge chunk of their lives out, its usually due to trauma. I wonder what it is. It simply cant be "i now play for Senegal, so they have to love me." It has to be deeper than that.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

You are spot on about the trauma bit. Maybe he feels that he did not get a chance in Gambia. But the problem is there are people, who have nothing compared to him but helped him develop his game, that he hasn't acknowledged. That's troubling to me

danfo driver wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:48 pm

thats sadly unfortunate. Usually, when people cut a huge chunk of their lives out, its usually due to trauma. I wonder what it is. It simply cant be "i now play for Senegal, so they have to love me." It has to be deeper than that.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Yujam, how did yall let this gem end up playing for Senegal?
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:59 am Yujam, how did yall let this gem end up playing for Senegal?
Yujam has warned you not to mention this boy's name in his presence again :rotf: :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:16 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:59 am Yujam, how did yall let this gem end up playing for Senegal?
Yujam has warned you not to mention this boy's name in his presence again :rotf: :rotf:
Imagine if they had him... oh boy i would beat my chest and say Gambia will be in WC 2026
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YUJAM wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:52 pm You are spot on about the trauma bit. Maybe he feels that he did not get a chance in Gambia. But the problem is there are people, who have nothing compared to him but helped him develop his game, that he hasn't acknowledged. That's troubling to me

danfo driver wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:48 pm

Hey Yujam, I just pondered if you saw his debut for Chelsea

SuperEagles

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Chief BigPokey
The boy is looking good.

Gambia doesn't deserve him. Our football is too disorganized and corrupt even though we've made some good strides. Football is more decentralized and more stars are being produced. Watch out for a kid called Yankuba Minteh who is on loan at Feyenord from Newcase.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Chief BigPokey
The boy is looking good.

Gambia doesn't deserve him. Our football is too disorganized and corrupt even though we've made some good strides. Football is more decentralized and more stars are being produced. Watch out for a kid called Yankuba Minteh who is on loan at Feyenord from Newcastle.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YUJAM wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:28 am Chief BigPokey
The boy is looking good.

Gambia doesn't deserve him. Our football is too disorganized and corrupt even though we've made some good strides. Football is more decentralized and more stars are being produced. Watch out for a kid called Yankuba Minteh who is on loan at Feyenord from Newcastle.
yes i am aware of him had a thread about him signed by Newcastle
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=312958
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

You obviously have not heard of a certain Bola Ahmed Tinubu!!
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Yujam, this boy is the real deal oooo
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:32 am Yujam, this boy is the real deal oooo
Any link?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:41 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:32 am Yujam, this boy is the real deal oooo
Any link?
watching on peacock , but you can try

https://hesgoaltv.me/

pop ups dey here so watch out
SuperEagles