The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2023-24 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2023-24 Season

Post by Sleaky72 »

azuka wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:40 am
Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:26 pm And Balo can we get a refund on Jorginho and Chamakh, sorry Havertz. Next time Arteta asks for a Chelsea player, Edu should slap the hell out of him.
Lol. You gonna request a refund too on Rice?
Half price and not a full refund lol
Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg

Post by Thelastoneleft »

Yesterday, I saw Pep trusting in the young Man City academic graduate Cole Palmer to great effect. Added to Phil Foden, at least two solid players integrated from their academy. Got me thinking if Arteta can achieve similar from Hale End. I seriously doubt it though. I find it ridiculous that in four years under Arteta, no player has made a significant breakthrough from Hale End.

Smith-Rowe and Saka were integrated by Unai Emery. Reiss Nelson and Eddie Nketiah by Arsene Wenger. One could argue that Smith-Rowe and Nelson have massively regressed in their development and I personally think Saka and Nketiah have not had any significant improvement under Arteta.

When I look at signings like Nuno Tavares, Lokonga, Fabio Vieira, and even Jorginho and Havertz, I begin to wonder if a solution could not have come from Hale End.

Is Arteta a checkbook manager?
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Don’t wanna second guess Arsenal’s management but surely the money spent on Havertz and this seemingly illogical chase of Raya (hope it works out) could have been put together for Caicedo, no??

Even Rice looks like a massive overpay but it’s early days. If we get to May with the trophy then it will be all worth it of course … so I’ll just sit back and watch .. the pressure will be on.
Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg

Post by Thelastoneleft »

Sleaky72 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:53 pm Don’t wanna second guess Arsenal’s management but surely the money spent on Havertz and this seemingly illogical chase of Raya (hope it works out) could have been put together for Caicedo, no??

Even Rice looks like a massive overpay but it’s early days. If we get to May with the trophy then it will be all worth it of course … so I’ll just sit back and watch .. the pressure will be on.
Runarsson -> Matt Ryan -> Ramsdale -> Turner -> Raya
That's five goalkeepers in 4 years. Looks to me like a trial-and-error "process".

To the highlighted, given the time and financial resources invested, I will consider anything less than the EPL title a massive failure.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Sleaky72 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:01 am
azuka wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:40 am
Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:26 pm And Balo can we get a refund on Jorginho and Chamakh, sorry Havertz. Next time Arteta asks for a Chelsea player, Edu should slap the hell out of him.
Lol. You gonna request a refund too on Rice?
Half price and not a full refund lol
lol.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Thelastoneleft wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:34 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:53 pm Don’t wanna second guess Arsenal’s management but surely the money spent on Havertz and this seemingly illogical chase of Raya (hope it works out) could have been put together for Caicedo, no??

Runarsson -> Matt Ryan -> Ramsdale -> Turner -> Raya
That's five goalkeepers in 4 years. Looks to me like a trial-and-error "process".

To the highlighted, given the time and financial resources invested, I will consider anything less than the EPL title a massive failure.
The goalkeeping coach should be fired.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Arsenal may have bigger priorities in the market than signing a goalkeeper, but if they're going to sell Turner for £10m and sign Raya for <£30m then the business makes complete sense.

They're about to sign a potential world class 'keeper for less than £20m..

Smart, smart club.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We need a goal scorer.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Guess the secret is out of the bag now.
Rather than focus on their incompetent officials
and trying to make them better, our Brits are
scapegoating managers who respond to their incompetence. And of course, Arteta is the one with
the bullseye on his back.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/08/08/arsenal- ... 97162/amp/
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Fab Romano – “Arsenal have reached an agreement to sign David Raya, here we go! Deal agreed with Brentford after personal terms last week. Documents being prepared between the clubs, medical to be booked this week.”
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

[instagram] [/instagram]
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

hmm what do you guys think Arsenal goes to Villa to enquire about Buendia - however Villa willing to sell Ramsey to Everton for 30M .

Me thinks Ramsey is a more versatile player and would be a better fit for Arsenal.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:05 am hmm what do you guys think Arsenal goes to Villa to enquire about Buendia - however Villa willing to sell Ramsey to Everton for 30M .

Me thinks Ramsey is a more versatile player and would be a better fit for Arsenal.
throwback

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Raya on a season long loan deal for £3 million with option to buy at the end of the loan deal for £27 million. - Sky Sports.
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

elerineye wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:40 pm Raya on a season long loan deal for £3 million with option to buy at the end of the loan deal for £27 million. - Sky Sports.
What? Weird as hell but I don’t mind it
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is an automatic option to buy after Raya plays a few games. Arsenal is worried about FFP and they may want to add one more player.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I think we go with this lineup against Forest

Ramsdale.
White, Saliba, Gabriel, Timber
Odegard, Partey, Rice
Saka, Harveth, Martineli

Trossard could get the nod over Harveth

Backup.
Raya
Hiro, Timber, Kiwior, KT or Zinchenko
Viera, Jorginho, SmithRowe...
Nelson, Nkettiah, Trossard.
Need a striker.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I would like to see Arsenal sell both Nkettiah and Balogun. Sign kudus and a central striker.

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:53 pm I would like to see Arsenal sell both Nkettiah and Balogun. Sign kudus and a central striker.
Balogun is a central striker - do u mean buy a striker that will slot into the first team and bench Jesus ? In that case I hope you have 80M quid or more to spend ?

Kudus is on his way to Brighton so that boat has sailed ( or is sailing ) ..

I like the look of pilfering Aston Villa - They are a well drilled team by UnaEnemy. :rotf: :rotf:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

On further review Arsenal have worked out quite a
nice deal for themselves. They can pay the loan fee and then decide if they want the keeper or not.
You don’t get those kinda options everyday.

This is clearly a move by Arteta and his goalie coach
who really doesn’t have a lot of credit in the bank.
The buck stops with Mikel, hope he is making the right choice here
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Chelsea just put in a bid for Lavia.
All over wire.
Are they messing with Liverpool to drive
up price or are they abandoning Caicedo?
Surely they can’t buy both?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Considering we agreed a fee with Brentford for Raya, and now it has now switched to a loan, plus option to buy.

What does this suggest? Could it be:

We have run out of cash this window. This is a no. My FFP calculation puts us in a position to sign a big player before the £50m per annum Emirates deal was announced.

Have we decided to stop and keep the powder dry for January. I doubt this, but there could be a signing we might get over the line in January.

Is there is another signing happening? This for me is the strongest possibility. I know there is no strong link between us and Kudus. But these are wild rumours, Ajax have not leaked any news about us wanting the player. If we do and Ajax are quiet about it, then the clubs and the player are working together. What is in this for Ajax?

Could Ajax be interested in Balogun? Rumours say they are. If true, this might be the only reason the Kudus, Arsenal rumous are a possibility.

One good thing is, the speculation and rumours will soon be over. We will find out sooner rather than later.

Finally, the story about Spurs putting £40m down for Raya, but player refused to join them. Then we gets reports of Arsenal signing him for a £3m loan fee, with option to buy June window is so Spurs. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

BTW! What's up Caicedo? Is there a problem with this deal? Rumours of a bid from another club. Surely, it is not Arsenal.

Talk of Jorginho wanting out.

This is the silly season. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.