Benjamin Mendy found not guilty of rape and attempted rape at Chester Crown Court

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Benjamin Mendy found not guilty of rape and attempted rape at Chester Crown Court

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:51 pm
danfo driver wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:18 pm
txj wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:29 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:25 pm
txj wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:12 pm Completely ruined his life.

Now who compensates him for this loss?
no one, that is how it goes, you should watch this episode of black mirror

Its a rhetorical question..

This is a perfect example of why prosecutors need to first do their homework...
he can file legal claims against each woman. there is "damages" and the "damages" are calculable. After taking them through a trial, where they have to pay legal fees, his attorneys should move forward with collection/garnishment.
I agree that examples need to be made of such women.
However it’s an extremely touchy subject from all sides.
We are seeing it from a man’s perspective and the world easily forgets that there are male victims just like Mendy, or as has been pointed out, worse.
But let us not also forget that the overwhelming majority of victims are the women who are too scared or too shamed to come forward.
Of those that do come forward, the prosecution rate is very low.
Of those that get to prosecution, the conviction rate is lower still.
And I’m not talking about celebrity cases.
Your point is accurate and thats why I didnt speak about criminal prosecution for accusers. That is a hard sell to any legislature. Its almost impossible to create laws that penalize people for reporting alleged crimes. Unfortunately, I dont think we have found a way around it. People report crime, some guilty people are found guilty, others go free. Some innocent people are found guilty, and others go free. Thats the system.

However, a person who is found not-guilty has the right to file a CIVIL SUIT, and thankfully, there are laws for that already.

You can even file a claim against the prosecutors for wrongful/malicious prosecution, but the bar to prevail on that is very high.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Benjamin Mendy found not guilty of rape and attempted rape at Chester Crown Court

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Writ of habeas corpus, I wish this can be filed in cases like this , before hand
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
0gfe10
Egg
Egg

Post by 0gfe10 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:21 pm Writ of habeas corpus, I wish this can be filed in cases like this , before hand
:taunt: do you know what a habeas corpus is? has mendy been denied a hearing whilst under detention?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

0gfe10 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:00 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:21 pm Writ of habeas corpus, I wish this can be filed in cases like this , before hand
:taunt: do you know what a habeas corpus is? has mendy been denied a hearing whilst under detention?
No I don't, I was waiting for you to teach me.i guess for those convicted and filed a writ , were also denied hearings? Smh.... eyeservice plenty for CE... my statement was a hypothetical one. Mendy cannot file a writ , he has no convictions talkless of ineffective assistant to counsel. Read behind the lines..smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

The Goddess wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:29 am He should just join a mosque and become and Imam becuase there´s really no way to recover from this. Lesson; do not have sex with random women. Have one and stay put!
Spoken like a woman. :biggrin: Have you ever been a man who has random sexy women throw themselves at you repeatedly? For some of these highly sexually charged footballers, they will have to be chemically castrated for your "advice" to be possible.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:53 pm
Not so much as an expression of regret by Sky Sports for helping to slander the young man over the last few years. They even appeared to be gloating over the fact that his career is probably irreparably ruined. There is no consequence whatsoever for falsely accusing and slandering someone and ruining his life… dis life no balance at all🤔❗️

Cheers.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

ohsee wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:48 pm
The Goddess wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:29 am He should just join a mosque and become and Imam becuase there´s really no way to recover from this. Lesson; do not have sex with random women. Have one and stay put!
Spoken like a woman. :biggrin: Have you ever been a man who has random sexy women throw themselves at you repeatedly? For some of these highly sexually charged footballers, they will have to be chemically castrated for your "advice" to be possible.

Wow!
This post here is a bad look for you...

Wow!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:29 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:25 pm
txj wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:12 pm Completely ruined his life.

Now who compensates him for this loss?
no one, that is how it goes, you should watch this episode of black mirror

Its a rhetorical question..

This is a perfect example of why prosecutors need to first do their homework...
Sadly, the prosecutor is not incentivized to do their homework rather they get a pat on the back for "wins" aka, convictions. Effectively, the incentive is to make sure the [shoddy] police work sticks.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

txj wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:11 pm

Wow!

Wow!
:roll:
Really? Why? I'd love to hear your explanation.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

ohsee wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:33 pm

Wow!

Wow!

I got the sense from reading your post that if you allowed yourself one more sentence, it would be that
'she made me do it"....

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

txj wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:55 pm

Wow!

Wow!

I got the sense from reading your post that if you allowed yourself one more sentence, it would be that
'she made me do it"....
Chief, don't assume. You know what that does. Your assumption is incorrect. I was just reminding Goddess of the well-known truth that in sexual behavior men are different from women, and many young men are less able to resist temptation in situations where sex seems to be easily available.

Many successful sports stars tend to have high levels of testosterone. My strong suspicion is that high testosterone is a magnet for women--as well as fame and money too--who make themselves readily available to sport stars all over the world.

Male sports stars know that random women can cause them all manner of problems, yet many find they cannot resist these alluring women because it is essentially male human nature to succumb. It is not a question of "she made me do it," it is more "nature will have its way no matter how much you think you can resist." Very few young men can resist the urge when highly sexual young women make themselves easily available. It makes no sense to lecture them and tell them, "Do not have sex with random women," because they will. As has been pointed out by some sex researchers, high levels of testosterone shut down thinking.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

ohsee wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:21 am

Wow!

Wow!

'she made me do it"....
Chief, don't assume. You know what that does. Your assumption is incorrect. I was just reminding Goddess of the well-known truth that in sexual behavior men are different from women, and many young men are less able to resist temptation in situations where sex seems to be easily available.

Many successful sports stars tend to have high levels of testosterone. My strong suspicion is that high testosterone is a magnet for women--as well as fame and money too--who make themselves readily available to sport stars all over the world.

Male sports stars know that random women can cause them all manner of problems, yet many find they cannot resist these alluring women because it is essentially male human nature to succumb. It is not a question of "she made me do it," it is more "nature will have its way no matter how much you think you can resist." Very few young men can resist the urge when highly sexual young women make themselves easily available. It makes no sense to lecture them and tell them, "Do not have sex with random women," because they will. As has been pointed out by some sex researchers, high levels of testosterone shut down thinking.

I don't know that your stereotype here is correct.
And it does make sense to advise them. Most professional clubs actually advise/encourage them to have settled relationships...

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

txj wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:20 pm

Wow!

Wow!

'she made me do it"....

And it does make sense to advise them. Most professional clubs actually advise/encourage them to have settled relationships...
Declaring something a "stereotype" is not a reasoned argument, nor is it one based on study and research. The hedonistic behavior of male sports stars and the young women who chase them is extremely well documented in both the scientific literature and in the regular media.
https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... eater_Risk
Athletes are often associated with a greater degree of risk behaviour. It also includes potentially dangerous sexual habits and behaviour, among other things.
https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... r_students
https://www.gq.com/story/nba-men-women-groupies
The Days and Nights of an NBA Groupie
Meet the ladies who will do anything to bed a pro baller. PLUS: Writer Lisa DePaulo talks to GQ.com about the men of the NBA and the women who love them
https://www.realmenrealstyle.com/sports-
Are Women Attracted to Athletes? Sports and Attractiveness Study
Last Updated: October 24, 2023
Q: It seems like a cliché or stereotype that women are more attracted to athletes, but is this true? And does it matter what sports I play?
A: One study suggests that yes, sports are attractive to women. Which sports? Does physical attractiveness matter?
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... john-terry
The Terry scandal has been ­followed, in the past few days, by ­stories that naked pictures of the ­Chelsea and England defender Ashley Cole have been texted from Cole's phone to that of a topless model. He claims a friend of a friend was responsible for sending them, but it's not the first time he has faced allegations of sexual impropriety – specifically, a night with a hairdresser behind the back of his pop star wife, Cheryl.
In fact, footballers can seem a ­singularly priapic bunch, unable to walk past a glamour model without propositioning her for a threesome.
That professional clubs "actually advise/ encourage them to have settled relationships" may be true, but what has that accomplished? Why do we still have cases like Mendy, or in basketball, the young men who lose their millions to young women who snare them and hit them with child support payments?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

ohsee wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:51 pm
txj wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:20 pm

Wow!

Wow!

'she made me do it"....

Declaring something a "stereotype" is not a reasoned argument, nor is it one based on study and research. The hedonistic behavior of male sports stars and the young women who chase them is extremely well documented in both the scientific literature and in the regular media.
https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... eater_Risk
Athletes are often associated with a greater degree of risk behaviour. It also includes potentially dangerous sexual habits and behaviour, among other things.
https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... r_students
https://www.gq.com/story/nba-men-women-groupies
The Days and Nights of an NBA Groupie
Meet the ladies who will do anything to bed a pro baller. PLUS: Writer Lisa DePaulo talks to GQ.com about the men of the NBA and the women who love them
https://www.realmenrealstyle.com/sports-
Are Women Attracted to Athletes? Sports and Attractiveness Study
Last Updated: October 24, 2023
Q: It seems like a cliché or stereotype that women are more attracted to athletes, but is this true? And does it matter what sports I play?
A: One study suggests that yes, sports are attractive to women. Which sports? Does physical attractiveness matter?
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... john-terry
The Terry scandal has been ­followed, in the past few days, by ­stories that naked pictures of the ­Chelsea and England defender Ashley Cole have been texted from Cole's phone to that of a topless model. He claims a friend of a friend was responsible for sending them, but it's not the first time he has faced allegations of sexual impropriety – specifically, a night with a hairdresser behind the back of his pop star wife, Cheryl.
In fact, footballers can seem a ­singularly priapic bunch, unable to walk past a glamour model without propositioning her for a threesome.
That professional clubs "actually advise/ encourage them to have settled relationships" may be true, but what has that accomplished? Why do we still have cases like Mendy, or in basketball, the young men who lose their millions to young women who snare them and hit them with child support payments?

A lot actually, which is why cases like Mendy's are few and far in between compared to the population of sports stars and what the situation was in the 90s especially...

A lot about your position and references are not based on current situation, but existing stereotypes...

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

txj wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:29 pm A lot actually, which is why cases like Mendy's are few and far in between compared to the population of sports stars and what the situation was in the 90s especially...

A lot about your position and references are not based on current situation, but existing stereotypes...
What is your evidence that cases like Mendy's are few and far between, rather than the tip of the iceberg? Much of the research and anecdotal evidence suggests that you are very wrong. What is your evidence that hedonistic behavior (the actual point of contention) by football stars has reduced since the 90s? What is your evidence that it was reduced by the act of "advising" the footballers to have settled relationships? Produce your evidence and sources for your claims please.

A lot of your position--as with much you write here--is based on your personal opinion, not in any reproducible evidence....
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

ohsee wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:06 pm
txj wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:29 pm A lot actually, which is why cases like Mendy's are few and far in between compared to the population of sports stars and what the situation was in the 90s especially...

What is your evidence that cases like Mendy's are few and far between, rather than the tip of the iceberg? Much of the research and anecdotal evidence suggests that you are very wrong. What is your evidence that hedonistic behavior (the actual point of contention) by football stars has reduced since the 90s? What is your evidence that it was reduced by the act of "advising" the footballers to have settled relationships? Produce your evidence and sources for your claims please.

A lot of your position--as with much you write here--is based on your personal opinion, not in any reproducible evidence....

Court cases.

How many cases have had in the EPL in the last few years outside Mendy?

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

txj wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:49 pm
ohsee wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:06 pm

Court cases.

How many cases have had in the EPL in the last few years outside Mendy?
And this is your evidence? Please.....