Sunderland Documentary (Netflix)

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Sunderland Documentary (Netflix)

Post by danfo driver »

I didnt want to make this a thread, because frankly, its not worth a thread on CE. However, I really want those who have not watched it to check it out. I think many fans do not understand what it takes to run a football club from the back-end. How difficult and gut-wrenching the experience could be. Hell, for those of us who have run a business, watching the documentary, I just dey laugh and shake my head with a lot of memories and experiences.

One of the most interesting part for me was when the new chief executive showed up and got the non-playing-staff around for a meeting. he had sent them a powerpoint presentation the night before, and in the meeting he asked them a simple question which was in the powerpoint - "how much does the club pay in interest to finance its loans?" none of them knew the answer! Can you believe that??? even the finance staff didnt know :lol: The man weak! He couldnt believe his eyes. not only should they know, but he actually included it in his powerpoint and they didnt read the powerpoint :lol: :lol: this one bring back memories for me and I just laugh. Employees can be the most interesting fockers :lol:

Sunderland was paying 7 million pounds in interest to finance their loans in Div 3. That was suicide! The previous management foooked them over with a lot of debt on the club, debt that the club just could not handle when they got relegated once, talkless of twice. The next few episodes, the new management had to work through getting those debts out, selling players, and then finding money to finance new players and sign their "high performers." -- one of these high performers was Josh Maja and the guy and e agent use them take see pepper! He will agree to the extension and then when they send the offer, he will reject it. :rotf: :rotf: he kept playing them up and down and they were completely burnt out by him.

The docuseries was very raw. Unlike Amazon where there were cuts here and there to tell you a story, with this one, they showed you everything and focused on the non-playing management side of running the club. Thats the part i loved the most. The Chief Exec, Chairman, off-field staff etc etc... :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sunderland Documentary (Netflix)

Post by danfo driver »

Guys Season 3 is out! You have to watch this show!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Were you running a business because the white man fired you from your corporate job? :woot: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

By the way my internet connection is slow. Can you please help me save some kobo and do an internet search on who is top of the Premier League?

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Stadium of light. Age of Enlightenment. Made in? You guessed it, manifest it in tangible goods, platinum Rolex'd it, we don't lease, we buy the whole car, as you should.