Women's World Cup 2023

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Women's World Cup 2023

Post by Damunk »

Australia 1 Rep of Ireland 0.

Seems Australia struggled, though I only saw these 2-minute highlights.
Its either Australia aren't as great as claimed, or Rep of Ireland are pretty good.

https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/watch/ ... Y43dGbHkoB

Norway lost to New Zealand 0-1

https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/watch/ ... Behsk2rCKZ
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: Women's World Cup 2023

Post by packerland »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:29 pm Australia 1 Rep of Ireland 0.

Its either Australia aren't as great as claimed, or Rep of Ireland are pretty good.

Yep! Australia was not that good in the match. However, they were missing their emotional leader and best player, Sam Kerr.

I thought Ireland will be the weakest team in the group but they gave Australia all they can handle. I hope our defenders are ready for the challenge. Ireland were whipping in some crazy crosses in the box and I believe they had far more corner kicks than Australia. You know corner kicks can be a bugaboo for our men and women's team.

Norway is the super eagles of the women's world cup. So many talents and yet they never fail to disappoint.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

packerland wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:47 pm

Yep! Australia was not that good in the match. However, they were missing their emotional leader and best player, Sam Kerr.

I thought Ireland will be the weakest team in the group but they gave Australia all they can handle. I hope our defenders are ready for the challenge. Ireland were whipping in some crazy crosses in the box and I believe they had far more corner kicks than Australia. You know corner kicks can be a bugaboo for our men and women's team.

Norway is the super eagles of the women's world cup. So many talents and yet they never fail to disappoint.

Scheduled to miss another game. I hope the team can keep up until her return.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
2think
Egg
Egg

Post by 2think »

I think they are a good side
Falcons have their work cut out in that group.
May the Lord God Bless U real Good
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

balo wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:04 pm

do you? they play Nigeria their next match
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

I've only seen Ada play for Norway, she must be a different player at club level because...
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

King Futcha wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:39 am
balo wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:04 pm

do you? they play Nigeria their next match
The competition is welcome. Nigeria takes on all comers.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

When is Switzerland playing? :wink:

I'm bummed that I missed Alexia's game, even though she started from the bench.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Anyone watching England vs Haiti? Another game with another penalty kick.

Haiti has looked quite impressive out there. Their 19 year old midfielder is a baller.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

What a save by the English goalie. Should have been a goal
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Some disgraceful officiating in the England game. Why is var designed to leave it up to the var officials when to and when not to review a play? Their review decisions, so far, have been very biased❗️

Cheers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The jamo girls just tied France. Some of them are in high school. Very impressive. There was one naija jamo babe as well.
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sweden 2, South Africa 1.
SA took the lead.
Sweden got the winner in the last minute of normal play.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

A theme of the WWC I see so far: almost every team is playing disciplined defense, relying on counters with speedy athletes against the better teams. It's making games a lot closer in score, in spite of losing possession. Absolutely exposing how even top teams have trouble in the final 1/3.

I can't believe how many point blank goals are missed. Especially because the girls fear whipping crosses that are more common due to lanes being packed. Even Sweden when connecting with head balls against SA last night were so misdirected.

The only poor team so far has been Zambia. They gave Japanese attackers so much space and time. Otherwise you can see the progress in the women's game.

Gotta be honest: It's still hard to watch. I spend more time criticizing than enjoying. There is such a gap in this type of sport vs the men.

My favorites so far: USA, England, Spain, and France. USA remains the favorite. Less technical and less overall football IQ than the emerging Europeans...but still great athletes and, more importantly, they bomb the net and attack with some swagger.

Nobody seems to do this like the Americans, which still is a major margin. We will see of course.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

mate wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:50 pm A theme of the WWC I see so far: almost every team is playing disciplined defense, relying on counters with speedy athletes against the better teams. It's making games a lot closer in score, in spite of losing possession. Absolutely exposing how even top teams have trouble in the final 1/3.

I can't believe how many point blank goals are missed. Especially because the girls fear whipping crosses that are more common due to lanes being packed. Even Sweden when connecting with head balls against SA last night were so misdirected.

The only poor team so far has been Zambia. They gave Japanese attackers so much space and time. Otherwise you can see the progress in the women's game.

Gotta be honest: It's still hard to watch. I spend more time criticizing than enjoying. There is such a gap in this type of sport vs the men.

My favorites so far: USA, England, Spain, and France. USA remains the favorite. Less technical and less overall football IQ than the emerging Europeans...but still great athletes and, more importantly, they bomb the net and attack with some swagger.

Nobody seems to do this like the Americans, which still is a major margin. We will see of course.
Mate,

I won’t write Zambia off just yet. Their third best player got ruled out of the tournament due to some unknown medical issue. That might have destabilized the team. Zambia were always going to struggle on defense but their offense is better than what they showed.

When do we expect to see Croatia’s women in action? Are close or still far away?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Croatia didn’t invest in women’s football and is many years away. Many women just don’t play team sports. They’re tall and athletic, but still facing cultural impediments.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Zambia rely too much on Banda. Always have. But at this level, the rest of the team has to step up.
The defenders absolutely switched off against Japan. And that’s being kind to them. How can defenders let pass after pass, two steps away, go past them without any attempt to intercept? :boo: :boo:
Their goalie saved them a lot at the start but she could only do so much as the game wore on.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Women football is ridiculous and it's all a pity party.
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The Moroccan women look so pathetic out there. They have no business in this tournament
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

CAF needs to stop the pathetic regional qualifiers.
SuperEagles

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Moroccan women can ball. They were good at passing in their CAF games. Lost to Germany out of tactical nativity and poor goalkeeping. Germany scored 4-5 easy goals, most of which were poorly defended set-pieces.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Kabalega wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:09 pm Moroccan women can ball. They were good at passing in their CAF games. Lost to Germany out of tactical nativity and poor goalkeeping. Germany scored 4-5 easy goals, most of which were poorly defended set-pieces.
6 freakking 0.. the couldn't even defeat 9 women Nigerian team in regulation plus extra time. They are horrible and have no idea what they are doing. They are the worst team in this tourney.
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The Brazilain women were fun to watch... real joga bonito , the 3rd goal

SuperEagles