Saudi Arabia 🇸🇦 Wants to Enter a Team in the UEFA Champions League

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Saudi Arabia 🇸🇦 Wants to Enter a Team in the UEFA Champions League

Post by wiseone »

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Saudi Arabia 🇸🇦 Wants to Enter a Team in the UEFA Champions League

Post by mcal »

...is this why they've been spending billions on players euro top sides?
They are in Asia, but may argue Israel is in Asia too but plays in/with Europe.
This is where diplomacy will prevail, on who's side? we will see.
MBS looking for acceptance, next apply to join NATO :lol: :lol:
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

:lol: :lol: UEFA clubs will fight this move. Mostly for economic reasons while the likes of PSG, for political reasons.

As a fan, I say :thumbs: But that would turn the UEFA CL into a Super league(?). I’m sure UEFA wouldn’t mind a Super league as long as they control it. They opposed the last Super league proposal because it was out of their direct control.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Kabalega wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:19 pm :lol: :lol: UEFA clubs will fight this move. Mostly for economic reasons while the likes of PSG, for political reasons.

As a fan, I say :thumbs: But that would turn the UEFA CL into a Super league(?). I’m sure UEFA wouldn’t mind a Super league as long as they control it. They opposed the last Super league proposal because it was out of their direct control.
...if they are admitted, would interesting to see a Saudi club go play in Israel, or Israel go to Saudi Arabia.
I doubt it will happen as they will find a way to manipulate the draw.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

mcal wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:27 pm
Kabalega wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:19 pm :lol: :lol: UEFA clubs will fight this move. Mostly for economic reasons while the likes of PSG, for political reasons.

...if they are admitted, would interesting to see a Saudi club go play in Israel, or Israel go to Saudi Arabia.
Why, would this be a problem? The two countries have a friendlier relationship.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

They no longer want to destroy each other. Yet there is still a long way to go before they can be classified as friendly.
Kabalega wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:29 pm
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Kabalega wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:29 pm
mcal wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:27 pm

...the ogas at the top may be "friends", the regular citizens don't like each other.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Forward thinking idea.

Somebody needs to challenge UEFA.

To think it would be Saudi Arabia.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Is there a limit to the number of foreign players a Saudi club can sign?
I am happy
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The depth of the delusion surpasses Davey Jones’ locker. Ligue 1 of all leagues. Sleep punctuated by the clinking of ever increasing medallions jostling for space on the mantlepiece. Tremendously rich poor chap.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:44 am The depth of the delusion surpasses Davey Jones’ locker. Ligue 1 of all leagues. Sleep punctuated by the clinking of ever increasing medallions jostling for space on the mantlepiece. Tremendously rich poor chap.
Just imagine an Al Shabab or whatever wins the CL before Arsenal? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The funniest part of it is that you know its possible. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The most interesting thing about this interview is that this guy is significantly bigger than Arsenal, for instance. He has more CL than Arsenal. Has a larger fan base than Arsenal and no person who has ever been affiliated with Arsenal in any capacity is as god as him in football. In fact, and frankly, his picture is more recognizable than Arsenal's badge ANYWHERE IN THRE WORLD.
wiseone wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:19 pm
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Money can do it.

And we'd just see a Saudi team full of European players in the tourney. They could get so audacious that, in some years to come, the UCL could be won by a Saudi team. Then UCL will just become CL. Money answers to all things, just that not all answers are correct.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

I want to marry Sanaa Lathan but that's not going to happen.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr. Piffington wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:49 pm I want to marry Sanaa Lathan but that's not going to happen.
Definitely not.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Mr. Piffington wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:49 pm I want to marry Sanaa Lathan but that's not going to happen.
...hurry she's getting old.
Got her mixed up with Tiffany Haddish, the often dui arrested gal, she needs a man badly.

That said, the Saudis ain't gonna join ucl.
They may have the money, but they don't have the clout like Israel playing in Europe instead of Asia like other mid east countries.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

The Super League will happen eventually in one form or another. These external financial pressures can't be wished away.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

you get taste o
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I believe their league winner was beaten quite handily by Al Ahly in the recently concluded World Club tourney. Their league is probably no better than the Egyptian or S African league.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"