Onana Exposed Against Arsenal

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Onana Exposed Against Arsenal

Post by Kabalega »

He should have easily saved both goals. But being beaten like that at the near post for the second goal, is a no no at the top level.

“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Onana Exposed Against Arsenal

Post by danfo driver »

exposed against Arsenal?? :lol:

I said it about him when he was at Ajax. He is very good with his feet and also a good enough shot stopper, outside that, I am just not comfortable with him at all. Anyway, I wish him well. difficult for an African to succeed in high places, we cant afford for an African keeper to fail. If he does, our keepers will not smell any top club for a long time.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Onana was not exposed maybe on the first goal. The second goal came from a deflection from his own defender. The third goal, one on one can go either way.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

joplass wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:49 pm Onana was not exposed maybe on the first goal. The second goal came from a deflection from his own defender. The third goal, one on one can go either way.
The second goal was very bad. Even if it was defected, to be beaten at the near post is amateurish.

p.s-- the defender, Evans, needs to retire. Dude thinks he still plays for Leicester :rotf: :rotf: faking like he was being pulled, asking for freekick, while the ball was in your penalty box? :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Why Onana, what about the pathetic Evans
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Kabalega wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:34 pm He should have easily saved both goals. But being beaten like that at the near post for the second goal, is a no no at the top level.

The ball was deflected in, you volleyball watcher. :laugh:

Wha choo looking at?!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Near post goal wey pass through Onana hand? Your Goddessness, wey you? I am laffing you oh. :biggrin:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

3 games 7 goals conceded. Double figures by 5? Was goading the faithful after Rashford’s goal. Another didn’t get the memo. “Legs up” in London? Good luck with that.

A fair few Mancunians took a beating on the cobblestones yesterday. Rumour has it, Roy Keane was swung for. Again, “legs up”, in London? Good luck with that.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Mazi, the deflection, whilst altering the direction of travel, would’ve taken out some of the sting. Physics. Onana’s hand was as soft as a plantain with leopard like colouring to its skin. As for the third, the age old mantra decrees, make yourself as big as possible. Look how much of the goal he offered Jesus. In the process, making himself as big as the very same plantain in a swimming pool. Comical.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:35 am @Mazi, the deflection, whilst altering the direction of travel, would’ve taken out some of the sting. Physics. Onana’s hand was as soft as a plantain with leopard like colouring to its skin. As for the third, the age old mantra decrees, make yourself as big as possible. Look how much of the goal he offered Jesus. In the process, making himself as big as the very same plantain in a swimming pool. Comical.

This is criticism to fit an established, 100y/o narrative.

Onana's ability to keep possession in the initial build up phase was the basis for the United counterattack.
That United MF as currently composed cannot compete.

They have to hope Amrabat settles in quickly...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^can be as comfortable in possession as Smegol Gollum with “my precious”. From a primary purpose point of view, weak hand on the 2nd and wouldn’t be at all surprised if he were singing Beyoncé’s “to the left, to the left”, whilst offering up a wide open space for Jesus to bury the 3rd. Absolutely pathetic.

Make yourself big, no thanks, I’m watching my weight. 3-1! 7 goals in 3 games. Build up? Try to build up a clean sheet.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:51 pm ^can be as comfortable in possession as Smegol Gollum with “my precious”. From a primary purpose point of view, weak hand on the 2nd and wouldn’t be at all surprised if he were singing Beyoncé’s “to the left, to the left”, whilst offering up a wide open space for Jesus to bury the 3rd. Absolutely pathetic.

Make yourself big, no thanks, I’m watching my weight. 3-1! 7 goals in 3 games. Build up? Try to build up a clean sheet.

Lotta rubbish is still rubbish.

2nd ball on a setpiece; who was charging down the opponent in the '6'? Joey Sholaces!!!!

Once the shot is allowed to be freely taken, then deflected, its a crap shoot...

On the 3rd, how about Dalot not going down faster than the babe on Ayilara street?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:51 pm
Kabalega wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:34 pm He should have easily saved both goals. But being beaten like that at the near post for the second goal, is a no no at the top level.

The ball was deflected in, you volleyball watcher. :laugh:
:lol: :lol: That deflection is no excuse at this level.
BTW, was the first goal deflected in too? :taunt:

Anyway, let me go watch women’s beach volleyball. :sneaky:
Onana could learn a thing or two from those women’s reflexes. 😜
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Yeap have Evan's and Maguire in front of you, let's see how well you do
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Coach wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:26 am 3 games 7 goals conceded. Double figures by 5?
Pardon Monsieur, can I have 10 in 4 s’il vous plait. Pathetic.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:43 pm
Coach wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:26 am 3 games 7 goals conceded. Double figures by 5?
Pardon Monsieur, can I have 10 in 4 s’il vous plait. Pathetic.
Lie Arsenal choking on an 11 point lead! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Tx, 95% pass completion. 3 goals conceded. Double figures in 4 games. The second coming of Karius?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:07 pm @Tx, 95% pass completion. 3 goals conceded. Double figures in 4 games. The second coming of Karius?
@Arse, 11 points clear, 248 days on top of the table. Double figures points clear. Still ended second in the League? :woot: :rotf:

CHOKERS!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

kai Onana again, easy goals
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

i said something goalkeepers but ppl cried.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

He is going to make it very difficult for another African goalkeeper to get a chance. very diffcult.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

I will be surprised if he ends this season as #1 at United.