Destiny Udogie

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Destiny Udogie

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

If we want a LB/ LWB he’s the player we should be going after not Torunarigha. Udogie benches every single LB we have easily without question. A full court press should be started to get Udogie and Ugochukwu if we’re serious about competing at the next WC. They were very getable before they moved to bigger clubs, now Italy will likely call him soon as they’re down in the same dumpster we’re in. Ugochukwu is still unlikely to get a France call anytime soon. Then again that’s I said about Eze, the boy don enter 3 lions for real.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Destiny Udogie

Post by Tobi17 »

I'm surprised Spalletti didn't call him up
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:59 pm I'm surprised Spalletti didn't call him up
This is the time to go after him, when he's feeling the pain of the snub the most. Instead we call Torunarigha who's never going to play for Germany again. Infact the next German jersey he wears will have to be bought at a clothing store.
OCCUPY NFF!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:45 pm If we want a LB/ LWB he’s the player we should be going after not Torunarigha. Udogie benches every single LB we have easily without question. A full court press should be started to get Udogie and Ugochukwu if we’re serious about competing at the next WC. They were very getable before they moved to bigger clubs, now Italy will likely call him soon as they’re down in the same dumpster we’re in. Ugochukwu is still unlikely to get a France call anytime soon. Then again that’s I said about Eze, the boy don enter 3 lions for real.
The NFF would need to apply for a switch. I like what I've seen of Udogie but at this rate we'll lose him like we lost Alaba.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I wouldnt put resources towards him.

We have Sanusi, Onyemachi and Aina. Our resources should be served towards CBs and Midfielders. If he says he definitely wants a switch, then fine, we can make the approach. Africans who are born in Italy are quite weird. I do not mean this in a bad way, but they always seem to be very loyal to Italy, even though Italians hate them. who knows sha.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

The YeyeMan wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:14 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:45 pm If we want a LB/ LWB he’s the player we should be going after not Torunarigha. Udogie benches every single LB we have easily without question. A full court press should be started to get Udogie and Ugochukwu if we’re serious about competing at the next WC. They were very getable before they moved to bigger clubs, now Italy will likely call him soon as they’re down in the same dumpster we’re in. Ugochukwu is still unlikely to get a France call anytime soon. Then again that’s I said about Eze, the boy don enter 3 lions for real.
The NFF would need to apply for a switch. I like what I've seen of Udogie but at this rate we'll lose him like we lost Alaba.
I used to be one of those against going after too many FB players but I've since come to the realization that we'll never be anything more than a WC 1st rd and out team without them, we might not even be able to get to Afcon semis without them.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:27 pm I wouldnt put resources towards him.

We have Sanusi, Onyemachi and Aina. Our resources should be served towards CBs and Midfielders. If he says he definitely wants a switch, then fine, we can make the approach. Africans who are born in Italy are quite weird. I do not mean this in a bad way, but they always seem to be very loyal to Italy, even though Italians hate them. who knows sha.
Well, the ones born in England don't seem to like us much either, we've actually never gotten an English born Nigerian player of top quality. Vic MO and Iwobi were both born in Nigeria. Well, at least let's go after Ugochukwu.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:29 pm
I used to be one of those against going after too many FB players but I've since come to the realization that we'll never be anything more than a WC 1st rd and out team without them, we might not even be able to get to Afcon semis without them.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You have come to your senses my friend.

It's just the way world football is in 2023. You can play the game, OR GET LEFT BEHIND.

All the top teams try to recruit players. We are foils to think we can do otherwise.

Morocco, Algeria, Senegal, and Ivory Coast have all figured this out and are ahead of us in terms of their success recruiting dual nationals.

We need to step up our recruitment if we ever even dream of winning another afcon.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:50 pm

It's just the way world football is in 2023. You can play the game, OR GET LEFT BEHIND.

All the top teams try to recruit players. We are foils to think we can do otherwise.

Morocco, Algeria, Senegal, and Ivory Coast have all figured this out and are ahead of us in terms of their success recruiting dual nationals.

We need to step up our recruitment if we ever even dream of winning another afcon.
looking at WC 26, Based on the talent available today we're still a group stage and out, 2nd rd at best team even with good coaching. We'll need to add at least 1 goalie, 3 cm , 1 AM and 2 CD from our FB pool. Look at the mf, goalies and defenders on the list released today. It's a crisis if u want to win Afcon let alone wc.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

3 teams can qualify from a group in 2026.

We definately can and should achieve at least that with our current players. But going much further becomes a problem.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Let's see what happens next selection period, he should be the starting left back in their senior team all things considered.
Silver-Shadow
Egg
Egg

Post by Silver-Shadow »

:
Last edited by Silver-Shadow on Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No Escape
Silver-Shadow
Egg
Egg

Post by Silver-Shadow »

kalani JR wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:00 am Let's see what happens next selection period, he should be the starting left back in their senior team all things considered.
Musa will be back by then and take the place of a probable call out like the one you mentioned above.
No Escape
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

He is an Azzuri.

Hopefully, CE members will concentrate on Sanusi, Onyeamechi and (Bassey + Torounarigha).

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:04 am He is an Azzuri.

Hopefully, CE members will concentrate on Sanusi, Onyeamechi and (Bassey + Torounarigha).

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa…..another one bites the dust. Goodbye destiny. O di gba! This is sad. :atc:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:50 pm

Morocco just got Real Madrid’s Brahim Diaz to commit to them. Their coach spent a lot of time in Madrid to convince him.
Truth is our National team would have been reduced to the level of our clubs in Africa if not for our foreign based and foreign born players.
Yesterday, I was looking at the squad list of European countries on tuttomercatoweb for the next round of qualifiers and not one country including Italy, Germany, Spain, Croatia, Serbia, Portugal, Belgium etc had the quality of strikers that we have, only France comes close.
We need to identify the areas where we are weak as we have an unbalanced squad and set up a committee to go after the players that can add value . We should open lines of communications to the highest levels if necessary. If we’re serious, we can get the likes of Adarabioyo, Ugochukwu, Olise, Okoli, Carney and possibly Eze if he’s still eligible for us.
Teams are strategising towards 2026 and we cannot afford to be left out
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

When I tell people we will be left behind IN AFRICA, let alone the world, they go still try and justify Musa..
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:07 am When I tell people we will be left behind IN AFRICA, let alone the world, they go still try and justify Musa..
I'm not sure of the Stats, but are we the only top African team that has never succeeded in convincing a single potentially world class dual national player with Naija roots about playing for us? How do Senegal, Morocco, Algeria, Cameroon do it?
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:07 am When I tell people we will be left behind IN AFRICA, let alone the world, they go still try and justify Musa..
How does Musa relates to this topic ? Please lets let the poor Musa breathe !
Last edited by onovo on Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:19 am
I'm not sure of the Stats, but are we the only top African team that has never succeeded in convincing a single potentially world class dual national player with Naija roots about playing for us? How do Senegal, Morocco, Algeria, Cameroon do it?
Parenting is the big issue. It comes to what information about Nigeria, Nigerians in diaspora are giving to their kids about Nigeria. This has nothing to do with NFF/Nigeria leadership. It is the Nigeria society that has failed in this aspect. I have seen Asians/Pakistani born and bred in diaspora, majority of them speak their local language and carry their identity. When our people talks down on Nigeria, and makes their kids feel like their diaspora country of birth is the heaven and try to disconnect them from anything Nigeria. This is what you get.
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

onovo wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:16 am
Parenting is the big issue. It comes to what information about Nigeria, Nigerians in diaspora are giving to their kids about Nigeria. This has nothing to do with NFF/Nigeria leadership. It is the Nigeria society that has failed in this aspect. I have seen Asians/Pakistani born and bred in diaspora, majority of them speak their local language and carry their identity. When our people talks down on Nigeria, and makes their kids feel like their diaspora country of birth is the heaven and try to disconnect them from anything Nigeria. This is what you get.
Uncle Onovo,

This is stuff like most things in life is multifaceted. In no particular order and by no means exhaustive:

1. You can’t expect loyalty from a people or system that is not loyal to you.

2. You can’t attract someone who truly has options to settle for a poorer anlt unless they have a messianic proclivity.

3. You can’t by your actions and active inactions advertise yourself to be dysfunctional and expect folks to settle for you.

It is not the norm for humans to choose the more challenging option when a more attractive option is acutely available.

If your sporting headlines consistently reads your authorities do not pay players that bonuses while embezzling funds dedicated to such. If you read stories as I did recently of a member of the flying Eagles from the class of 1983 asking for the government to monitise their promised scholarship from way back then in 2023. Correct me if I’m wrong did it not take Buharis second coming to make good some of the rewards to the Eaglets from 1985.

Please remember these are our consistent stories, our headlines and the bulk of our fine prints and I am focused just on sports. These are not exceptions.

Please pray tell me if you’re a truly gifted athlete or student and two worlds are open to you - dysfunctional and functional. Which would you choose ? If you’re a parent and your child asks for guidiance when they face these questions - where would you guide them towards?

Everyone wants to win. This is not the 1980s where England would put a gifted black athlete in England B or cap them for meaningless friendlies. The Aryan Nazis reluctantly capped a full blooded African in the early 2000s, now they have players that would make the furher and his follows choke on their vomit. Even the junior or cousin Aryans made Alaba their captain. The French and the Portuguese have been doing this $#% forever. Even the inquisitors played a black dude in their first winning iteration centrally in the midfield when it was obvious he was the best thing in since midfield sliced bread. We know what they have done since. The Italians are playing belated catch up but they have lined up black dudes since Baletolli.

You can’t keep shooting your self in the foot while your competition is doing its best to get ahead of you and yet you complain. You can’t not expect your competitor not to attempt to undermine you while trying to win, Heck we do the job for them and undermine ourselves.

As per the Senegalese or Algerians - for every diaspora that settled for them I have a Patrick Viera or Zidane that took the next option. I don’t know but I’d argue a Mahrez is not quite in the same equation as a Zidane.

Our football is a microcosm of our nation. For a brief period in time in the early 90s we had an ‘accidental’ convenience of a crazy Dutchman who was more Nigerian than Nigerians and a VP in Aikhomu who indulged him coupled with a conglomerate of crazily talented guys. We won the AFCON but most would argue that generation still underachieved due to the Nigerian factor if not knowing how to build and manage success. Heck the Pharaohs and our plantain eating cousins did back to back AFCON wins while we were playing our usual silly games.

Fast forward to now, the Iwobis of this world are the exception. Maybe it was the JayJay factor. Save for arguably Victor Moses, every other Nigerian player born in the diaspora that has laced up for us, was never going to be first pickings for the country they were born or grew up in.

We want these guys to come play for us, you want the Nigerians that have succeeded in other spheres of life outside of Nigeria to consistently contribute and give their all back to the motherland, it is up to us to make our environment attractive.

I know this topic is specific about the diaspora, fundamentally, we have to develop and make Nigeria attractive to its citizens - all born in and outside of her shores. And it has to stop being a society like a wicked witch that consumes its own.

Newtonian physics is real. Nigeria is not a special place on earth that is immune to gravity or the every action and reaction principle. Loyalty is a 2 way street and not just an abstract concept.

If you build it, they will come as philosopher Costner once said . I’m a big believer in that principle. You build something worthwhile, it will attract the right folks. We can do this $#% and it will take both consistently small and Herculean effort, but build we must as a society or we perish.

Good luck to Udogie, God knows I wish he’d and many like him laced up for us but I do not begrudge the young man his choice.

God help, save and bless Nigeria and help save us from ourselves.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

sad for who? Maybe for him. We have two top LWBs and 2 LCDs who have played LB at a high level. Under what circumstances should Udogie be rate above Sanusi or Onyeamachi? 2 months performance at Tottenham?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:33 am
danfo driver wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:04 am He is an Azzuri.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa…..another one bites the dust. Goodbye destiny. O di gba! This is sad. :atc:
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

My guy the reality is that we can't afford to provide the amenities and incentives provided by the developed Nation. We are a poor Nation and don't have the capitals to do so. We can desire it but can't afford it. Under the defunct Ministry of Youth and Sport. Only NYSC alone would consume over 90% of the ministry allocation, even at that the money is still not enough to give our youth corpers a decent life. Very little amount of the ministry's allocation is given sport, which is like a drop of water in an ocean.

Then in sport you have to allocate money to football, etc. The final money that comes to football means nothing at the end of the day. The glass house lacks the money to run itself and the national team. This is why you have unpaid salaries of coaches and players bonuses/allowance, our youth teams cannot be funded for early camping or go for a foreign playing tour. Even to host a team for friendlies, our NFF don't have the money for such. Now lets even look at the sports facilities, Stadium for example, in developed countries it is the club that builds most of the stadium. This clubs makes money from merchandise, ticket, media, and stadium tourism. Now ask yourself how many of our clubs can build a befitting stadium ? Even if they borrow money to do so, how many Nigerians have that disposable income to patronise the club to keep its facilities running ?

There are whole lots of good things we desire our country should have. But according to our people the "Igho (money) no dey oh". However, as Nigerians I believe we can do our little part to support the Nigerian project, hence my take on the kind of picture we present to these diaspora kids. Them playing for Nigeria wouldn't deny them access to the Eldorado they have/seek in diaspora. I have a PhD in Engineering, and studied in one the world renown university. I am talking from my personal experience as someone based in the diaspora.
hestonap wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:39 am
onovo wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:16 am
Uncle Onovo,

This is stuff like most things in life is multifaceted. In no particular order and by no means exhaustive:

1. You can’t expect loyalty from a people or system that is not loyal to you.

2. You can’t attract someone who truly has options to settle for a poorer anlt unless they have a messianic proclivity.

3. You can’t by your actions and active inactions advertise yourself to be dysfunctional and expect folks to settle for you.

It is not the norm for humans to choose the more challenging option when a more attractive option is acutely available.

If your sporting headlines consistently reads your authorities do not pay players that bonuses while embezzling funds dedicated to such. If you read stories as I did recently of a member of the flying Eagles from the class of 1983 asking for the government to monitise their promised scholarship from way back then in 2023. Correct me if I’m wrong did it not take Buharis second coming to make good some of the rewards to the Eaglets from 1985.

Please remember these are our consistent stories, our headlines and the bulk of our fine prints and I am focused just on sports. These are not exceptions.

Please pray tell me if you’re a truly gifted athlete or student and two worlds are open to you - dysfunctional and functional. Which would you choose ? If you’re a parent and your child asks for guidiance when they face these questions - where would you guide them towards?

Everyone wants to win. This is not the 1980s where England would put a gifted black athlete in England B or cap them for meaningless friendlies. The Aryan Nazis reluctantly capped a full blooded African in the early 2000s, now they have players that would make the furher and his follows choke on their vomit. Even the junior or cousin Aryans made Alaba their captain. The French and the Portuguese have been doing this $#% forever. Even the inquisitors played a black dude in their first winning iteration centrally in the midfield when it was obvious he was the best thing in since midfield sliced bread. We know what they have done since. The Italians are playing belated catch up but they have lined up black dudes since Baletolli.

You can’t keep shooting your self in the foot while your competition is doing its best to get ahead of you and yet you complain. You can’t not expect your competitor not to attempt to undermine you while trying to win, Heck we do the job for them and undermine ourselves.

As per the Senegalese or Algerians - for every diaspora that settled for them I have a Patrick Viera or Zidane that took the next option. I don’t know but I’d argue a Mahrez is not quite in the same equation as a Zidane.

Our football is a microcosm of our nation. For a brief period in time in the early 90s we had an ‘accidental’ convenience of a crazy Dutchman who was more Nigerian than Nigerians and a VP in Aikhomu who indulged him coupled with a conglomerate of crazily talented guys. We won the AFCON but most would argue that generation still underachieved due to the Nigerian factor if not knowing how to build and manage success. Heck the Pharaohs and our plantain eating cousins did back to back AFCON wins while we were playing our usual silly games.

Fast forward to now, the Iwobis of this world are the exception. Maybe it was the JayJay factor. Save for arguably Victor Moses, every other Nigerian player born in the diaspora that has laced up for us, was never going to be first pickings for the country they were born or grew up in.

We want these guys to come play for us, you want the Nigerians that have succeeded in other spheres of life outside of Nigeria to consistently contribute and give their all back to the motherland, it is up to us to make our environment attractive.

I know this topic is specific about the diaspora, fundamentally, we have to develop and make Nigeria attractive to its citizens - all born in and outside of her shores. And it has to stop being a society like a wicked witch that consumes its own.

Newtonian physics is real. Nigeria is not a special place on earth that is immune to gravity or the every action and reaction principle. Loyalty is a 2 way street and not just an abstract concept.

If you build it, they will come as philosopher Costner once said . I’m a big believer in that principle. You build something worthwhile, it will attract the right folks. We can do this $#% and it will take both consistently small and Herculean effort, but build we must as a society or we perish.

Good luck to Udogie, God knows I wish he’d and many like him laced up for us but I do not begrudge the young man his choice.

God help, save and bless Nigeria and help save us from ourselves.