Coach Prime!

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Coach Prime!

Post by Kabalega »

One of my fav athletes of all time. It’s prime time, baby! :thumbs:
Why can’t we have coaches like this? Jose Mourinho came close. Pep maybe?

Meet the woman behind Deion Sanders’ ‘Coach Prime’ business empire
Bruce Feldman
Meet the woman behind Deion Sanders’ ‘Coach Prime’ business empire

FORT WORTH, Texas — It’s less than an hour after Colorado, a 20 1/2-point underdog, shocked No. 17 TCU — and the entire college football establishment — and disbelief hangs over Amon G. Carter Stadium. A few hundred yards away, Constance Schwartz-Morini sits in the back of a black SUV heading to a private airport, sifting through her smartphone as hundreds of congratulatory messages pour in.

Schwartz-Morini is one of the few leaving TCU who isn’t the least bit surprised at what she witnessed. A Colorado team that finished 1-11 last year, newly led by NFL legend Deion Sanders, underwent the biggest roster overhaul in college football history and just defeated an opponent that played for the College Football Playoff national championship last season.

A New Yorker with a deep Rolodex of sports contacts, Schwartz-Morini is Sanders’ business partner and manager, and much like Colorado’s new head coach, is like nothing college football has seen before.

Snoop Dogg calls Schwartz-Morini “a consigliere.” Sanders calls her “a visionary” and a “pit bull in pumps.” Colorado athletic director Rick George calls her “unique,” and says she has both Sanders’ and Colorado’s “best interest in mind.”

In the car, one of the first calls she makes is to Sanders, fresh off of his first FBS victory, led by his son Shedeur, who threw for a school-record 510 yards. The call is brief. The tone is celebratory. Schwartz-Morini informs him that during the broadcast, Sanders was featured in three national commercials — an Aflac ad co-starring Nick Saban; a new campaign for California Almonds; and a third, for KFC, which included his entire family.

It was a big day for Colorado, Deion Sanders and his brand.

The advertisements were all shot before Sanders’ surgeries to remove blood clots in both legs this offseason, and Schwartz-Morini had forgotten they were scheduled to run during the nationally televised season opener. Her team at SMAC Entertainment — it stands for Sports Media and Culture and includes Michael Strahan, Erin Andrews and Wiz Khalifa among its clients — knew the spots would be airing. Still, she’d been so focused on the Buffaloes’ debut that she didn’t realize it until she was in George’s suite. Seemingly every time she looked up at the TV, Coach Prime was on the screen.

“I had a group text going with my team: ‘This is amazing!’” Schwartz-Morini says. “Yes, it was exciting to win this first game, which we all knew he could, but it’s the first game. We have a long season ahead of us. I’m thankful for the brand partners for believing as well, but we are also now taking a breath. … We’ve got a long few months ahead of us.”

A Yonkers, N.Y., native, Schwartz-Morini grew up a fan of the Yankees, Giants and Rangers. Her dad, a former Marine, worked for MTA, the public transit authority. Her mom was a schoolteacher who later became a florist.

“I’m a blue-collar kid through and through,” she says proudly. “I always say I grew up in the shadow of Scarsdale, and then I grew up in the shadow of Syracuse going to SUNY-Oswego, so I had an attitude out of the gate.”

She graduated in the early 1990s in what she describes as the “dark ages” — as in pre-internet. She sought a career in advertising; she loved the creative element and was drawn to the idea of creating campaigns. She signed up with an employment agency, which pointed her toward an entry-level job with NFL Properties.

“It was similar to how my whole career has gone. My gut just went off — that’s where I belong,” Schwartz-Morini says.

Unfortunately for her, that job had been filled. She was advised to get office experience and learn everything she could in that capacity. So she did. Ten months later, she returned to the employment agency to inquire about any opportunities within the NFL. A job with Maureen Rosen, vice president of corporate sponsorships at NFL Properties, had opened. It would prove to be Schwartz-Morini’s big break.

“Once she saw how eager and hungry and capable I was, she said the more I could handle, the more she would let me do,” she says of Rosen.

Schwartz-Morini worked at the NFL for a decade, eventually becoming the league’s director of television programming and entertainment marketing.

“(Rosen) taught me everything she knew, and there were certain lessons that she taught me that to this day that I pass on to everybody that has ever worked with us at SMAC,” Schwartz-Morini says. “That is the golden rule, which is, when you mess up — I use a different word — which you’re going to do, you have to own it and go right to your boss and say I messed up. Because the more that you try to lie about something or just do it on your own, it’ll snowball and then it’s just too hard to ever fix it. That’s literally the golden rule of working with me.”

In 2001, Schwartz-Morini left the NFL to become a vice president at talent management agency The Firm, creating its strategic marketing and sponsorship division. For almost a decade, she managed Snoop Dogg as his career soared well beyond his music and helped him launch the Snoop Youth Football League. She was also the driving force behind Michael Strahan’s transition from Super Bowl champion defensive lineman to Emmy-winning host, TV producer, entrepreneur and bestselling author. In 2011, she and Strahan co-founded SMAC.

Though Schwartz-Morini had met Sanders while working at the NFL, the relationship grew through Snoop Dogg’s annual Snooper Bowl game, where his teams often competed against those in Deion’s Truth youth football program.

“After one of those games, he called me and said, ‘I’m looking for a new team. Could you tell me who handles Snoop’s marketing or Snoop’s PR?’ I said, ‘I do,’” she says. “And he just kept asking all these questions, and I said, ‘Well, do you want to work with me?’ He said, ‘That would be great. Let’s meet on that.’ And that’s how our relationship really started.”

That was about 14 years ago. In 2011, the Super Bowl and the Snooper Bowl were in Dallas. The league’s “NFL Honors” broadcast wanted to introduce the new Hall of Fame class, but Sanders, one of the candidates expected to be announced, was preoccupied. His team and Snoop’s team were playing amidst an unusual ice storm. As everyone shoveled snow off the field, the show producer pleaded with Schwartz-Morini to get Sanders over there.

But she pushed back.

“I was like, ‘He’s in the middle of a game for his kids. He’s not leaving. If it happens, call me, we’ll figure it out,’” she says.

So Schwartz-Morini improvised. She grabbed Snoop.

Why don’t you stop the game and make this announcement?

“It was really special because those guys are real friends, not Hollywood friends,” she says. “The fact that they’re amongst the kids and they stopped the game and everybody goes crazy and they announce that he’s going in (to the Hall of Fame), and we are all muddy head-to-toe. We couldn’t even get his car out because the parking lot was just stacked. A team mom had this small two-door car, and we jumped in, all muddy, and raced over to where NFL Honors was broadcasting, and he just went out in his coaching gear. But that is who he is.”

In 2020, Deion Sanders was at a crossroads. And if not for Schwartz-Morini’s influence, he might be spending his Saturdays fishing. After three seasons as offensive coordinator at Trinity Christian School in Cedar Hill, Texas, Sanders’ youngest son, Shedeur, was graduating. And Sanders wasn’t sure what to do next.

Prime was at a shoot for NFL Network when Schwartz-Morini stopped by.

“I’ve been baking one of my ideas, and I’m ready to tell you about it,” Sanders told her. He had reached out to the athletic director at Florida State; he wanted to help his alma mater recruit.

“I said, ‘What do you mean, you wanna help them recruit?’” Schwartz-Morini recalls. “‘Why would you help them recruit? Why wouldn’t you just go for it and be a head coach?’

“And he looked at me with this pause, like he does when he’s processing, and he said, ‘You’re right. Let’s go for it.’”

Schwartz-Morini called a friend who was a coaching agent to seek guidance. Though about 90 percent of FBS head coaches are represented by one of four firms that each have been in the game for decades, that detail was hardly a deterrent.

“She’s an innovator, a creator, smart, intelligent, but mostly she’s timely. Very timely,” Sanders, 56, says. “She knows what she wants, and she’s not gonna give in.

“She pretty much established the whole team that was behind the scenes. She got all the intricate details of helping me prepare for my interviews, which was phenomenal with all the intel that you need to prepare, and just connecting all the dots of the who’s who behind the curtains that I had no idea about.”

Hired by HBCU Jackson State in 2020, Sanders went 27-6 at a school that hadn’t had a winning season in the previous six years. Sanders’ team and staff tapped into social media to provide observers with a rare window into a program that became a fascination. Fans couldn’t get enough of them. Jackson State set an FCS attendance record for back-to-back seasons, averaging 43,500 fans. :shock: :thumbs:

“I’m not comparing coaching youth football and high school to the collegiate level, but when you’re Deion Sanders, and you’re a Hall of Famer, the only athlete to have played in a World Series and a Super Bowl, and have this commitment to these children, I knew he could do this if given the opportunity,” Schwartz-Morini says. “And now as he said, ‘Do you believe?’ I think people are catching on to our partnership and our vision, and just his belief in faith and his belief in kids.”

The “Prime Effect” at Colorado was instantaneous. Many of his Jackson State players — including his sons Shedeur, a gifted quarterback, and Shilo, a heady defensive back; and two-way star Travis Hunter — followed him to Boulder to a program that had been insignificant for 20 years. While the media picked Colorado to finish 11th in the Pac-12 preseason poll and outsiders scoffed at his unorthodox methods, some of those same skeptics are doing a 180 to hop on the Buffaloes bandwagon. :lol:

Season tickets sold out for the first time in 27 years within four months of his arrival. :shock: Colorado’s Buff Club, the athletic department’s fundraising arm, has smashed school records with over $28 million in donations — nearly $8 million more than it received for fiscal 2022. Game tickets are at a premium; the cheapest available for the Buffaloes’ home opener against Nebraska on Saturday was $350. And on Nike’s website, all the Deion-related Colorado items are sold out. Coach Prime famously may not be hard to find, but T-shirts and workout apparel branded with his mantras now are. :thumbs:

“It’s Operation Coach Prime. I’m like, fire up the factories!” Schwartz-Morini says. “They’ve already sold out of everything at the bookstore. They sold out of everything online. So I’m like, how do we amp this up?” :shock:

Deion Sanders credits manager Constance Schwartz-Morini for getting him into college coaching. (Lauren Justice / Bloomberg via Getty Images)

Twenty-four hours before Deion’s home opener against Nebraska, a 36-14 victory that lifted the program higher into the stratosphere, Colorado’s practice looks different than any other in college football. Players wear jerseys with their social media handles, not their last names, on their backs. The sidelines are overflowing with sports celebrities, from Terrell Owens to NBA stars. The scene is reminiscent of USC’s glory days two decades ago, when the likes of Snoop Dogg and Will Ferrell popped in on practices. :D

“Boulder is the new Hollywood,” says Mattrell McGraw, a product line manager with Nike. “T.O. is here. Shannon Sharpe is coming tomorrow. Wu-Tang is coming. Michael Irvin’s coming. Stephen A. (Smith) is coming. This is insane. It’s like a rocket ship. There is no one like Prime.” :thumbs:

Opportunities abound for not only Sanders, but also his sons and Hunter, all of whom are represented by SMAC for name, image and likeness opportunities. Among the NIL deals the players have landed: Beats by Dre, Brady Brand, Gatorade, Actively Black athleisure wear and KFC.

“We treat our student-athletes the way we treat all the professionals in the season of, is this something you would use if you weren’t getting paid for it?” says Schwartz-Morini. “That is something I would always tell Michael (Strahan) and Coach Prime when we first started working together.”

Schwartz-Morini’s business approach is rooted in the same outlier vibe that has enabled Sanders to do things few believed he could. They don’t get tangled up in the confines of why something can’t work, they instead live in the belief of why it will. In this regard, she and Sanders are kindred spirits.

“We leave it to all the naysayers on why we can’t,” she says. “It’s been like that since I started working with him and just what his next steps were. Same with my career. There are parallels with him and with me in this sense: The more people who tell us why we can’t do something just puts the battery in our back of why we can do it.”

(Illustration: Eamonn Dalton / The Athletic; photos: Ron Jenkins, Cindy Ord / Getty Images)

https://theathletic.com/4836011/2023/09 ... tz-morini/
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Coach Prime!

Post by mcal »

...he has charisma, knows hoe to talk to players. I hope he endures, win more games before his nemesis pounce.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Article too long. Lol
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He has done well for my alma mater. I am shocked to see the transformation. The team was at an all time low. I watched last year team quit. He comes in and kicks them off the team and brings in new players. Old school style tough coaching. He should watch his back though. There are racists that don’t like to see black people do well. He is going to win. Even if he doesn’t win, he has already won for Boulder. Businesses are booming. Excitement is back. I like his attitude. We need coaches like him in Africa. SSS is the closest in terms of attitude and charisma.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Other Sports
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:04 pm He has done well for my alma mater. I am shocked to see the transformation. The team was at an all time low. I watched last year team quit. He comes in and kicks them off the team and brings in new players. Old school style tough coaching. He should watch his back though. There are racists that don’t like to see black people do well. He is going to win. Even if he doesn’t win, he has already won for Boulder. Businesses are booming. Excitement is back. I like his attitude. We need coaches like him in Africa. SSS is the closest in terms of attitude and charisma.
I’m blown away by what he has done at Colorado.
How did he even end up in Colorado instead of Florida or Texas? It’s crazy to see how many players moved with him to Colorado. This would have been impossible a couple years ago. Add on the NIL marketing and the whole college game is unrecognizable. The timing was great.

If resists sabotage him, he will simply move to, the NFL! :thumbs:
That’s his final destination.

I hope to see him win a Super Bowl and a World Series as a.coach. :thumbs:

BTW, where is SSS? His ban must be over by now.
Last edited by Kabalega on Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

bamenda boy wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:48 pm Article too long. Lol
See the problem with watching too many YouTube shorts and TikTok. :lol:

You can skip the paragraphs about the woman and focus on the coach.
You can also use AI to summarize the article for you or use a “txt to speech” tool to read it for you.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Coach Prime has 3/3 wins. :thumbs:

Coach Prime Conquered College Football. Now Comes the Hard Part. - WSJ

Is the fever about to break on Colorado and Coach Prime Mania? It nearly did Saturday night in Boulder, in a sloppy double overtime contest against 24-point underdog Colorado State—“We started out playing like hot garbage,” Coach Prime acknowledged—but the Buffs rallied to stay undefeated at 3-0. The Most Unexpected and Delightful Party in Sports pushes on for at least another week.
Oregon is next, in Eugene. The also-undefeated, 10th-ranked Ducks are averaging 58 points per game and are the biggest threat Colorado has faced to date. If they fail to burst the bubble, fifth-ranked USC looms on Sep. 30.

It seems unlikely that a Colorado team which looked tired and disorganized against CSU will finish the month unbeaten. (They also lost two-way star Travis Hunter to a cheap hit.) It’s possible they will be 3-2 at month’s end, cooling the hype, giving the Coach Prime skeptics their Eager Moment of Schadenfreude, and we will finally start paying attention to other college football teams and coaches. We might look back and say: Remember when we all decided the biggest story in sports was Coach Prime and Colorado Buffaloes?

I doubt it fades entirely, however. Sanders has done too much already. It’s been stunning to watch one of the country’s most misbegotten programs (1-11 last season) instantly transformed into the team that everyone wants to watch. I couldn’t have been the only East Coaster on the couch early Sunday wondering: Why the heck am I watching a Colorado-Colorado State game at 1 a.m.? It’s reminiscent of Gordon Ramsay overhauling a decrepit diner. For years, Colorado served cold oatmeal. Now: Prime rib.

Buffalo football is suddenly one of the hottest tickets on Earth, catnip for celebrities and star athletes in other sports. Coach Prime, meanwhile, is the sun. Only Sanders can make a global movie star like the Rock feel like the second-most famous person in a mountain town. Even the often-injured NBA star Kawhi Leonard showed up to watch the game Saturday. As the Internet commentariat cracked: Kawhi doesn’t even show up to his own games.

Everyone craves a bite. ESPN and Fox hosted their pregame gabs on campus, Coach Prime dropping into both shows as the unquestioned Guest of Honor. Sanders also got a sit down Sunday on “60 Minutes”—a clear indicator that the story has progressed to a cultural phenomenon. This is the second Coach Prime column I’ve written in less than two weeks, and if they keep on winning, there will be more.
You’re not even mad. You’re curious, too.

Coach Prime arrived at the right time. For years, football has been stuck in a stale cycle of dominant teams, the same coaches giving the same bland sound bites. A summer’s worth of smoke-filled room conference chaos—Colorado is another program bailing on the Pac-12; it’s going to the Big 12—threatened to alienate the audience further.

But what’s happening in Colorado feels new. With more than 50 transfer players, including some from Sanders’s time at Jackson State—and a similar number pushed out the door—it represents what an aggressive college football program can be in 2023, as the sport shifts its power from schools and conferences to the people who actually make the game.

Colorado players celebrate a double overtime win against Colorado State. Photo: Ron Chenoy/USA TODAY Sports via Reuters Con
In this new landscape, personality matters. Tradition isn’t essential, and geography is a mere detail. Sanders is unabashed about college football’s entrepreneurial possibilities, whether it’s name, image or likeness, or the NFL for a lucky few. Colorado HQ is outfitted with famous Sanders-isms, including this all-timer: IF YOU LOOK GOOD, YOU FEEL GOOD. IF YOU FEEL GOOD, YOU PLAY GOOD. IF YOU PLAY GOOD, THEY PAY GOOD.

“My kids who play for me, they didn’t choose a university,” Coach Prime told “60 Minutes.” “They chose me.”

Perhaps the apex of Prime Mania is that there’s already speculation about what Sanders does after Colorado. Would Prime thrive at a different school? The SEC? The Big Ten? Would he jump to the NFL? (“I would never do that,” he told Rich Eisen of the pros.) Why stop with football? It’s only a matter of time before the management gurus and office consultants start offering Coach Prime 101. Wait until your boss closes the 9 a.m. meeting and says “Now give me my theme music!”

He does it his way, unabashedly. Sanders is happy to upend coaching conventions, whether it’s the theme music, his on-field style, his sanitized expletives (“bull junk”) and, most of all, his willingness to engage with outside noise. He happily turned a criticism from Colorado State’s coach about his habit of wearing a hat and sunglasses into motivational fuel—“They messed around and made it personal,” he quipped—and also made it a viral marketing bit for his sunglasses sponsor. Sanders greets his media appearances with the casual ease of a man who knows how to talk on camera. (The other night he followed up a live halftime TV interview with another live halftime TV interview.)

He does this all with the mild wink of a showman who wants you to know he’s having fun, too. Sanders surely suspects Colorado will have its hands full with Oregon and USC, especially if Travis Hunter is out, but he’s not going to do the standard coach’s routine of pooh-poohing the heightened expectations. Coach Prime isn’t going to chastise students for rushing Folsom Field after squeaking out a victory over 0-2 Colorado State. Let them enjoy. It’s been a while.

Does it all come apart with a losing streak? It’s possible. College football is a long season, and a hot program can be rendered human very quickly. Colorado is an exciting but newly-assembled team, capable of brilliant flashes but also careless mistakes. There are lots of critics eager to say ‘I told you so’ when Sanders takes a few Ls. I’m not there. I think Coach Prime is winning.

Write to Jason Gay at [email protected]

https://www.wsj.com/sports/football/coa ... ticle_pos3
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

I would not be surprised if the clueless NFA appoints him as Super Eagles' next coach
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He is ahead of schedule. My expectation is to just see a competitive team that won't be blown out every game. Last season team was dreadful. I stopped watching after the 6th game. They were blown out by 40 points every game. Coach Prime has already won, everything else na gravy. My expectation was to see improvement in year 2 and then challenge in year 3. The team is already competitive in year 1.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

This is what happens when you talk too much!

42 and counting....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The team is 3-1. Coach Prime please keep talking. I like how the team didn't give up. Still need to do a lot of work in recruiting. They need to shake it off and move onto the next game. The team is ahead of schedule. Many had them at 0-4 to start the season. 1-11 last season.

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:34 am The team is 3-1. Coach Prime please keep talking. I like how the team didn't give up. Still need to do a lot of work in recruiting. They need to shake it off and move onto the next game. The team is ahead of schedule. Many had them at 0-4 to start the season. 1-11 last season.
I agree about them forgetting this loss. They just need to make it into a bowl game. Three more wins will make them bowl eligible and that should exceed any preseason expectations
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

packerland wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:57 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:34 am The team is 3-1. Coach Prime please keep talking. I like how the team didn't give up. Still need to do a lot of work in recruiting. They need to shake it off and move onto the next game. The team is ahead of schedule. Many had them at 0-4 to start the season. 1-11 last season.
I agree about them forgetting this loss. They just need to make it into a bowl game. Three more wins will make them bowl eligible and that should exceed any preseason expectations
Exactly
And they can continue to build the depth and talent level. There are a lot of haters of black people doing well in America

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:04 am
packerland wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:57 am
Exactly
And they can continue to build the depth and talent level. There are a lot of haters of black people doing well in America
I can’t disagree with that statement.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
George Bush
Egg
Egg

Post by George Bush »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:04 pm He has done well for my alma mater. I am shocked to see the transformation. The team was at an all time low. I watched last year team quit. He comes in and kicks them off the team and brings in new players. Old school style tough coaching. He should watch his back though. There are racists that don’t like to see black people do well. He is going to win. Even if he doesn’t win, he has already won for Boulder. Businesses are booming. Excitement is back. I like his attitude. We need coaches like him in Africa. SSS is the closest in terms of attitude and charisma.

The Hen, how you dey? Long time. Dem just release me from witness protection and restore my internet privileges. Happy to see say you still full ground for hia. Coach Prime is full of hot air sha
Oti sheleh!!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

There were going to struggle through this stretch of games. Next up is USC with their Heisman guy, Caleb WIlliams. To make matters worse their main star, Hunter is out injured.

Oregon’s coach Lannings Pre-game pep talk:
“Rooted in substance, not flash,” Lanning told his team. “Today, we talk with our pads. The Cinderella story is over, men. They’re fighting for clicks. We’re fighting for wins. There’s a difference, right? There’s a difference, right? This game ain’t gonna be played in Hollywood. It’s gonna be played on the grass.”

At the end, Coach Prime said,
“A good, old-fashioned butt-kicking,” he said.
“You better get me right now. This is the worst we gonna be,” Sanders said. “You better get me right now.”
Get your butt up and let’s go. We ain’t got time to have a pity party,” Deion Sanders said. “Ain’t nobody walking around the locker room with napkins and tissues.”
“I don’t say stuff just to say it for a click, contrary to what some may say. Yeah, I keep receipts,” Sanders said. “He’s done a great job. God bless him. Take the shots. They won. I don’t shoot. I don’t do that. They won.”

https://theathletic.com/4893051/2023/09 ... n-lanning/

Let’s Siddon look 👀
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

One word: humility.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Hall of famer coach Prime. 2 time super bowl champion. You notice he doesn't attack anyone. 3 out of 4 head coaches have attacked him. Let's talk about humility.. He said he was confident not arrogant. He said it is not his fault that his confidence affects other people insecurity. He said there is no excuses. His team was beaten and this is the time uplift his team when they are down. He is a religious guy always preaching the gospel. I like him. It is rare to have an elite athlete that humble setting a good example. Usually elite athletes don't have the patience for coaching.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:44 pm Hall of famer coach Prime. 2 time super bowl champion. You notice he doesn't attack anyone. 3 out of 4 head coaches have attacked him. Let's talk about humility.. He said he was confident not arrogant. He said it is not his fault that his confidence affects other people insecurity. He said there is no excuses. His team was beaten and this is the time uplift his team when they are down. He is a religious guy always preaching the gospel. I like him. It is rare to have an elite athlete that humble setting a good example. Usually elite athletes don't have the patience for coaching.

I like him too!
But he needs to tone it down a little bit. Both he and his team are in their infancy and cannot be inviting this level of pressure on themselves at this stage..

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

txj wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:17 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:44 pm Hall of famer coach Prime. 2 time super bowl champion. You notice he doesn't attack anyone. 3 out of 4 head coaches have attacked him. Let's talk about humility.. He said he was confident not arrogant. He said it is not his fault that his confidence affects other people insecurity. He said there is no excuses. His team was beaten and this is the time uplift his team when they are down. He is a religious guy always preaching the gospel. I like him. It is rare to have an elite athlete that humble setting a good example. Usually elite athletes don't have the patience for coaching.

I like him too!
But he needs to tone it down a little bit. Both he and his team are in their infancy and cannot be inviting this level of pressure on themselves at this stage..
:lol: :lol: :lol: Where do you think “Prime TIme” came from?

If I remember correctly his quote back then was,
Quarterbacks get paid big bucks, wide receivers get paid big bucks, for the rest of us, it’s  prime time!
There is a detailed story at here.
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/deio ... asquerade/
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

They are now saying there is a rumor that a group of coaches helped Oregon with a game plan to beat Colorado. The way the coach of Oregon was talking and the way he approached the game makes that rumor believable. But Colorado got to move on. The game has exposed some weakness. Learn from them and move on. Haters gonna hate. It is like gravity. There is nothing you can do about haters. Just recruit and keep getting better.

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:14 am They are now saying there is a rumor that a group of coaches helped Oregon with a game plan to beat Colorado. The way the coach of Oregon was talking and the way he approached the game makes that rumor believable. But Colorado got to move on. The game has exposed some weakness. Learn from them and move on. Haters gonna hate. It is like gravity. There is nothing you can do about haters. Just recruit and keep getting better.
Dude what’s wrong with you?
Smh you have issues dude