Coach Prime!

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Coach Prime!

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The thread starter is so childishly indisciplined. How can you open an American football thread on this forum? Show some respect for the rules.

Mods, please do your duty and relocate this thread to where it really belongs, smh❗️

Cheers.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You are just an angry old man. Give it up. You are over 70 years old. Let young people enjoy themselves.
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:08 am The thread starter is so childishly indisciplined. How can you open an American football thread on this forum? Show some respect for the rules.

Mods, please do your duty and relocate this thread to where it really belongs, smh❗️

Cheers.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

txj wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:16 pm One word: humility.
i assume you know the history of prime, he only knows one way. he hasn't disrespected opponents, opponents have disrespected him, including the oregon coach.

preach

Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

1naija wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:31 am You are just an angry old man. Give it up. You are over 70 years old. Let young people enjoy themselves.
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:08 am The thread starter is so childishly indisciplined. How can you open an American football thread on this forum? Show some respect for the rules.

Cheers.
one of the few football programs in worse shape than ours is uconn forgive brother tony for not wanting to talk about college football.

thankfully we have five cupcake games to start the season, one win from bowl eligibility before texas!
Saints baby we did it
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

That was a serious beating by Oregon. I love the excitement that Deion has brought to the CU program. CU is in my county and I live a few miles down the road from the stadium. His impact isn't only with the team. There's an economic impact too with the city of Boulder and the program making tens of millions each gameday.

But let's not get too carried away. The team is not that good. They commit too many penalties and both the defensive and offensive lines are weak. I expect the team to get better next season as the prime effect attracts more quality talent to the program
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The team is okay. They are not national contenders but they are not as bad as they played against Oregon. Just had a bad day. Also dealing with a lot of injuries. I would be happy with a bowl game and continuous improvement. They just have to make some adjustments. The teams they have beaten this season are now a combined 6-0 after playing Colorado. They are already ahead of schedule in the rebuild in my opinion. We need coaches like Prime in Nigeria. Keshi(RIP) had his man management skills and some of his confidence. SSS has his confidence too. Now we have to settle with people going to the world cup to learn.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:19 am The team is okay. They are not national contenders but they are not as bad as they played against Oregon. Just had a bad day. Also dealing with a lot of injuries. I would be happy with a bowl game and continuous improvement. They just have to make some adjustments. The teams they have beaten this season are now a combined 6-0 after playing Colorado. They are already ahead of schedule in the rebuild in my opinion. We need coaches like Prime in Nigeria. Keshi(RIP) had his man management skills and some of his confidence. SSS has his confidence too. Now we have to settle with people going to the world cup to learn.
Kai, how is Yobo? Is he still working with the NFF? I hope he is working on his coaching badges.
John Mikel Obi is another one who would make a great coach. But he has what it takes to succeed anywhere in the game.

A lot of talented players will soon want to join Colorado.
Wait and see the other programs copy their blueprint, even as they publicly bash it.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

1naija wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:31 am You are just an angry old man. Give it up. You are over 70 years old. Let young people enjoy themselves.

Cheers.
You are so fixated with age. Are you getting ready to peg off? Not many will miss your senile posts🤐❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

King Futcha wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:42 am

Cheers.
one of the few football programs in worse shape than ours is uconn forgive brother tony for not wanting to talk about college football.

thankfully we have five cupcake games to start the season, one win from bowl eligibility before texas!
UConn has 2 bowl championships. How many does your school have? In fact, people whose teams have never won basketball, baseball, soccer and football titles shouldn’t dare to talk about UConn🤔😀

In fact, I’ve refrained from mentioning lacrosse and ultimate disc because I’m quite sure you’ve never heard of those in your neck of the woods. You name it, UConn’s done it😀😀😀❗️

Cheers.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I am not convinced they are OK. I've watched their last two games and the defensive lapses and pks they've incurred raise many questions about their level. Let's see how they perform in the next few games. I believe USC is up next
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:19 am The team is okay. They are not national contenders but they are not as bad as they played against Oregon. Just had a bad day. Also dealing with a lot of injuries. I would be happy with a bowl game and continuous improvement. They just have to make some adjustments. The teams they have beaten this season are now a combined 6-0 after playing Colorado. They are already ahead of schedule in the rebuild in my opinion. We need coaches like Prime in Nigeria. Keshi(RIP) had his man management skills and some of his confidence. SSS has his confidence too. Now we have to settle with people going to the world cup to learn.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Cheers.
It's football!
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Kabalega wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:56 pm
txj wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:17 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:44 pm Hall of famer coach Prime. 2 time super bowl champion. You notice he doesn't attack anyone. 3 out of 4 head coaches have attacked him. Let's talk about humility.. He said he was confident not arrogant. He said it is not his fault that his confidence affects other people insecurity. He said there is no excuses. His team was beaten and this is the time uplift his team when they are down. He is a religious guy always preaching the gospel. I like him. It is rare to have an elite athlete that humble setting a good example. Usually elite athletes don't have the patience for coaching.

I like him too!
But he needs to tone it down a little bit. Both he and his team are in their infancy and cannot be inviting this level of pressure on themselves at this stage..
:lol: :lol: :lol: Where do you think “Prime TIme” came from?

If I remember correctly his quote back then was,
Quarterbacks get paid big bucks, wide receivers get paid big bucks, for the rest of us, it’s  prime time!
There is a detailed story at here.
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/deio ... asquerade/
Thought Prime Time came from his days with MC. Hammer?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

YUJAM wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:00 am I am not convinced they are OK. I've watched their last two games and the defensive lapses and pks they've incurred raise many questions about their level. Let's see how they perform in the next few games. I believe USC is up next
USC is the better team. But anything can happen if they have home filed advantage and tackle well with a good game plan. I watched the last game. They were just out coached and didnt tackle well.

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

bamenda boy wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:58 am
Kabalega wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:56 pm
txj wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:17 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:44 pm Hall of famer coach Prime. 2 time super bowl champion. You notice he doesn't attack anyone. 3 out of 4 head coaches have attacked him. Let's talk about humility.. He said he was confident not arrogant. He said it is not his fault that his confidence affects other people insecurity. He said there is no excuses. His team was beaten and this is the time uplift his team when they are down. He is a religious guy always preaching the gospel. I like him. It is rare to have an elite athlete that humble setting a good example. Usually elite athletes don't have the patience for coaching.

I like him too!
But he needs to tone it down a little bit. Both he and his team are in their infancy and cannot be inviting this level of pressure on themselves at this stage..
:lol: :lol: :lol: Where do you think “Prime TIme” came from?

If I remember correctly his quote back then was,
Quarterbacks get paid big bucks, wide receivers get paid big bucks, for the rest of us, it’s  prime time!
There is a detailed story at here.
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/deio ... asquerade/
Thought Prime Time came from his days with MC. Hammer?
I don’t think so.
Apparently his peers called him “Prime Time” for his basketball exploits in high school.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The team is improving. Need to correct a couple of things. Lost today 48-41 to USC. I am happy with the improvement. Still need about 7 to 8 new players. But I like the progress.

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Colorado is the new USC.
It’s just a matter of time.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Kabalega wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:24 pm Colorado is the new USC.
It’s just a matter of time.
...you must have been standing by, with sleepless nights for this loss to happen. Don't worry there will be more.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I follow college football as much as real football. Fighting Irish fan for decades!

👏🏈👏

I’ve got a lot to say about the Coach Prime circus. I will when I get back from vacation.

But I’ll briefly say: Sanders has an opportunity with NIL, transfers, and charismatic as well as solid coaching to take the sport to another level…if he doesn’t let the hype and circus part of this get out of hand.

It’s not quite Miami of the 90s. But the Hollywood stuff can be distracting. If for nothing else, it puts a bullseye on you. Cue Oregon.

I prefer Marcus Freeman. I’ll explain later.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:13 pm The team is improving. Need to correct a couple of things. Lost today 48-41 to USC. I am happy with the improvement. Still need about 7 to 8 new players. But I like the progress.
Both defenses are horrible. High octane offenses. Like I said, I’ll join in later in this talk…we should probably have a USA football section?
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We have other sports for American football. The goal for Colorado this year is to continue to show improvement. The team had several injuries on defense and still held the best offense to no points in the last quarter. If not for two or three costly mistakes would have won the game. Graudsl progress, then we can contend in 2 years from now.

Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:37 pm We have other sports for American football. The goal for Colorado this year is to continue to show improvement. The team had several injuries on defense and still held the best offense to no points in the last quarter. If not for two or three costly mistakes would have won the game. Graudsl progress, then we can contend in 2 years from now.

IT'S JUST COLORADO BEING EXPOSED

They're simply not ready for prime time. Victory over an overrated TCU and bottom-feeders Nebraska misled them, the media and fans and raising expectations.

Injuries & mistakes? You think the others don't have theirs? The good teams just overcome them.
Bell
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I admire Prime. I think what he's doing is great for black coaches and footballers, Its even more significant for HBCUs.

But personally, I take Marcus Freeman, and not just cus I like Notre Dame...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Bell wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:51 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:37 pm We have other sports for American football. The goal for Colorado this year is to continue to show improvement. The team had several injuries on defense and still held the best offense to no points in the last quarter. If not for two or three costly mistakes would have won the game. Graudsl progress, then we can contend in 2 years from now.

IT'S JUST COLORADO BEING EXPOSED

They're simply not ready for prime time. Victory over an overrated TCU and bottom-feeders Nebraska misled them, the media and fans and raising expectations.

Injuries & mistakes? You think the others don't have theirs? The good teams just overcome them.
Bell
exposed? i thought you kept your nonsense in other sports. colorado were projected to win 3 games this season. they have now won four games. care to explain how they were exposed again?
Saints baby we did it