2030 World Cup: Tournament to be held across six countries in three continents

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
2030 World Cup: Tournament to be held across six countries in three continents

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67010609
The 2030 World Cup will be held across six countries in three continents, Fifa has confirmed.

Spain, Portugal and Morocco have been named as the co-hosts, with the opening three matches taking place in Uruguay, Argentina and Paraguay.

The opening matches in South America are to mark the World Cup's centenary as it will be 100 years since the inaugural tournament in Montevideo.

The decision is set to be ratified at a Fifa congress next year.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2030 World Cup: Tournament to be held across six countries in three continents

Post by vancity eagle »

What kind of stupidity is that ?

So after the first 3 matches, those teams will fly from South America to Europe ?
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2030 World Cup: Tournament to be held across six countries in three continents

Post by Undertaker »

FIFA is still corrupted to the fullest of the law! Thieves!!!!!!!!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:56 pm What kind of stupidity is that ?

So after the first 3 matches, those teams will fly from South America to Europe?
I said exactly the same thing like you did. I think Fifa is confused of what to do
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I don’t know what you guys are on about but I see nothing wrong with FIFA expanding the opportunity for fans all over the world to watch the World Cup in person. In fact, they should be commended for making it possible for fans on 3 different continents to watch the tournament up close and live🤔❗️

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:23 am :clap: :clap:
I don’t know what you guys are on about but I see nothing wrong with FIFA expanding the opportunity for fans all over the world to watch the World Cup in person. In fact, they should be commended for making it possible for fans on 3 different continents to watch the tournament up close and live🤔❗️

Cheers.
:clap:

This is like professional whinning....WC finals increased>whine; more opportunities for fans all over to watch games live>whine...it is a winning party. Extreme difficulty dealing with change and newness.

Some of these teams play across continents in other situations. What is the big deal as long as the rest period us built in. Are these not same players that are invited from one continent to the other to play internationals ( including friendlies) or are they Martians?

Look player reps may fume but these things are bound to be megotiated.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

FIFA will be celebrating its 100th anniversary and hence the game is scheduled to be played in several continents in celebration of such feat. Based on such, my postion about the game schedule is changed.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

This a trick for Africa. Now they can't bid because Morocco has hosted. I doubt Morocco will host more than 7 games in the tournament
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:12 am

Cheers.

This is like professional whinning....WC finals increased>whine; more opportunities for fans all over to watch games live>whine...it is a winning party. Extreme difficulty dealing with change and newness.

Some of these teams play across continents in other situations. What is the big deal as long as the rest period us built in. Are these not same players that are invited from one continent to the other to play internationals ( including friendlies) or are they Martians?

So you will not complain if Nigeria has to play in Paraguay in the first match, then fly to play in Portugal against our next opponent who has been in Portugal all along ?

You have no problem with this ?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:26 am
Enugu II wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:12 am

Cheers.

So you will not complain if Nigeria has to play in Paraguay in the first match, then fly to play in Portugal against our next opponent who has been in Portugal all along ?

You have no problem with this ?
Why would I? Are World Cup fixtures not without quirks currently? You currently may have one team playing all group games in one venue and others traveling. Is th a t not the case? So how is this that much different as long as time in between games are certified okay? No big deal. In the American Football today, teams travel to London and play and return next t week to play elsewhere in the USA. These things happen and spectators benefit from such dispersed hosting.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...as long as fifa will foot 99% of the travel bill.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

You people encouraging this cross continent tournament are the same one that will come here and cry foul that African teams are the ones made to travel to other continent for their matches.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .