Rwanda vs SA (2-0). Lesotho vs Benin (0-0)

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rwanda vs SA (2-0). Lesotho vs Benin (0-0)

Post by vancity eagle »

This is a massive result for us. Even the 2 goals victory. Thank the Lord.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I am impressed by the play of Rwanda, TBH. If Nigeria is not careful and SE continues to play lackadaisically, Nigeria will find itself losing to Rwanda. We may all be focused on RSA but I feel Rwanda deserved the win today. Confident on the ball and they have about three very good players in the middle.
Last edited by Enugu II on Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

It looks like Rwanda is the team to beat in this group :)
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

spastic wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:54 pm It looks like Rwanda is the team to beat in this group :)
KPOM. Not just because of this win but they way they play on the ball can be a challenge. However, if Nigeria gets serious the SE should beat them. BUT WE MUST WAKE UP FAST!!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

As I said in the zoom chat, this group is wide open. That goal by Kele will become very important. Glad we didn't lose. Game on...now we must focus on Afcon and fixing our SE
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Maybe the weekend was the wake up call we needed. We could easily have been on 6pts now. And we would have taken Rwanda lightly.

Now no one will be in doubt of the mountain to be climbed. We can’t say we haven’t been warned.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:52 pm I am impressed by the play of Rwanda, TBH. If Nigeria is not careful and SE continues to play lackadaisically, Nigeria will find itself losing to Rwanda. We may all be focused on RSA but I feel Rwanda deserved the win today. Confident on the ball and they have about three very good players in the middle.
yes, you are very correct we will struggle against Rwanda, especially going to high altitude and very thin air in the southern African nation, unless 419 Preserio is sacked, more competition for our goalkeeper not just Nzoho every time, and our midfield needs to be more defensive midfielders not just only attacking midfielders to play out position. and stupid NFF needs to plan so our matches can be played on Saturday and Tuesday.
thanks
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Rwanda is the only team to have played 2 home matches. Keep that in mind.

If you ask me, these teams are all very similar in ability, with Lesotho being slightly worse, and South Africa being slightly better.

This group shouldn't be that tough for us if we go about it the right way.

Uzoho must be dropped for heavens sake.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Seems Nigeria and Peseiro have the upper hands now.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:09 pm Rwanda is the only team to have played 2 home matches. Keep that in mind.

If you ask me, these teams are all very similar in ability, with Lesotho being slightly worse, and South Africa being slightly better.

VE

True. However, note that they used their home games well. Nigeria did not!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Also note that Nigeria is the only team in the group that has played 2 games with 4 keys starters (Osimhen, Ndidi, Chukwueze, Zaidu) missing. Many teams will struggle with such hole in their team.
Enugu II wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:18 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:09 pm Rwanda is the only team to have played 2 home matches. Keep that in mind.

VE

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Prasis da lord!..always....
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Phew! We always suspected South Africa would drop points away from home, and I'm relieved to see they’ve not improved in that respect. This puts us right back in the mix. I don't really see Rwanda as a threat. In normal circumstances this group should have been a walk in the park for us, but our home record of late has been worrying. For the past 2-3 years, we've struggled with our home games. We need to win our home games to top this group.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

1naija wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:31 pm Also note that Nigeria is the only team in the group that has played 2 games with 4 keys starters (Osimhen, Ndidi, Chukwueze, Zaidu) missing. Many teams will struggle with such hole in their team.
Enugu II wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:18 pm

VE

These are key players !
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

Quite honestly, we are not that good to take advantage of the ineptitude of others.

Also, these so called minnows are becoming much better while we so called "big boys" are not improving a lick.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...the over fed are being licked left right and center.
But in some quarters smart teams are taking care of business, and do their iyanga later.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Aswani wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:55 pm Quite honestly, we are not that good to take advantage of the ineptitude of others.

Also, these so called minnows are becoming much better while we so called "big boys" are not improving
a lick.
Great observation, and well said.
Yesterday's 'minnows' are are putting a scare on the overhyped 'big boys'.
Unfortunately many here fail to comprehend the meaning of competition.
They expect the SE to score four goals before half-time. With bad attitude,
lack of individual focus and team discipline, all to be expected is a miracle.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges