Ivory Coast Afcon squad

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ivory Coast Afcon squad

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Chei…..see squad :scared: :scared: :scared:
Anything less than a 2 goal loss to CIV will be like a victory. Even Zaha couldn’t make the list. :shock:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/ ... ions-squad
OCCUPY NFF!!
packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: Ivory Coast Afcon squad

Post by packerland »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:48 pm Chei…..see squad :scared: :scared: :scared:
Anything less than a 2 goal loss to CIV will be like a victory. Even Zaha couldn’t make the list. :shock:

Tournament hasn't started and you're already shaking :rotf: :rotf: Minus gk, Ivory coast squad from the beginning of their golden generation have always been stacked on paper. The games will be played on the green grass (real or artificial).

I never like playing the host country even if na Qatar. Referees like to impress the home crowd and the dignitaries even if they're not bribed.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

packerland wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:31 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:48 pm Chei…..see squad :scared: :scared: :scared:

Tournament hasn't started and you're already shaking :rotf: :rotf: Minus gk, Ivory coast squad from the beginning of their golden generation have always been stacked on paper. The games will be played on the green grass (real or artificial).

I never like playing the host country even if na Qatar. Referees like to impress the home crowd and the dignitaries even if they're not bribed.

Guess who else is stacked on paper. :sneaky:
We’re stacked on cardboard bro. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

That's not a super intimidating Ivorian squad, most of their midfielders/players are in the twilight of their careers
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:35 pm
packerland wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:31 pm

Guess who else is stacked on paper. :sneaky:
We’re stacked on cardboard bro. :laugh:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: no shaking then. May the thickest win
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Squad:
Goalkeepers: Boubacar Barry (Beveren, Belgium), Gerard Gnanhouan (Montpellier, France), Jean-Jacques Tizie (Esperance, Tunisia)
Defenders: Arthur Boka (Racing Strasbourg, France), Guy Demel (Hamburg SV, Germany), Cyrille Domoraud (Creteil, France), Emmanuel Eboue (Arsenal, England), Blaise Kossi Kouassi (Troyes, France), Abdoulaye Meite (Olympique Marseille, France), Kolo Toure (Arsenal, England), Marc Zoro (Messina, Italy)
Midfielders: Kanga Akale (AJ Auxerre), Emerse Fae (Nantes, France), Christian Koffi Ndri (Le Mans, France), Siaka Tiene (St Etienne, France), Gilles Yapi Yapo (Nantes, France), Gneri Yaya Toure (Olympiakos Piraeus, Greece), Didier Zokora (St Etienne, France)
Strikers: Aruna Dindane (Racing Lens, France), Didier Drogba (Chelsea, England), Bonaventure Kalou (Paris St Germain, France), Arouna Kone (PSV Eindhoven, Netherlands), Bakary Kone (Nice, France).
this squad would beat today's squad 5-0 and they didn't win, nothing to fear.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

That’s a mediocre squad by Ivorian standards. It’s gonna be a tough tournament for them as hosts.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

@ Tobi and Emir,

I need you two to settele this. Was Boubacar Barry a good goal keeper? Besides the penalty save, I thought he was pants but my guy King Futcha thinks he's a legend lol
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

This ivorian squad is more balanced than the Golden generation one.

More options at CB. Besides Yaya, this midfield is better with Kessie, Sangare, Fofana

Drogba, Yaya, boka, eboue, Zokora, Kolo Toure are the big players from that team though.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:56 pm This ivorian squad is more balanced than the Golden generation one.

More options at CB. Besides Yaya, this midfield is better with Kessie, Sangare, Fofana

Drogba, Yaya, boka, eboue, Zokora, Kolo Toure are the big players from that team though.
The current midfied is average, lots of aging player etc, defence looks solid, attack is decent as alway.

It's asinine to compare this current Ivorian squad to their previous golden generation, not even close in quality and depth.

Ivory Coast will struggle as host in this AFCON
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

packerland wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:00 pm @ Tobi and Emir,

I need you two to settele this. Was Boubacar Barry a good goal keeper? Besides the penalty save, I thought he was pants but my guy King Futcha thinks he's a legend lol
Barry was a conundrum for me, there were those moments when he was absolutely world class, and there was those moments when you wondered if he was a postman just randomly picked up from the streets to man the post for CIV...I wouldn't call him a legend, but he was a likable fellow and was at best average.