2024 Continental tournaments

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
2024 Continental tournaments

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2024 Continental tournaments

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Europeans: a case study in hypocrisy.

No one in Europe is making any waves about Asian players leaving for the Asian cup in January but they’ll do everything in their power to frustrate Africans who want to represent their respective countries🤔❗️

Cheers.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

So two "Big" tournaments in the summer and two "Little" tournaments in the winter? :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:45 pm Europeans: a case study in hypocrisy.

No one in Europe is making any waves about Asian players leaving for the Asian cup in January but they’ll do everything in their power to frustrate Africans who want to represent their respective countries🤔❗️

Cheers.
Why did you ignore my earlier response to this? Most players in the Asian Cup play in Asia, African Cup however affects way more European leagues in comparison. I posted links as well. If our players were mainly in African they wouldn’t be able to say ish about our tournament…just in the EPL alone there are 3 times more players leaving for the AFCON than those leaving for the Asian Cup (30 vs 9). There’s really just a handful of Asian players in the top European leagues compared to Africans…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:47 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:45 pm Europeans: a case study in hypocrisy.

Cheers.
Why did you ignore my earlier response to this? Most players in the Asian Cup play in Asia, African Cup however affects way more European leagues in comparison. I posted links as well. If our players were mainly in African they wouldn’t be able to say ish about our tournament…just in the EPL alone there are 3 times more players leaving for the AFCON than those leaving for the Asian Cup (30 vs 9). There’s really just a handful of Asian players in the top European leagues compared to Africans…
Mace,

I did not ignore your earlier post. I just did not have an appropriate response, not being all that familiar with the Asian distribution of soccer players in Europe… but I will tell you now that the Asian players in the EPL, however few, are vital to the performance of their clubs yet don’t draw any resistance whatsoever when they want to leave for international competitions. African players on the other hand, even the fringe players, are cajoled and bullied to the ends of the earth when they get opportunities to represent the fatherland. To me, that’s just an extension of the unspoken European mantra that Africans should be seen and not be heard🤔❗️

Cheers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:35 pm

Cheers.
Mace,

I did not ignore your earlier post. I just did not have an appropriate response, not being all that familiar with the Asian distribution of soccer players in Europe… but I will tell you now that the Asian players in the EPL, however few, are vital to the performance of their clubs yet don’t draw any resistance whatsoever when they want to leave for international competitions. African players on the other hand, even the fringe players, are cajoled and bullied to the ends of the earth when they get opportunities to represent the fatherland. To me, that’s just an extension of the unspoken European mantra that Africans should be seen and not be heard🤔❗️

Cheers.
I hear what you are saying, but if you look it up it’s really just a handful of them in European league and it’s more to do with the fact they are self sufficient and their players mainly play in their leagues that Europe can’t really make a stink about them because they don’t ’need’ Europe…In La Liga there’s currently only 1 (Take Kubo), in Serie A about 3, Ligue 1 about 3 etc so you get the drift…I’m just saying also keep that in mind, because your argument might be a false equivalence…our over reliance on someone else is gonna make it easier for that person to chat sh1t about us and we just have to take it…

On the other hand you now see how the Asian leagues have Europe shaking with those big money acquisitions in the summer that they started spilling some of their vitriol towards them and asking for a ban on transfers to Saudi league etc…so the hate from Europe is there, it’s just in a different way based on different circumstances…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:21 pm

Cheers.
Mace,

Cheers.
I hear what you are saying, but if you look it up it’s really just a handful of them in European league and it’s more to do with the fact they are self sufficient and their players mainly play in their leagues that Europe can’t really make a stink about them because they don’t ’need’ Europe…In La Liga there’s currently only 1 (Take Kubo), in Serie A about 3, Ligue 1 about 3 etc so you get the drift…I’m just saying also keep that in mind, because your argument might be a false equivalence…our over reliance on someone else is gonna make it easier for that person to chat sh1t about us and we just have to take it…

On the other hand you now see how the Asian leagues have Europe shaking with those big money acquisitions in the summer that they started spilling some of their vitriol towards them and asking for a ban on transfers to Saudi league etc…so the hate from Europe is there, it’s just in a different way based on different circumstances…
Hmm…it feels like they’re a lot more Japanese and Korean players scattered all over Europe. I’m surprised by your numbers.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:21 pm

Cheers.
Mace,

Cheers.

Mace, the thing is we really don’t need Europe. They need us a lot more than we need them. Think about it, is anyone forcing European leagues to sign African players? Of course not. They recruit African players because of the immense value those players bring to their clubs. Moreover, the absence of that many African players from our local leagues makes it that much more difficult for Africans to develop their own local leagues. Like everybody else, the Europeans should learn to take the good with the bad🤔❗️

Cheers.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Cheers.
...many factors comes to play.
Not too many key Asian players play in Europe
Some Asian billionaires own clubs in Europe.
Asian football federations have clout at fifa vs African fa chiefs who are just there to answer, "sir, yes sir".
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Are you serious? 😳

Son is the captain of Spurs, Kim plays for Bayern, Tomiyasu plays for Arsenal, and Hwang, Take Kubo, and Mitoma are the star players at Wolves, Real Sociedad, and Brighton respectively, and Ritsu Doan is a key player for Freiburg.

These are just a few examples.

Most of the Japanese 🇯🇵 and South Korean 🇰🇷 national team players play in Europe - yet we hear diddly squat about them leaving to play in the Asian Cup.

mcal wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:48 pm
Asian football federations have clout at fifa vs African fa chiefs who are just there to answer, "sir, yes sir".
Last edited by wiseone on Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

wiseone wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:30 am Are you serious? 😳

Son is the captain of Spurs, Kim plays for Bayern, Hwang, Take Kubo, and Mitoma are the star players at Wolves, Real Sociedad, and Brighton respectively, and Ritsu Doan is a key player for Freiburg.

These are just a few examples.

Most of the Japanese 🇯🇵 and South Korean 🇰🇷 national team players play in Europe - yet we hear diddly squat about them leaving to play in the Asian Cup.

I am not aware of any Japanese or South Korean citizens who own big European clubs in the major leagues.

mcal wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:48 pm
...I said Asian, I was not specific what country in Asia.
That said, you attack one Asian player/country you attack all, you cannot say such about Africa or African player.