New Brazil manager: Dorival Jr leaves Sao Paulo to take job

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
New Brazil manager: Dorival Jr leaves Sao Paulo to take job

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67908693
Dorival Jr has left his role as coach of Brazilian side Sao Paulo and is set to take charge of the country's national team.

His departure from Sao Paulo was announced by the club on X, formerly known as Twitter, but the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) is yet to confirm his appointment.

"It's a personal dream come true," said the 61-year-old.

Brazil parted company with interim coach Fernando Diniz on Friday.

The CBF was keen to appoint a coach on a permanent basis with Brazil in South America's sixth and final automatic qualifying place for the 2026 World Cup.

Brazil followed a draw against Venezuela on October 13 by losing their next three qualifiers against Argentina, Colombia and Uruguay.

Dorival's first matches in charge of Brazil will be prestigious friendlies in March against England and Spain in Europe.

He led Flamengo to the Copa Libertadores title and the Brazilian Cup in 2022 before joining Sao Paulo, whom he guided to their first Brazilian Cup last year.

The much-travelled coach has also taken charge of Atletico Mineiro, Athletico Paranaense, Internacional, Vasco da Gama, Fluminense and Palmeiras.

ADVERTISEMENT

Dorival, a defensive midfielder in his playing days, added that the move "was only possible because I received recognition for the work carried out in Sao Paulo".

Diniz - who had a one-year contract combining the role with his post as coach of Copa Libertadores champions Fluminense - oversaw three defeats, a draw and two wins in his qualifiers in charge.

Brazil have been without a permanent head coach since the 2022 World Cup, when Tite resigned following their quarter-final defeat by Croatia. Under-20s coach Ramon Menezes took charge before Diniz was appointed.

CBF president Ednaldo Rodrigues claimed last July that Carlo Ancelotti would take over from Diniz this summer, but the 64-year-old Italian signed a new deal with Real Madrid late last month to keep him at the club until June 2026.

Sao Paulo president Julio Casares said their coach being chosen to lead the Brazil national team showed the club is being run impressively.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
joao
Egg
Egg
Re: New Brazil manager: Dorival Jr leaves Sao Paulo to take job

Post by joao »

So the rumor about Ancelotti is just that.
Brazil has similar football issues with Nigeria. Individual and team discipline are the main culprits.
Both teams need coaches with discipline based on team focus and players following scripted agenda.
Without remorse I say Neymar is not an asset to Brazil, nor is the legion of bad attitude players
on SE. Just looking at the results both teams have been getting lately and the on-field players actions
should buttress my claim.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

I don’t recall Brazil ever having a Black coach?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Think they’d rather wear Albiceleste and play home games in Buenos Aires.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

joao wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:52 pm So the rumor about Ancelotti is just that.
Brazil has similar football issues with Nigeria. Individual and team discipline are the main culprits.
Both teams need coaches with discipline based on team focus and players following scripted agenda.
Without remorse I say Neymar is not an asset to Brazil, nor is the legion of bad attitude players
on SE. Just looking at the results both teams have been getting lately and the on-field players actions
The difference between us and them is that they are sure bet to qualify for the WC. We’ve missed it twice plus other times we could’ve missed it.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

They were concrete , but Carlo just extended his contract with REal until 2026 and then Brazil moved for their new coach . For me this is a good hire . There is a COPA America hosted in The States , me i dey go watch Brazil . Houston do host like 3 to 4 games
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Olayemi14
Egg
Egg

Post by Olayemi14 »

The CBF President whom he was talking to got sacked by the Federation. Carlo moved on afterwards. FIFA threatened to ban Brazil and toss them out of the Olympics. I believe there is an upcoming deadline for the qualifiers. The CBF President was reinstated by the courts and had to hire a FT Manager since Carlo walked.
Active member of the JOM & JM Fan Clubs. Baba Eleran of Chelsea FC.