Senegal's goals against Gambia

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Senegal's goals against Gambia

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Crisp, accurate, well-taken shots, executed with superb technique! All 3 of them. This is a guess but I'm guessing some(or all) of those goal scorers for Senegal came up through the French academy system. Meanwhile our "world class" players are huffing and puffing to kill birds with their "shots".

Wha choo looking at?!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Senegal's goals against Gambia

Post by YUJAM »

Lamine Camara is from Casamance - S Senegal. He went through Gen Foot one of their three major academies and played in their league briefly. He won player of the tourney for both the CHAN and U20 AFCON. He moved from the league to Metz where he won an immediate starting position. I think he may be one of those generational talents. Pape Gueye the other scorer is a proper French boy

FWIW, Camara may have effectively benched Spurs' Pap Matarr Sarr unless Aliou Cisse has a way to play both of them
Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:51 pm Crisp, accurate, well-taken shots, executed with superb technique! All 3 of them. This is a guess but I'm guessing some(or all) of those goal scorers for Senegal came up through the French academy system. Meanwhile our "world class" players are huffing and puffing to kill birds with their "shots".
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

YUJAM wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:20 am Lamine Camara is from Casamance - S Senegal. He went through Gen Foot one of their three major academies and played in their league briefly. He won player of the tourney for both the CHAN and U20 AFCON. He moved from the league to Metz where he won an immediate starting position. I think he may be one of those generational talents. Pape Gueye the other scorer is a proper French boy

FWIW, Camara may have effectively benched Spurs' Pap Matarr Sarr unless Aliou Cisse has a way to play both of them
Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:51 pm Crisp, accurate, well-taken shots, executed with superb technique! All 3 of them. This is a guess but I'm guessing some(or all) of those goal scorers for Senegal came up through the French academy system. Meanwhile our "world class" players are huffing and puffing to kill birds with their "shots".
God bless you for dropping the real story.
Kpele (condolences), bad luck at the match the Scorpions created some good chances. Mendy was on his game, and so were the other 10 players. This game must have been what West Germany vs. East Germany felt like.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

YUJAM wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:20 am Lamine Camara is from Casamance - S Senegal. He went through Gen Foot one of their three major academies and played in their league briefly. He won player of the tourney for both the CHAN and U20 AFCON. He moved from the league to Metz where he won an immediate starting position. I think he may be one of those generational talents. Pape Gueye the other scorer is a proper French boy

God bless you for dropping the real story.
Kpele (condolences), bad luck at the match the Scorpions created some good chances. Mendy was on his game, and so were the other 10 players. This game must have been what West Germany vs. East Germany felt like.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Thanks for clarifying things further. Lamine Camara is indeed a great talent. Also the assist from Ndiaye for Camara’s 2nd goal will stand as the assist of the tournament. Anyone who hasn’t seen that assist should drop everything they are doing now and rush to go see it! (Starting from minute 7:49 of the video below)

Wha choo looking at?!