Mali vs. South Africa 2-0 FT

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Mali vs. South Africa 2-0

Post by anointed »

South Africa will one day admit they aren't just good enough at football.
That country can't get a good scorer to save its diamonds.

With all the good organization they have, theirs is a case of having a head
but no cap.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

SA the huff and puff team of African football.
Peter Obi For President 2023
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

anointed wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:48 pm South Africa will one day admit they aren't just good enough at football.

but no cap.
They play exciting football until they get to the final third
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:07 pm
anointed wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:48 pm South Africa will one day admit they aren't just good enough at football.

but no cap.
Reminds me of a certain team ...

Wha choo looking at?!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Mali vs. South Africa 2-0 FT

Post by YUJAM »

They played so well at the beginning. Percy Tau let the team down with the PK miss.

But S Africa should be better than this. They have the best infrastructure on the continent, and they have the richest clubs. So what's the problem? My theory is their players are too comfy because they don't need to leave S Africa to the better leagues where they'd have to elevate their levels
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

but no cap.
Absolutely spot on.

I've said it here before. Scoring acumen doesn't just exist at a high level
in the PSL.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

They are extremely naive. They played superbly in the first half but the signs were there as they kept getting caught on the ball playing from the back. Second half and Mali just jumped them and they could not respond.

I think they are capable of getting points against Tunisia and Namibia though.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

airwolex wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:35 am They are extremely naive. They played superbly in the first half but the signs were there as they kept getting caught on the ball playing from the back. Second half and Mali just jumped them and they could not respond.

I am not sure about that, they normally struggle with their southern counterparts
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:44 pm
airwolex wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:35 am They are extremely naive. They played superbly in the first half but the signs were there as they kept getting caught on the ball playing from the back. Second half and Mali just jumped them and they could not respond.

I am not sure about that, they normally struggle with their southern counterparts
If they can't beat Namibia they should Amapiano their backsides home.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

anointed wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:48 am

but no cap.
Absolutely spot on.

I've said it here before. Scoring acumen doesn't just exist at a high level
in the PSL.
S. African football is too insular. They need to open up that league to more outsiders like the EPL. See how EPL diversity helped England.

As for their last game, the team was more selfish in the final third than they were at the last AFCON. Maybe Mali’s defense had a lot to do with it.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:44 pm Is there a law in South Africa that at any given time there must be at least one Mokoena playing for Bafana Bafana?
Likewise Nigeria alwasy seems to have a Victor on the squad somewhere .. Ikpeba, Agali,Nsofor, Osimhen, Boniface, Moses , Igbinoba and on and on
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

BAP wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:07 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:44 pm Is there a law in South Africa that at any given time there must be at least one Mokoena playing for Bafana Bafana?
Likewise Nigeria alwasy seems to have a Victor on the squad somewhere .. Ikpeba, Agali,Nsofor, Osimhen, Boniface, Moses , Igbinoba and on and on
Kai! Na true o! :mrgreen: BTW welcome back!

Wha choo looking at?!
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:19 pm
Kai! Na true o! :mrgreen: BTW welcome back!
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

BAP, good to see you. Unfortunately, I think CE is lost on R&R, not sure there's a way back :lol: Liberals on TDS running rampant with no care in the world :rotf:
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

felarey wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:52 am
BAP, good to see you. Unfortunately, I think CE is lost on R&R, not sure there's a way back :lol: Liberals on TDS running rampant with no care in the world :rotf:
Good to see you bro ..why you think say I dey avoid R&R like the plague I dont even look there and havent looked there in years . I dont even want to get drawn in . Its a lost cause :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

BAP wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:41 am
felarey wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:52 am
Good to see you bro ..why you think say I dey avoid R&R like the plague I dont even look there and havent looked there in years . I dont even want to get drawn in . Its a lost cause :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Everyone knows why you two stay away from RnR.
But we still love yous anyways.
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "