How can we stop the Nigerian commentator on BeInsports?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
How can we stop the Nigerian commentator on BeInsports?

Post by bamenda boy »

Please don't tell me that's the great Bull. He is so annoying.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: How can we stop the Nigerian commentator on BeInsports?

Post by green4life »

bamenda boy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:43 pm Please don't tell me that's the great Bull. He is so annoying.
Haha. Actually I’ve been enjoying his commentary. Ironically I feel like he has improved over the years as a commentator.

But he’s a homer as expected when commenting on Nigeria’s games.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i have enjoyed his commentary, his positivity is a plus. With him no single tension dey grip me for our games, I hope we have him in all our games. What a legend
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

He just needs to talk a bit less. Otherwise commentary is ok. He was the first to say that the 1-1 result was not bad while other fans were wailing.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

He called that penalty quicker than lightning though. He just took one glance at it and knew.

but yeah I tuned him out for most of the game. I don't like the way his voice sounds for one, it is this grating/muffled sound without enough clarity/enunciation. It would take me too much effort to try to understand him clearly, or I would have to increase the volume.

and yes he could talk a lot less. As far as the bias goes...I hate biased commentary (even in our favour). I feel like pundits can do that a bit (with full disclosure), but with commentators it always comes off as tacky to me.

The only point of a commentator is to call the play by play and give context. If the play by play is not as it appears (due to bias) then it is pointless. Tell the fans what they are seeing, not what you want them to see.

Australians are the worst at biased commentary.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

bamenda boy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:43 pm Please don't tell me that's the great Bull. He is so annoying.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I thought I was the only one. :lol: :lol:
The voice. The constant yapping. The bias. Though I’m used to worse bias here on CE. The guy needs to take lessons on when and how to talk; and how to be a color commentator.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

less annoying than the guy from Southern Africa who is always busy stating the obvious.
Last edited by ANC on Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Kabalega wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:14 am
The voice. The constant yapping. The bias. Though I’m used to worse bias here on CE. The guy needs to take lessons on when and how to talk; and how to be a color commentator.
...he is doing the job of a "color commentator". Look it up.
Only non-Nigerians will diss him, he's doing fine using a foreign language to convey :biggrin:
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

The commentary has been good, reminds me of watching SE on NTA back in the day. The best commentators are chatter boxes. Let them be. None has talked as much as my man Ray Hudson who has an orgasmic response to Messi's game. :lol:
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

mcal wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:57 pm
Only non-Nigerians will diss him, he's doing fine using a foreign language to convey :biggrin:
His is colorless commentary.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Kabalega wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:28 pm
mcal wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:57 pm
His is colorless commentary.
...yep, to none Nigerian like you :biggrin:
wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by wazobia »

Let us support our own, he is an SE legend and has earned the right to provide the color commentary. He does bring a different perspective to the commentary. He may occasionally struggle to express himself but overall he is a great addition to the commentary team
WOWO = ONO (oh no!) = OBO

WOWO 'We only want Oyinbo'

ONO 'Oyinbo na Oyinbo'

OBO 'Oyinbo be Oyinbo'
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

i was almost done with him when he said someone was booked for consent. but he is very good (when he's not calling Nigeria games)
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

wazobia wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:37 pm Let us support our own, he is an SE legend and has earned the right to provide the color commentary. He does bring a different perspective to the commentary. He may occasionally struggle to express himself but overall he is a great addition to the commentary team
KPOM! Though I don't think he struggles at all. We should do things our own way. Hopefully soon we'll have our own tv setup that'll cater to africans (pidgin option) and won't have to rely on international feed like bein sports.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

I can understand a non Nigerian for having every reason to hate his commentary. I would feel similarly if Eto was calling Cameroon games or Gyan calling Ghana games. But for me as a Nigerian, e dey sweet my belle well well.

His overall expression and analysis of the game is more than good enough: definitely much better than the dross we've been flogged with from clueless England / EPL commentators.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

green4life wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:04 pm I can understand a non Nigerian for having every reason to hate his commentary. I would feel similarly if Eto was calling Cameroon games or Gyan calling Ghana games. But for me as a Nigerian, e dey sweet my belle well well.

His overall expression and analysis of the game is more than good enough: definitely much better than the dross we've been flogged with from clueless England / EPL commentators.
Let’s not sugar coat it. He yaps too much and the voice needs work. These issues have little to do with citizenry or nationality. Heck, let him talk loudly like many Nigerians. :lol:
Just have the right broadcast voice and know when to turn off the mic.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Send the network an email with the exact nature of your complaint.

Just keep it professional. No ad hominems. They might pass any relevant criticisms to him.

I have no problems with constructive criticism.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

King Futcha wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:42 pm i was almost done with him when he said someone was booked for consent. but he is very good (when he's not calling Nigeria games)
I’m dead 😂 😂 😂 Don’t do our legend like that
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

When he started mentioning those 80’s super eagles players, I’m like tone the homerism down bro.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
kendo
Egg
Egg

Post by kendo »

The comments he made here is what has half of twitter cracking up.
Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

kendo wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:18 am The comments he made here is what has half of twitter cracking up.
Ray Hudson used to descrive a goal as orgasmic. lol
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

kendo wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:18 am The comments he made here is what has half of twitter cracking up.
It's nothing new. It's been around since Gull it's days as Chelsea manager
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe