Senegal vs Cameroon (3-1) FT

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: Senegal vs Cameroon (1-0)

Post by Sleaky72 »

green4life wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:51 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:47 pm
green4life wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:46 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:45 pm Hate to be critical but Onana has to save that.
Well placed but your keeper has to save that ..
LOL. That was my initial thought but on replay, all credit goes to Mane. It was inch perfect and made Onana look bad.
The placement was great but with the pace of the shot, you gotta save those I’m sorry
The issue has less to do with the pace and everything to do with the speed of the inbound cut back pass in connection with the direction & 1 timeness of Mane's shot PLUS the inch perfect accuracy which was spinning away from Onana. Too many things happened in less than 2 seconds and all where executed 10/10. This one is not on Onana and I'm not his fan.
Chief as someone mentioned earlier, his reaction was slow and usually smaller goalie’s make up for their lack of size with their reflexes and agility.
Sorry this guy ain’t it for me.
More David Raya then anything else
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Senegal vs Cameroon (1-0)

Post by felarey »

smallpikin wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:05 pm
airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:47 pm
green4life wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:46 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:45 pm Hate to be critical but Onana has to save that.
Well placed but your keeper has to save that ..
LOL. That was my initial thought but on replay, all credit goes to Mane. It was inch perfect and made Onana look bad.
He was slow to get down and has dino short arms.
United need Onana more than Cameroun does. She should not have bothered hopping on the private jet.
Only junior thinks this and probably approved the jet. No other coach in world football would continue to play Onana at Man Utd so he better start asking his mates if they have any openings at their workplace :taunt: He's worse than De Gea. Truth is a great goalkeeper would have done something about atleast one of the goals Senegal got today. He doesn't read anything before it happens. Another one of the beauties at Utd recently, Onana 47M @120k/week, Antony 82M @200k/week, Sancho 73M @250k/week etc. to name a few :D Contracts being handed out are just crazy.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
joao
Egg
Egg
Re: Senegal vs Cameroon (3-1)

Post by joao »

Cameroon always playing on the borders of ruthless crudity. With their ongoing style,
it will be easy for the team to be victimized by a prejudiced referee. If they can take
the unnecessary harshness out of their game, they will be okay.

As for Senegal, it will not be wise for any opposition, especially Nigeria to play high balls
against the team. Likewise will be the idea of crossing into their box when your attackers
are 5' 10'' or below.

AFCON looking good so far.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

for someone that thinks he's bigger than his national team and country Onana has looked pretty average at best, not sure if it's the UTD curse because he was world class at Inter.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

If you are going to be forming big boy, then better come out and give a performance like Kudus. Someone asked if the first goal was his fault, well not really a mistake but it was a ball he could have caught. Punching is not a bad option but he did not get any distance on it.

I still think his reactions were slow for the second goal.

Neither goals are howlers but the point is why give an average player so much leeway. The guy that kept the first game couldn't have done worse.

Song seems weak to me, especially if the stories about the Bayern player is true. He should have stayed in England.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

green4life wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:54 pm
airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:52 pm I just don't think he is a great keeper. I think he could have done better on the first goal as well. Not a guy to stress over at all.
I agree with you on the first goal where Onana's punch did not go far enough nor away from the action.
Goalkeeping 101. Punch to the least dangerous area, Usually the sides.
Even good defenders head the ball to the least dangerous spot.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...why Cameroon admit Onana back into goalkeeping? Chei, that country don dey collapse like Nigeria.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Song made a mistake by playing Onana. He should have left him out altogether. He is their best keeper but his heart just wasn't in this competition. Maybe he doesn't like playing for Song, and his inclusion is due to Eto.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Orion wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:11 am Song made a mistake by playing Onana. He should have left him out altogether. He is their best keeper but his heart just wasn't in this competition. Maybe he doesn't like playing for Song, and his inclusion is due to Eto
based on speculation only it seems onana was imposed on song probably by the ever hovering eto'o.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

King Futcha wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:57 am
Orion wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:11 am Song made a mistake by playing Onana. He should have left him out altogether. He is their best keeper but his heart just wasn't in this competition. Maybe he doesn't like playing for Song, and his inclusion is due to Eto
based on speculation only it seems onana was imposed on song probably by the ever hovering eto'o.
I suspected that was the case. Eto'o tried to play the mediator when they had their quarrel during the last World Cup, but obviously, there are still unresolved differences between the two.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Go listen to the interview Choupo-Moting 's father gave the other day on what let you his fall out with Eto'o.
On the case of Onana, I hear he was imposed on the team by the minister of sports who along with Onana are from the Beti ruling class on Cameruin. But the loss dey sweet us very badly.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

bamenda boy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:26 am
Go listen to the interview Choupo-Moting 's father gave the other day on what let you his fall out with Eto'o.
On the case of Onana, I hear he was imposed on the team by the minister of sports who along with Onana are from the Beti ruling class on Cameruin. But the loss dey sweet us very badly.
sounds about right, thank you.
Saints baby we did it
panafrican
Egg
Egg

Post by panafrican »

I heard that Onana was imposed by the government but it's not the first time and it won't be the last time a player is imposed on the team.

It was famously the case for Milla in 1990. (Some of his teamates thought he was too old)

As for Onana the question is : is he the best keeper in Cameroon ? For me the answer is yes
The indomitable lions ; Africa's best team ever.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Instead Bamenda go focus on stopping Senegal, you wan stoo Amokachi's commentary... as Futcha hoodrats would say, homie you focused on the wrong things
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

100%Naija wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:02 pm Instead Bamenda go focus on stopping Senegal, you wan stoo Amokachi's commentary... as Futcha hoodrats would say, homie you focused on the wrong things
Have you not realized that non of us here super Cameruin? Before now, we a would have had the likes of Robert Milla, Mlkama, Smallpikin etc just to name a few supporting our team. But we have been mate to know that we are not part of that country.E di sweet us. Military came and killed 25 kids in Ngarbuh. Seven kids were killed by separatist for and all the other stuff happening in the country. Eto'o said he would vote for Paul Biya and went to Limbe just before the AFCON with heavy security and claimed there were no problems in Cameroon. As I type, his person confidant, Ernest Obama, said the military should wipe out all English Cameroonians. Eto'o hired him immediately after that statement. You dare criticize Eto'o, they suspend you immediately and label you jealous. Lol
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

bamenda boy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:41 pm
100%Naija wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:02 pm Instead Bamenda go focus on stopping Senegal, you wan stoo Amokachi's commentary... as Futcha hoodrats would say, homie you focused on the wrong things
Have you not realized that non of us here super Cameruin? Before now, we a would have had the likes of Robert Milla, Mlkama, Smallpikin etc just to name a few supporting our team. But we have been mate to know that we are not part of that country.E di sweet us. Military came and killed 25 kids in Ngarbuh. Seven kids were killed by separatist for and all the other stuff happening in the country. Eto'o said he would vote for Paul Biya and went to Limbe just before the AFCON with heavy security and claimed there were no problems in Cameroon. As I type, his person confidant, Ernest Obama, said the military should wipe out all English Cameroonians. Eto'o hired him immediately after that statement. You dare criticize Eto'o, they suspend you immediately and label you jealous. Lol
WTF is going on in Cameroon? Why is Africa so cursed!!!! Tufiakwa
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Song needs to consult Singletary :thumbs: :thumbs:

Saints baby we did it
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

forgot to congratulate you, the last time the lions had playoff success your hairline was still in tact.

and as a msu and michgan fan its hard for you to fail but you still find a way... congrats on your national championship as well!
Saints baby we did it
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

King Futcha wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:59 pm Song needs to consult Singletary :thumbs: :thumbs:

That's a legendary soundbite against SF tight end, Vernon Davis, who later turned his game around after his coach's criticism and went on to have a successful 13 year NFL career.

Unfortunately, ajebutter players of nowadays will cry to daddy, the media, twitter and tik tok to get the coach fired on the spot. :D
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

green4life wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:26 pm
King Futcha wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:59 pm Song needs to consult Singletary :thumbs: :thumbs:

That's a legendary soundbite against SF tight end, Vernon Davis, who later turned his game around after his coach's criticism and went on to have a successful 13 year NFL career.

Unfortunately, ajebutter players of nowadays will cry to daddy, the media, twitter and tik tok to get the coach fired on the spot. :D
indeed brother.
Saints baby we did it