Senegal vs Cameroon (3-1) FT

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Senegal vs Cameroon (1-0)

Post by felarey »

Great players are great, they bail their team out, Sadio Mane, was quiet, then decided to play when they needed him. Cameroon picking up the play is commendable though.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

green4life wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:46 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:45 pm Hate to be critical but Onana has to save that.
Well placed but your keeper has to save that ..
LOL. That was my initial thought but on replay, all credit goes to Mane. It was inch perfect and made Onana look bad.
He was slow to get down and has dino short arms.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

hestonap wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:44 pm
hestonap wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:43 pm Mane ...damn. Thierry Henriesque placement
Scratch that...reminds me of Bggio against Rufai :veryangry:
For sure. That sort of placement always makes the goalie look poor which is reality there's nothing he could've done better.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Senegal vs Cameroon (3-1)

Post by maceo4 »

That finish by Mane is what I hope our players can have the class to do…not just blast blast all the time…Senegal is very strong, will take a heck of a lot to keep them from winning this thing again…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:47 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:45 pm Hate to be critical but Onana has to save that.
LOL. That was my initial thought but on replay, all credit goes to Mane. It was inch perfect and made Onana look bad.
Thank you
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

green4life wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:43 pm These Castaleto crosses have been troubling... 3-1.. Mane
That's the secret - those low trajectory crosses are the key. Im surprised they don't have blockers to screen the runners attacking the cross.

Im sure other teams will take note.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:47 pm
The placement was great but with the pace of the shot, you gotta save those I’m sorry
The issue has less to do with the pace and everything to do with the speed of the inbound cut back pass in connection with the direction & 1 timeness of Mane's shot PLUS the inch perfect accuracy which was spinning away from Onana. Too many things happened in less than 2 seconds and all where executed 10/10. This one is not on Onana and I'm not his fan.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I just don't think he is a great keeper. I think he could have done better on the first goal as well. Not a guy to stress over at all.
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

green4life wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:45 pm That Mane's finish was 100% class. Football made easy. Kai.
Kpom :thumbs:
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Well that's football for you, the Cameroonian player had an easy chance and he missed. Senegal go and score.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:52 pm I just don't think he is a great keeper. I think he could have done better on the first goal as well. Not a guy to stress over at all.
I agree with you on the first goal where Onana's punch did not go far enough nor away from the action.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

green4life wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:51 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:47 pm
The placement was great but with the pace of the shot, you gotta save those I’m sorry
The issue has less to do with the pace and everything to do with the speed of the inbound cut back pass in connection with the direction & 1 timeness of Mane's shot PLUS the inch perfect accuracy which was spinning away from Onana. Too many things happened in less than 2 seconds and all where executed 10/10. This one is not on Onana and I'm not his fan.
KPOM
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:52 pm I just don't think he is a great keeper. I think he could have done better on the first goal as well. Not a guy to stress over at all.
ONANA? Yea, not someone I rate highly. With all the sh1t he rubbed on their face, they still lose with him. Whats the point?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:41 pm Wonder if Mbouma from Brentford was healthy how diff things would’ve been for CAM
Song didn't call Choupo-Moting because Eto'o had a misunderstanding with Choupo-Moting's father who happens to be Choupo-Moting's manager.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Showboy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:52 pm
green4life wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:45 pm That Mane's finish was 100% class. Football made easy. Kai.
Kpom :thumbs:
Football is not only about muscle and using the ball to tear the net into 10 pieces. His goal reminded me a bit of KDB's goal against Newcastle about a week ago. Simply passed it into the net from a longer distance. The key in both goals was has more to do with the shooting technique of the player and little to do with the power of the shot.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

bamenda boy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:57 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:41 pm Wonder if Mbouma from Brentford was healthy how diff things would’ve been for CAM
Song didn't call Choupo-Moting because Eto'o had a misunderstanding with Choupo-Moting's father who happens to be Choupo-Moting's manager.
Lol wow!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:49 pm That finish by Mane is what I hope our players can have the class to do…not just blast blast all the time…Senegal is very strong, will take a heck of a lot to keep them from winning this thing again…

On the contrary, I see a lot of weaknesses about the team. But its a low quality tournament and they are looking good for it. So far...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Onana will be looking for a job by christmas after he's cost junior his job. He doesn't read anything and just waits to make saves. Gets caught flat footed too many times.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Senegal will take some stopping. They have no real weaknesses, plus Mane hasn't even gotten going yet.
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:47 pm
United need Onana more than Cameroun does. She should not have bothered hopping on the private jet.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:04 pm Senegal will take some stopping. They have no real weaknesses, plus Mane hasn't even gotten going yet.

That's interesting. I see so many weaknesses about them...
Last edited by txj on Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

1st goal was a deflection in the box. Are you serious?? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

bamenda boy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:57 pm
Jeez.
Isn’t the nations interest more important than personal stuff? Some of these guys smh