Morocco vs DR Congo (1-1) FT

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Morocco vs DR Congo (1-1)

Post by airwolex »

Congo really competed well. This Moroccan team is stacked
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Wissa has not been good today. He was immense against Zambia
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Whatever, dude.

It's not that simple. DRC made three changes that influenced the game significantly. Morocco also tired towards the end of the game and were unable to maintain their cohesion in midfield and attack
txj wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:49 pm
Undertaker wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:45 pm
txj wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:38 pm Decision by Morocco to sit back is not being supported by their tactical organization and work rate
They did that because they were sweating in that West African heat!

Problem is not the decision to sit back, but not being compact and not controlling the game especially in MF where they are superior and thus allowing an end to end game
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Moroccan coach starting rubbish with Mbemba
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Morocco vs DR Congo (1-1) FT

Post by maceo4 »

Congo should have won!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

The weather sha...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Cellular wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:03 pm The weather sha...
I know.... it was great! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Morocco did well in Qatar mainly because they like to sit back and play on the counter. Not so sure they are so great when the shoe is on the other foot. They didn't look good offensively. Algeria is actually more fluid, they just need to bench Mahrez, their striker is way better than the Moroccan 9 and they're slicker in their build up play.
Last edited by airwolex on Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:03 pm The weather sha...

Its a big challenge.
But I think some of the teams are not adapting their games as well as they can.
There's too much use of the long ball and end to end play.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Wow! DR Congo held Morocco to a 1-1 draw? I am surprised. I wish I watched the game. I had thought Morocco will dispense DRC with ease.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Morocco vs DR Congo (1-0)

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:31 pmmissed
Thus if DRC had scored their penalty [granted it doesn't go that way] they probably would have beaten Morocco Whaooooo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Congo captain Chancel Mbemba subjected to online racist abuse after Africa Cup game against Morocco

ABIDJAN, Ivory Coast (AP) — Congo captain Chancel Mbemba was subjected to a torrent of racist abuse on social media after leading his team to a 1-1 draw against Morocco at the Africa Cup of Nations on Sunday.

Mbemba’s Instagram account was targeted by many users who replied to his latest posts with monkey or gorilla emojis, or wrote racist comments.

The 29-year-old Mbemba, who is Black, plays for top-tier French club Marseille.

Mbemba had a heated exchange with Morocco coach Walid Regragui after the match. It led to a melee between players and officials from both teams that continued as they left the field and went down the players’ tunnel.

Regragui sought Mbemba after the game when the player was on his knees giving thanks in a personal moment. Mbemba took Regragui’s hand and clapped him on the back as it appeared he thought it was a friendly exchange. But Regragui kept hold of Mbemba’s hand and carried on talking. The player angrily pulled his hand away and gestured for the video referee before players from both sides jumped in.

Mbemba suggested to journalists after the game in San Pedro that Regragui had insulted him.

“I’m keeping my silence, it’s better. Everybody knows me, I respect everyone … but I never thought I’d hear that word from the coach, that it would come from his mouth,” Mbemba said.

There was no immediate reaction from Regragui.

https://sports.yahoo.com/congo-captain- ... 51691.html
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

make i no talk, when i said a lot during the WC , some abused me here.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=311014
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

King Futcha wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:34 am Congo captain Chancel Mbemba subjected to online racist abuse after Africa Cup game against Morocco

ABIDJAN, Ivory Coast (AP) — Congo captain Chancel Mbemba was subjected to a torrent of racist abuse on social media after leading his team to a 1-1 draw against Morocco at the Africa Cup of Nations on Sunday.

Mbemba’s Instagram account was targeted by many users who replied to his latest posts with monkey or gorilla emojis, or wrote racist comments.

The 29-year-old Mbemba, who is Black, plays for top-tier French club Marseille.

Mbemba had a heated exchange with Morocco coach Walid Regragui after the match. It led to a melee between players and officials from both teams that continued as they left the field and went down the players’ tunnel.

Regragui sought Mbemba after the game when the player was on his knees giving thanks in a personal moment. Mbemba took Regragui’s hand and clapped him on the back as it appeared he thought it was a friendly exchange. But Regragui kept hold of Mbemba’s hand and carried on talking. The player angrily pulled his hand away and gestured for the video referee before players from both sides jumped in.

Mbemba suggested to journalists after the game in San Pedro that Regragui had insulted him.

“I’m keeping my silence, it’s better. Everybody knows me, I respect everyone … but I never thought I’d hear that word from the coach, that it would come from his mouth,” Mbemba said.

There was no immediate reaction from Regragui.

https://sports.yahoo.com/congo-captain- ... 51691.html
Hopefully a black team takes them out
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!