Racial incident after the Morocco/DRC game

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Racial incident after the Morocco/DRC game

Post by YUJAM »

Regragui, the Moroccan coach, is alleged to have used racial epithets towards Chancel Mbemba.

I hope this is investigated by CAF and the right actions taken. There should be zero tolerance for racism at the AFCON.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Racial incident after the Morocco/DRC game

Post by ANC »

It appears to be a North African thing, even Black Sudanese see you as the other.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YUJAM wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:15 am Regragui, the Moroccan coach, is alleged to have used racial epithets towards Chancel Mbemba.

I hope this is investigated by CAF and the right actions taken. There should be zero tolerance for racism at the AFCON.
These are the same folks who shouted the world-cup was for the ARABS. I am not surprised
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

If that coach really said that, then he has lost all of the respect I had for him. He was basically demanding respect from the Congolese player after his own team had spent the last 90 minutes losing a chunk of it while Congo gained. So no he does not have to acknowledge you because they just proved that you are not Larger than Life and your team is quite beatable. North Africans tend to look for an excuse to fight when they're frustrated at things not going their way.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Why were Moroccan players involved?

I saw De Sabre right there with both of them after the game. He must have heard something.

This is all unnecessary distraction for Morocco. Let’s see how CAF placates the Moroccan King. :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ban the coach
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I want this dealt with! Also, every player that was involved fighting should be banned!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Under what circumstances are they suspending 2 out of the 4 games? Racism is not bad enough?
Morocco manager Walid Regragui has been suspended for four games by the Confederation of African Football.

Two matches of his ban have been suspended for a year, but the 48-year old will miss Morocco's final Group F game against Zambia at the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations finals on Wednesday (20:00 GMT).
https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/68088011
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

They're truly confused. Most are not sure whether they're Arabs or Africans.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

One for the cameras from En Nesyri there. Why wait till he’s halfway down the corridor, with an army of officials and likely interveners in between before deciding you want to “sort things out”. Keegan and Franny Lee, straight blow for blow there and then. No need for playground theatrics. The fabled corridors have more cameras than Jessops. Pathetic.

In truth, tempers flare, full contact sport and all, a little scuffle could serve as an enforcer a la Ice Hockey. With good legislation to ensure certain safeties, let them fight or atleast grapple to begin with. Once either player is grounded, the fight’s over. Let’s see En Nesyri then, when the law books allow his invitation to be accepted.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

highbury wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:44 am They're truly confused. Most are not sure whether they're Arabs or Africans.
I don't think they are confused. Na we dey poke nose for wetin no concern us. They are a mix. Some are more Arab than African and vice versa. As for the racism, e be like say na follow come for them.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

CAF should come out and tell the world why Regragui was suspended.
It seems CAF are afraid of Morocco and the suspended Tanzanian coach seems to be right about Morocco after all
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:52 pm CAF should come out and tell the world why Regragui was suspended.
It seems CAF are afraid of Morocco and the suspended Tanzanian coach seems to be right about Morocco after all
Yup! I am shocked that other countries have not stood together and refused to play until CAF does the needful.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

No surprises here. SMH!
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

There is no evidence I am aware that Regragui said anything racist to Mbemba.

If something was said, why hasn't Mbemba told us what it is ?

Regragui has black players on his team, or at least partially black.

I think you guys are just jumping to conclusions. Not everything in the world is racism.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:59 pm There is no evidence I am aware that Regragui said anything racist to Mbemba.

I think you guys are just jumping to conclusions. Not everything in the world is racism.
Did the players tell you that they are black or partially black?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ANC wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:19 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:59 pm There is no evidence I am aware that Regragui said anything racist to Mbemba.

Do you have eyes ?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:21 pm

Do you have eyes ?

I have eyes, sir. I know that some from that part of the world, darker than me, do not consider themselves "black" or "African."
I was not trying to be rude but stating what I recently learned.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Could you please tell us why he was banned for 4 games?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:30 pm
For fighting.

I've read a number of articles. Nowhere does it say he was banned for racism.

Does Mbemba even say what he claims Regragui said ?

Regragui claims he was insulted (not racially) by Mbemba during the match. He went to shake his hand and ask why he was talked to like that. Mbemba ignored him, then Regragui grabbed his arm. That's when it got heated. Mbemba started yelling.

As far as I see it, it was a heated exchange after a tough match.

Does there have to be racism involved ?

People see what they want to see, but so far there's really no evidence for such, just speculation.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ANC wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:26 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:21 pm

Do you have eyes ?

I have eyes, sir. I know that some from that part of the world, darker than me, do not consider themselves "black" or "African."
I was not trying to be rude but stating what I recently learned.
Some Hispanics also don't consider themselves "black" Many Dominicans for example.

Doesn't matter what they consider. They are part Black African heritage. They can live in denial if they wish.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

greg wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:51 am If that coach really said that, then he has lost all of the respect I had for him. He was basically demanding respect from the Congolese player after his own team had spent the last 90 minutes losing a chunk of it while Congo gained. So no he does not have to acknowledge you because they just proved that you are not Larger than Life and your team is quite beatable. North Africans tend to look for an excuse to fight when they're frustrated at things not going their way.
Players and coaches shake each other's hands at the end of matches no ?

Isn't that standard operation ?

Players often get into heated situations in a Mach, only to later shake hands and hug. It's normal sporting behavior.

The fact that Mbemba felt the need to not be sporting at the end of the match tells me more about this incident than anything else.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:35 pm
danfo driver wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:30 pm
For fighting.

I've read a number of articles. Nowhere does it say he was banned for racism.
Could you post the report, please. Thanks!

A bunch of people "fought." In fact, one player was caught on camera lunging at another heading into the tunnel, yet, only Regragui was banned for 4 games. Could you explain this inconsistency? Thanks!